Digital Membership Cards?

I've never had the MDE app, we live in CA and go to Disneyland. Can I download the digital card onto the Disneyland app or do I need MDE as well?
I've been trying to get the Disneyland app to recognize my DVC membership with no luck. I have it in my Google Pay wallet & it shows on MDE for WDW but whenever I try to add it to the DL app I get an error message. I will be calling MS on Monday to see if they can do anything for me without totally resetting all my Disney affiliations which usually results in having to come up with another new unique password. I have a trip to Disneyland in a little over two weeks so I need the DVC discount to be added automatically for mobile ordering at DL on the DL app.

I've been trying to get the Disneyland app to recognize my DVC membership with no luck. I have it in my Google Pay wallet & it shows on MDE for WDW but whenever I try to add it to the DL app I get an error message. I will be calling MS on Monday to see if they can do anything for me without totally resetting all my Disney affiliations which usually results in having to come up with another new unique password. I have a trip to Disneyland in a little over two weeks so I need the DVC discount to be added automatically for mobile ordering at DL on the DL app.
If you have any success please let me know, good luck w/MS!

Your DVC Affiliation will probably work fine with the DL app even though you’re getting errors trying to link it. I have the same problem, and yet the app has somehow figured out that I’m DVC blue card eligible and I get the discounts, even as recently as November. Now if only the MDE app would recognize that I’m a blue card member….

Funny, how Disney is always ready to go to war over a discount. We forgot our Member Card when we went to Vero. We drove to Vero and we stopped at Animal Kingdom Lodge for one night. We mentioned that we had left our card at home. The staff at AKL was great……No Problem you will get your discount on checkout blah blah…..and we did. We drove to Vero and explained that we had forgotten the card. We were treated like trash and we were told in no uncertain terms we would not get a discount. We were told we could get a temporary card at the resorts at WDW and DL but not at VB and HH. The CM said they couldn’t verify that it was us without the card. Which made no sense to us since they accepted our ID’s when we checked in to allow us to use our points. I spoke to a Supervisor at Member Services about the matter. She confirmed that these were the rules. I explained that we were planning at eating at the bar and restaurant on site and building a few t shirts and such at the gift. Now, I am not going to go their overpriced restaurant and purchase their overprice t shirts. My question to her was what did DVC/ Disney win?

While I discussed the matter with her, I was in the lobby of VB. It was 5:30pm. We had received the text saying our room was ready at 3:45 pm. My wife and I loaded 2 carts with beach chairs, cooler, umbrella and our luggage and Food from Publix. We got to the room to find a housekeeper who had just started to clean the room. It was a mess. Shame on the people who left the unit that way! We worked it out that our carts went in the hall and laundry room.

I explained to her that DVC expected us to be flexible and sit in the lobby in pain (I am disabled with Chronic Pain from a work accident 22 years ago) while waiting for them to clean a room that they said was ready. Did they offer another room? No. Did they send another Housekeeper to help? No. Yet, at the same time,DVC showed absolutely no flexibility towards us when we made a honest mistake in leaving the Member card in my wife’s regular purse. (She makes a travel purse and doesn’t bring all the cards in her regular purse). My question to her was……How is this hospitality?? We were there for a week. DVC and Management at the hotel could have done so many things to accommodate a member. I asked if they have courier pouches that go back and forth to the resort? She told me yes on a daily basis. They couldn’t send a temp paper card in the pouch? They could send the paper card via fax? They couldn’t send a .pdf of the temp card via email and print it out at the desk? The MOD at the desk could have printed out a note with our Member number and a note to the gift shop and a server of what to do? They couldn’t send a Raven?( we were bing watching Games of Thrones at the time). Apparently, the supervisor was a huge fan! My point in all this was that DVC had so many options that cost DVC nothing to help a Member. Instead, it was easier to say NO.

It is RIDICULOUS that they can’t send a Memo to all the depts dealing with Discounts to accept the blue cards or temp cards until further notice. What is happening at Disneyland is especially RIDICULOUS! Ken Potrock, Head of Disneyland, use to be head of DVC. He can’t figure out a way?? It doesn’t surprise me though, I met him at Member Night at AK a few years ago. I spoke to him how frustrated I was that 2 days Prior we spent one night at Boardwalk and Housekeeping knocked on our door, with a door tag on it, at 8 am to see what time we were leaving. We had planned to sleep in, check out and move our SUV to BCV for the week. We received 3 hang up phone calls at 9, 9:30 and 10 am. So, we were being driven out. This had happened several times prior to this trip as well. What was his response? Did you fill out a survey card?? I told him I wrote letters to his DVC Member Satisfaction team. Well, filling out the survey cards is better…….so, his own executive team wasn’t capable of controlling housekeeping. so, it doesn’t surprise me that he can’t put two and two together. It makes me wonder how these idiots get so high in Management!

It is RIDICULOUS that they can’t send a Memo to all the depts dealing with Discounts to accept the blue cards or temp cards until further notice
Even if they did, it wouldn't help. Most CMs are overworked and never have time to read stuff like that. It takes months for any new information to propogate and even then there will be inconsistencies. The only solution is for it to be automatically applied through bar code or ticket media or something, but that would involve functional technology which is a lot to ask of this crew running the show.

We have been members since 2000 and bought both of our contracts direct. My affiliation only says DVC, it does not have a Y after it. Does anyone know if that will be a problem when using it for a discount?

We have been members since 2000 and bought both of our contracts direct. My affiliation only says DVC, it does not have a Y after it. Does anyone know if that will be a problem when using it for a discount?
Does it say that in the details of a MagicMobile card in your smartphone wallet? That’s where the Y is supposed to show up. It doesn’t show in your profile in MDE.

Does it say that in the details of a MagicMobile card in your smartphone wallet? That’s where the Y is supposed to show up. It doesn’t show in your profile in MDE.

Yes, it is saved to my Apple wallet. When I click on the 3 dots, it says affiliation: Annual, DVC. Nothing after DVC. At least it doesn't say ND, but it doesn't say Y which it should.

Yes, it is saved to my Apple wallet. When I click on the 3 dots, it says affiliation: Annual, DVC. Nothing after DVC. At least it doesn't say ND, but it doesn't say Y which it should.
Yours is the first report of that issue I’ve seen. If I were going to WDW in the next month or two, I would probably call DVC, but if it were going to be longer I’d probably wait to see if it fixed itself.

Exactly what mine said… tried deleting and re-saving with no change.

Then I tried as someone here suggested and deleted my phone from MDE. When I reentered it and saved to my wallet, I got the DVC Y, ANNUAL.

I’ll be at WDW next month and need to activate my DVC pass so I was concerned. This worked for me so maybe give it a shot.

Then I tried as someone here suggested and deleted my phone from MDE. When I reentered it and saved to my wallet, I got the DVC Y, ANNUAL.

I’ll be at WDW next month and need to activate my DVC pass so I was concerned. This worked for me so maybe give it a shot.
Worked for me as well. Removed my pass from my wallet, removed my phone number from profile. Added the number back to profile and added pass back to wallet. Worked after that.

Worked for me as well. Removed my pass from my wallet, removed my phone number from profile. Added the number back to profile and added pass back to wallet. Worked after that.
Did you purchase all of your DVC points directly from Disney?

People with either all resale points or a mix of direct & resale points have tried this and continue to have it wrong in their wallets.

Did you purchase all of your DVC points directly from Disney?

People with either all resale points or a mix of direct & resale points have tried this and continue to have it wrong in their wallets.
Mine were all direct.

Quick update: I played around with placing a few dummy orders at different QS locations at DL and even though my DVC affiliation isn't showing in the DL app it did give me the 10% DVC discount on the food items I had selected at places that offer the DVC discount. Mint Julep Bar isn't listed as giving a discount and it didn't give one to me but Hungry Bear did as did Docking Bay. I still need to check some DCA locations but I think I'm good to go without having to call MS.

Quick update: I played around with placing a few dummy orders at different QS locations at DL and even though my DVC affiliation isn't showing in the DL app it did give me the 10% DVC discount on the food items I had selected at places that offer the DVC discount. Mint Julep Bar isn't listed as giving a discount and it didn't give one to me but Hungry Bear did as did Docking Bay. I still need to check some DCA locations but I think I'm good to go without having to call MS.
Yeah, that's part of the guessing game. The walk-up window at Hungry Bear should be no different than the walk-up window at the Mint Julep Bar, but there it is. Based on disneyland.disney.go.com, both locations are classified as a "Quick Service Restaurant", yet the discounts don't apply equally.

Also, if you mobile order a mint julep from the Mint Julep Bar, no discount. If you mobile order the exact same mint julep (made by the same cast members) inside the French market (the Mint Julep Bar is a walk-up window on the French Market patio), then you get a discount. To add to the crazy, no discount on a coffee from the Mint Julep bar, but go to Starbucks on main Street (Market House) and they'll gladly give you that sweet, sweet 10% off.

I sent this email to my DVC guide at the conclusion of my most recent trip:

“Hey Tony:

Thanks ever so much for reaching out. I appreciate your help as always.

I have really enjoyed my DVC points and my trips to Orlando. I wanted you to know, it was my intention to add points this last trip; however, I was incredibly frustrated by DVC’s move away from physical membership cards. On more than one occasion during my stay, the use of this new “digital” card seemed awkward and forced; indeed, I even had to use my expired physical card at guest services to provide membership information needed by them to renew my annual pass, but absent from this new method of proving my membership.

Truly this change is a solution in search of a problem. The cost of a membership card was minimal in comparison to the man hours wasted by cast members and guests trying to implement this debacle. I pay dues; they have not decreased, nor do I anticipate they will, but the savings from eliminating a physical card are a drop in the bucket compared to the bad will this decision has engendered within our community. A DVC membership did not, and should not, require a smart phone too.

There is only one action I can take to make my EXTREME displeasure known. Maybe it won’t do a thing, but I can at least try. I feel I have been a good and regular DVC customer. I have bought all my points direct. Maybe that needs to change, since I’m not even worth a 50 cent (and I’m being very generous) plastic card. So, I will not buy one more DVC point directly from Disney until the physical cards are reinstated. Send me my card, I will send Disney my DVC purchase money. Otherwise, I will live with what I have, for which I am truly grateful. Or, maybe I will finally purchase points on the resale market. By doing so, I can follow Disney’s lead and save some money for the new phones and data plans I will need to prove who I am.

My great heartache in this decision is in my relationship with you. You are a great salesman and a wonderful person. Please in no way look at this email as a slight to you or the other cast members that have helped me and my family along the way. This decision is a culmination of the dozens of cuts Disney has implemented over the past two years (Magical Express, photopass on annual passes, fast pass, combining reservations for advanced dining) that guests have endured to enrich a bottom line. Disney has finally reached my breaking point with a little plastic card.

I hope you will share this email with DVC management as you deem appropriate. My best to you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.”

…In his response, he told me he forwarded my thoughts to DVC management. I am not optimistic, but we will see.

Thank you for the report, but sadly I tried this and no change - it still says DVC ND. I'm not looking forward to activating our APs when we arrive on property.

Something really easy Disney could do it put a disclaimer on the site regarding the known issue with the mobile card discount identifier. It would potentially reduce calls to DVC and provide a way for owners to show cast members proof of a known glitch. Instead they just keep sending out reminders to download your digital card as if all is well. But I guess Disney has never been good at publicly admitting mistakes...

I might be wrong, but the ND or Y Magic mobile issue just affects grandfathered in resale DVC buyers, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter