Digital Membership Cards?

I keep trying to add this to my wallet but have not been able to find the option to create my pass. I have removed my phone number, added it back and verified it. I’ve deleted the app and downloaded it again. Anyone have any ideas? Do you have to have valid park tickets to add this? I went to Disney in May and had a pass then but I deleted it after I got back.
This is what I see:

Yoy have to do it in the app. Go to Magic Mobile and set it up that way.

Thank you, that is what I’ve done. The picture I posted is the screen I get when I click on Disney MagicMobile.
There is no “click here to create your pass” option on my screen.

Did you scroll down to the bottom of that screen? The add button (at least on android) was at the bottom.

Just returned and it was inconsistent. Some wanted a screenshot, some asked if I had it in my digital wallet and some had no idea what I was even showing them when opening the digital wallet in magic mobile.

After a few days it was just easier to pull out the physical AP card for food and merchandise.

Just returned and it was inconsistent. Some wanted a screenshot, some asked if I had it in my digital wallet and some had no idea what I was even showing them when opening the digital wallet in magic mobile.

After a few days it was just easier to pull out the physical AP card for food and merchandise.
Yeah, Disney massively flubbed this rollout, and there’s no excuse for it.

Disney set the system requirements, Disney set the end date, and Disney developed this change.

Then, the system was supposed to go live January 1, but it was days after that date before we received instructions how to use it. What, were there no DVC members at WDW in early January?

Many members are still having problems. Has anyone received a notification about it without first calling Member Services?

Disney cannot even properly train all of its own Cast Members.

Just makes them look incompetent, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Hmmm. That is weird. Might need to contract MDE IT team.
Did you scroll down to the bottom of that screen? The add button (at least on android) was at the bottom.
Thank you both.
Yes, I scrolled down to the bottom, there is nothing there.
I submitted an email to DVC. I’ll see if they can help.
I think my problem might be that I am using a different login email for DVC vs. MDE.
My MDE doesn’t recognize that I am a DVC member but does seem to know I’m a Visa card holder and a Castaway Club member. Both of those sites I believe I am using the same email as MDE. The only one that is different is DVC.

My MDE doesn’t recognize that I am a DVC member but does seem to know I’m a Visa card holder and a Castaway Club member. Both of those sites I believe I am using the same email as MDE. The only one that is different is DVC.
Log on to the MDE website and then go to Memberships & Passes under your profile. Click the link to "Add Another DVC Membership". You will then enter your DVC website log in information.

Yeah, Disney massively flubbed this rollout, and there’s no excuse for it.

Disney set the system requirements, Disney set the end date, and Disney developed this change.

Then, the system was supposed to go live January 1, but it was days after that date before we received instructions how to use it. What, were there no DVC members at WDW in early January?

Many members are still having problems. Has anyone received a notification about it without first calling Member Services?

Disney cannot even properly train all of its own Cast Members.

Just makes them look incompetent, and they have no one to blame but themselves.
I’m no programmer but I recognize GIGO (garbage in garbage out) when I see it.
When Disney/DVC developed this digital card they needed to sort their membership into blue card, limited blue card, & white card. The sorting was going to be complicated because DVC has made it complicated through the years as they have changed the rules about who is and who isn’t eligible for member extras.
These are my off the cuff categories - 3 broad groups of contracts - all direct points, all resale points, mixed direct & resale points. Multiply that by when the points in each contract were purchased - points purchased direct or resale before X date blue card. Contracts with a certain number of direct points - and that number has ranged from 25 to today’s 150 depending on when purchased - blue card.
Resale points purchased after X date but before Y date limited blue card (cannot do ABC or cruises but qualify for everything else.)
Resale points post Y date & direct points below a certain number depending on when purchased white card.
To correctly sort the membership was going to be a huge task, so instead it appears they opted for a quick but inaccurate solution - rather than sorting into several groups they opted for a binary yes/no - if you had direct points irrespective of how many or when you purchased you received the magic Y. If you only had resale points irrespective of when purchased you received the ND. Quick, uncomplicated, cheap cost upfront, garbage in, but you almost meet your deadline & move on. I wonder if the predictable chaos & fixing the resultant mess - the garbage out became some other department’s headache.
Perhaps I missed it, but so far I have not seen a single case where a grandfathered resale blue card has successfully changed the ND to Y. I have seen a couple of cases where tech managed to temporarily change ND to Y, but when reloaded it reverted to ND.

When Disney/DVC developed this digital card they needed to sort their membership into blue card, limited blue card, & white card. The sorting was going to be complicated because DVC has made it complicated through the years as they have changed the rules about who is and who isn’t eligible for member extras.
These are my off the cuff categories - 3 broad groups of contracts - all direct points, all resale points, mixed direct & resale points. Multiply that by when the points in each contract were purchased - points purchased direct or resale before X date blue card. Contracts with a certain number of direct points - and that number has ranged from 25 to today’s 150 depending on when purchased - blue card.
Resale points purchased after X date but before Y date limited blue card (cannot do ABC or cruises but qualify for everything else.)
Resale points post Y date & direct points below a certain number depending on when purchased white card.
To correctly sort the membership was going to be a huge task, so instead it appears they opted for a quick but inaccurate solution - rather than sorting into several groups they opted for a binary yes/no - if you had direct points irrespective of how many or when you purchased you received the magic Y. If you only had resale points irrespective of when purchased you received the ND. Quick, uncomplicated, cheap cost upfront, garbage in, but you almost meet your deadline & move on. I wonder if the predictable chaos & fixing the resultant mess - the garbage out became some other department’s headache.
Perhaps I missed it, but so far I have not seen a single case where a grandfathered resale blue card has successfully changed the ND to Y. I have seen a couple of cases where tech managed to temporarily change ND to Y, but when reloaded it reverted to ND.
A sort algorithm was not needed for this. Disney needed to implement a relatively simple ‘if’ statement and then run a ‘for’ loop on all members (taking into account some members have varying contracts) in their database. This is a few days of programming and testing, at most.

Then run this algorithm every few weeks to take into account members buying or selling contracts.

Last edited:

Once they started creating these categories of members they needed to establish a category type for members. By the time of these cards it should have been in use since 2011 and a quick query. It would be updated if necessary when contracts were loaded or sold. Since they already had online booking for events that had a basis on these membership categories something has to already be in place.

Another thing that may be confusing their records is those of us who bought resale prior to 2011 were 100% Members, with all the same perks and respect as direct buyers. We were even assigned Guides to assist us and answer questions (and send us sales materials on the new properties). Both my blue cards also list my membership year as the year my points were sold to the original owners.
My biggest issue right now is I am going to stay at the Grand Californian (I own points there) in mid-February and I am told the Disneyland app won't have the DVC information, only the MDE app. I am waiting to print the Temporary cards until they fully cover the dates of my stay.
This is almost as much fun as clearing medical tests with Medicare!

Chat won’t help me with this but has helped others. This is so annoying.

Can other people confirm that if your contracts have 2 purchasers, you can both have 2 separate DVC log ins? IE Dave And John bought DVC.

Dave logs in with Dave@gmail.com and John logs in with John@gmail.com and therefore both havetheir cards tied to their own MDE?

Physical cards were so much easier, at least I would get mailed one.

Last edited:
My wife never had her own DVC account.* We had blue cards for both of us. She prefers, like many of our spouses seem to prefer, to limit her online memberships and avoid emails, etc. When this happened, though, she realized she had to make a choice: either never get a store or food discount when I'm not present, or set it up. She chose to get the account. She contacted Member Services/IT help, got her activation code, created the account, and linked her MDE to DVC, and voila. People have to make their choices and live with it.

FWIW, and I think this is big: one additional benefit to both spouses having their own DVC accounts is to make things easier if the active planner gets incapacitated. Doesn't matter if it's short term, long term, accident, illness or death. Anything. ANYTHING you can do now to simplify all the extra burdens that sit on top of the loss and worry and grief are worth doing NOW. If I go before her, the last thing she needs is figuring out how to contact member services and get an activation code for a DVC online account so she can bank points, make, modify or cancel a booking, or whatever. What I'm saying is: everyone should do this. Every member should have their own account for reasons that have nothing to do with an ID that gets a 10% discount on a stuffed animal or mickey bar. I realize the phone wallet is an entire additional thing that some don't want, and fine, I respect people's preferences. But not having the DVC online account is not good. I'm very glad my wife has hers now.

* She also did not get her own MDE account until a few years after I did. But there came a point when that was creating obstacles and people have to adjust.

Last edited:
Chat won’t help me with this but has helped others. This is so annoying.

Can other people confirm that if your contracts have 2 purchasers, you can both have 2 separate DVC log ins? IE Dave And John bought DVC.

Dave logs in with Dave@gmail.com and John logs in with John@gmail.com and therefore both havetheir cards tied to their own MDE?

Physical cards were so much easier, at least I would get mailed one.

Every owner on the contract can have their own DVC log in account.

I can open the magic mobile and see my annual pass, but there isn't even an option to add a DVC card.

I can open the magic mobile and see my annual pass, but there isn't even an option to add a DVC card.
Hit the 3 tops at the top right when you are looking at the card. That will take you to an info screen that will show your affiliations (this is what matters). Design of the card is selected from inside the MDE app and doesn't affect affiliations shown.

thanks, it kept the original Millennium Falcon design but added DVC as an affiliation, thought that was just a designation for the annual pass at first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter