Digital Member card for spouse

Since no one mentioned this possibility, just because he is your husband doesn't mean he is a member. You have to actually be on the deed and own the timeshare.

If your timeshare is in the name of a trust/LLC/etc this can be even more complicated.
In our case, yes, we are both on the deeds and have been since the day we purchased in '94.

We have one DVC account and one MDE account in my name even though my husband & I both own our DVC contract. We purchased in '94.....there has been absolutely no reason for him to have his own account until this nonsense started. We don't have the activation code and I'm sure not sitting on hold to get one. We live 20 minutes from WDW but have only been to WDW once in the last couple years. Everything has gotten too complicated and not fun.
No reason for my DH to have his own account. He shows up on mine with tickets linked but no DVC affiliation on it. He doesn’t want an account. So we will just use my digital cards for the discounts.

How is this done for our castaway account? I already have my DVC affiliation in my Google Pay digital card.
I think all you need to do is log in to your Castaway account once using the same email you use for MDX. Then when you go to "My Profile" in the My Disney Experience app, you should see your Castaway Club number. It does not show up in Google Pay.

Since no one mentioned this possibility, just because he is your husband doesn't mean he is a member. You have to actually be on the deed and own the timeshare.

If your timeshare is in the name of a trust/LLC/etc this can be even more complicated.

Yes we are both on all the deeds

My wife and I have been owners since 1995, both names on deed. My wife has never had a DVC logon Id, as I have always made the reservations. We ran into the same problem when adding a virtual membership card to her MDE account. We had to call member services to get the activation code that allowed her to establish a DVC account. Once that account was established, she attempted to get the membership card, while a card could be added, it did not include the DVC affiliation. We called MDE support who was unable to resolve the problem after texting for hours. MDE support suggested I ask the front desk for help when we are there next week. I agree Disney IT, is an embarrassment.

After reading this thread re: spouse has to have their own membership in order to get their DVC card, my husband and I have had enough with Disney. We have owned at Bay Lake Towers since 2008. We were already around 80% of renting our yearly points or selling after all of the recent changes from Disney. I'm having enough trouble figuring out these changes for our upcoming May 7 day trip.

Now with this latest news about my husband having to get his own account for the DVC card, we are 100% positive this will be our last trip to Disney! We will compare the pro/con of selling or renting our points.

Disney - I know you want to keep those in better financial shape, we easily meet and spend money, but you have pushed us away due to these new rules.

We say goodbye Disney - you've blown it.

My health insurance carrier, Kaiser, want's me to use their app for everything. Guess I'll be cancelling that. My car insurance company, Geico wants the same thing. They won't be getting my business anymore. My employer uses ADP for payroll (like about 75% of the country), and they are putting all my pay stubs and W2's on their site exclusively electronically as well. Time to quit my job.

The same with my health club (LA Fitness), all of my travel partners (airlines, hotels, rental car companies), and just about every other loyalty program. Guess it's time to find a cave in the woods. I'll show them.

Last edited:
My health insurance carrier, Kaiser, want's me to use their app for everything. Guess I'll be cancelling that. My car insurance company, Geico wants the same thing. They won't be getting my business anymore. My employer uses ADP for payroll (like about 75% of the country), and they are putting all my pay stubs and W2's on their site exclusively electronically as well. Time to quit my job.

The same with my health club (LA Fitness), all of my travel partners (airlines, hotels, rental car companies), and just about every other loyalty program. Guess it's time to find a cave in the woods. I'll show them.
The difference is.....those apps work.

The difference is.....those apps work.
Absolutely true, and I am no fan of Disney IT on any level. Rolling this out in their usual incompetent manner comes as zero surprise. I’m just amazed by the petulance exhibited by some people who send the very clear message (or state flat-out) that they won’t change even if the rollout was flawless. Particularly the ones who start with “I’ve been a member since (fill in a year) as if there’s a hierarchy of entitlement.

I’m old enough to have flown not just before the TSA, but before you needed to show ANYONE any ID for domestic air travel. How well would “I’m not going through security, I’ve been flying since 1976 so they’re just going to have to let me on the plane” work?

What about those (few) of us that don't have a phone? What are we supposed to do?

Well, the FAQs, say to use a smartphone of someone who also has access to the account…yeah, I know…silly answer.

But, at this points, it appears that there will be no ther option for people as to receive discounts, you will be required to use Magic Mobile as that is where the affliations will be.

Last edited:
Absolutely true, and I am no fan of Disney IT on any level. Rolling this out in their usual incompetent manner comes as zero surprise. I’m just amazed by the petulance exhibited by some people who send the very clear message (or state flat-out) that they won’t change even if the rollout was flawless. Particularly the ones who start with “I’ve been a member since (fill in a year) as if there’s a hierarchy of entitlement.

I’m old enough to have flown not just before the TSA, but before you needed to show ANYONE any ID for domestic air travel. How well would “I’m not going through security, I’ve been flying since 1976 so they’re just going to have to let me on the plane” work?

Yep, things change, we either adapt or get left out.

Can I walk up to member services in any of the parks and get an activation code? Everything is in my husbands name (who won't be with me) but I am on the deed and have my blue card. I created a MDE for me but can't add DVC without a dumb activation code. Did they even send us individual activation codes when we purchased 13 years ago???

Can I walk up to member services in any of the parks and get an activation code? Everything is in my husbands name (who won't be with me) but I am on the deed and have my blue card. I created a MDE for me but can't add DVC without a dumb activation code. Did they even send us individual activation codes when we purchased 13 years ago???

There is no MS at the parks. Some have mentioned those working at the lounge may have some ability.

I think the only people who have the access is calling or chatting with Ms.

I’m glad I read this before a Disney vacation that includes my husband and I going together. For about 15 years usually my husband doesn’t come because he has no interest, but occasionally he will. The only thing he would do without me is golf so I guess he will need a card for any golf discounts but I know he will not want an app on his phone, so this will be one more thing about Disney that aggravates him.

It’s interesting, I knew something was coming eventually because for quite awhile now all correspondence from Disney only comes in my name. We are on the deed together and when we first bought correspondence was addressed to both of us. I knew to have my name listed first on the deed because one of my jobs in our marriage is to manage all paperwork for our family and I knew from experience with other businesses having my name first made things easier for me.
Disney should get on board with having an members be able to delegate an account manager that can generate a digital member card for them, but that would a mess I’m sure.

The only thing he would do without me is golf so I guess he will need a card for any golf discounts but I know he will not want an app on his phone, so this will be one more thing about Disney that aggravates him.
He can't tolerate an app on his phone but he was okay with a card in his wallet?

Honestly, some of the husbands described in this thread seem to be exhibiting what I would consider childish behavior. They can't be bothered to participate in family vacations because they don't like Disney... But damnit they better get that 10% discount at Wetzel's Pretzels... but they can't take 30 seconds to install an app on their phone.

He can't tolerate an app on his phone but he was okay with a card in his wallet?

Honestly, some of the husbands described in this thread seem to be exhibiting what I would consider childish behavior. They can't be bothered to participate in family vacations because they don't like Disney... But damnit they better get that 10% discount at Wetzel's Pretzels... but they can't take 30 seconds to install an app on their phone.
Why are you making it so personal :confused3 People are different and are surely allowed to express their dissatisfaction without being mocked. My DH hates Disney, goes because it makes me happy, takes the Golf discount and uses the card I spent months trying to get Disney to send him. Honestly, the discount isn't worth the aggro, but people are allowed to feel frustrated.

Why are you making it so personal :confused3 People are different and are surely allowed to express their dissatisfaction without being mocked. My DH hates Disney, goes because it makes me happy, takes the Golf discount and uses the card I spent months trying to get Disney to send him. Honestly, the discount isn't worth the aggro, but people are allowed to feel frustrated.
3 minutes. It takes 3 minutes to set up Google Pay / Apple Pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter