DHS 2011 Swap ~COMPLETE!! Photos #343

Reddy, I will "stretch" a mini kit into a 2 page spread too. Like Cheryl I will try and use coordinating papers to mat extra photos. I will post an example. Right now I am baking 100 cupcakes, then off to take pics of kiddos for homecoming.

Cassey

We can always remove photo mats and go for a j. box, title and two elements...
I do like Cheryl and Cassey... I can stretch my mini-kits into two page spreads without issue....

It's up to the majority... all I can say is I do not want this swap to get to big as this finishes up just before the holidays.

We can always remove photo mats and go for a j. box, title and two elements...
I do like Cheryl and Cassey... I can stretch my mini-kits into two page spreads without issue....

It's up to the majority...

ETA: I prefer the traditional mini-kits we do.

My vote would be to stick to the mini-kits...I know I can get them done. I don't think I could get larger kits done. BUT whichever the majority wants is good!

I am fine with whatever the majority wants. I personally am fine with leaving photo mats out altogether because I too have a hard time matching paper and always seem to have too many pictures. I would be happy with just a title and two elements for mini kits to be honest. Then everyone can make their own photo mats and JB to match a title/elements usually. Whatever everyone decides is fine with me though:goodvibes

I am in!!! I will still be on baby leave so i have time. I need a few groups!!! I might need a sign up buddy cause we have a bunch of drs appts that day. Cant wait to get started.

You know...I may have to sign up for this swap. One of the very first swaps I did, was an MGM swap, and then I think I was in a 2nd one but not a lot of groups. So most of the stuff I have is from the pre-Cricut days, and I think we would all agree that our scrapping is much improved from those times. Now I just have to remember to get up early enough to sign up! I think I will go check my Studios folder and see what I really need.

I like the mini-kits. Now that I'm using my stuff, I find I can't have too many box type elements. But I change mats to journals and journals to mats all the time. And I find myself using part of a mini kit and then saving the rest for something else. So I can get multiple trip's worth of pictures out of one mini-kit.

Oh, looking over the groups. Group E: Sunset Blvd... I notice there is a spot for General DHS. Is there a particular reason the Beauty & the Beast show wasn't used?

You know...I may have to sign up for this swap. One of the very first swaps I did, was an MGM swap, and then I think I was in a 2nd one but not a lot of groups. So most of the stuff I have is from the pre-Cricut days, and I think we would all agree that our scrapping is much improved from those times. Now I just have to remember to get up early enough to sign up! I think I will go check my Studios folder and see what I really need.

I like the mini-kits. Now that I'm using my stuff, I find I can't have too many box type elements. But I change mats to journals and journals to mats all the time. And I find myself using part of a mini kit and then saving the rest for something else. So I can get multiple trip's worth of pictures out of one mini-kit.

Oh, looking over the groups. Group E: Sunset Blvd... I notice there is a spot for General DHS. Is there a particular reason the Beauty & the Beast show wasn't used?

NO reason Hope... mainly because last year was the first time I ever visited that park with my family because we had shorter trips and I missed it on the map when I was putting things together.. It will be added now.. Thank you so much for suggesting it. I really appreciate it.

After much deliberation last night and a restless night at that...

I have decided that the mini kits will be as follows: title and 2 elements.. In the two elements you are more than welcome to make one of your element choices a photo mat and j. box and then your additional element of choice.

If you want a mega kit in the future please feel free to ask the hostess in 2012 for that. I am limited on my time to return these as I want to get these back out before Christmas so you all will have something to do during the holidays when trying to take a break from all the festivities.

I am sorry if this upsets anyone.

Here are some examples of how I stretched mini kits to make 2 pages. These are all from the Epcot elements swap this year. The requirements were title, mat, jb and element.

IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4052.jpg

It was really easy to find papers to coordinate with the colors from the swap pieces. Hope this will help.

Cassey

I have decided that the mini kits will be as follows: title and 2 elements.. In the two elements you are more than welcome to make one of your element choices a photo mat and j. box and then your additional element of choice.

That seems like a great compromise Nan :)

Sounds great!! I hope this is not what caused your restless night of sleep.

I am in!!! I will still be on baby leave so i have time. I need a few groups!!! I might need a sign up buddy cause we have a bunch of drs appts that day. Cant wait to get started.

Rachal I can definately buddy for you :) Just send me your wish list.

Thanks Cheryl for catching that.. Sorry Rachal I missed that post... must have been during a dazed and confused moment or a "who is in trouble now" moment!

I will start a brand new sign up thread on 10/3 @ 9AM.

Please note: I will only do a maximum of 2 groups per catergory (ie. Group A & Group A2)

I will start a brand new sign up thread on 10/3 @ 9AM.

Please note: I will only do a maximum of 2 groups per catergory (ie. Group A & Group A2)

I may not be able to get on the computer until Wed night - could you add me where you need me on the mini-kits (aim for spots that doesn't need a cricut cart) - I'll be happy with any, I have to start on ablums for our 2013 trip (skipping next year:sad1:)

Due to my computer issue at work, would someone be willing to be my sign-up buddy?

Cassey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter