DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

For those who have been on the ride, what row is the best? When JN was around I found riding in the first row of rockets better because it was a smaller screen then.

Both times I've been on it, I've been in the car furthest to the left as you look at the stage, once in the back row and once the second-to-last row. The viewing from both places was great, except when I wasn't in the front row of the car, the woman in front of me had a big cowboy hat on that obscured my view. They do make you put any children in the middle two seats, so at least that didn't happen to my kids (kids were in front of them).

It's a great ride, I thought, much better than Jimmy Neutron in my opinion.

By the way, late Monday night and early this morning, there were no real minions to dance with, but Tuesday afternoon, there were. Maybe it depends on the parade schedule.

After 5-1/2 rides on Minion Mayhem...we still can't decide which seat is better. :confused:
Front row is kinda hard on my neck, so we went with wherever they put us.
The staff has been absolutely spectacular with my son-exceeding anything we've ever experienced.
I stopped by Guest Services to let them know of two workers particularly that stood out-Brittany and Desiree-but there were others too. Also, after watching the parade 5 consecutive days, (4 from the same EXACT spot), the parade participants were getting to "know" my son too. (thanks Gru!).

Gonna be checking out of RPR in the morning, probably go back to the park till lunch-thirty, then head to DTD. Chef Mickey tomorrow night!
Gawd I'm tired.

Sorry, didn't mean for this to turn into a mini trip report . :goodvibes

buckee, i have enjoyed all of your postings.
wish you were staying longer to read more of them.

buckee, i have enjoyed all of your postings.
wish you were staying longer to read more of them.

Ahhhh...thanks. Wish I had more time, money, energy...
I really wish I had time to share some of the pics...if more folks could see how much a place like Universal, ( or Disney), can do for a kid like our son, I think more of us could handle the day-2-day grind.
Now that we have the APs, I hope to "sneak" over more often, without spending the kids inheritance. ( hahahaha).
He said he does want to do Disney Quest tomorrow afternoon, so that'll probably happen, and then on over to The Contemporay for dinner with the mouse and friends!
I'd better get the cameras, phones, IPad...charging...hope RPR doesn't hit me with a Kilowatt charge!

No...the parade ends about 5:30-ish...and the masses head to the more popular rides.
Opening is less crowded...but only for a few.minutes. 300 Brazilian kids blow up the wait time to 60+ minutes immediately.

Is the ride less crowded around 6 PM or so?

I haven't been back to the parks since it opened, but in general I'd say just due to general crowd patterns that mid-day would likely have the shortest waits. (though as a new popular ride, that could still mean a 60min wait vs. a 90min wait).

Since it, and Shrek, are the first two rides you see when entering the park, They are likely to have massive crowds first thing in the morning. (Just like Spaceship Earth at EPCOT). Then later in the evening when people start leaving the parks, They'll once again pass the ride, so you can expect more people to hop into line for that "one last ride" or to hit it since they skipped it in the morning with the huge lines.

We just left US...(needed a little more Minion training...and a kiss from BB)...
"Regular" line wait time was 100 minutes at 1:45!
...Tough to leave, but a dinner with MM &friends should ease the pain a bit.
Even with the EPs, we spent several hours in D-Me queue, but did ride it 6-1/2 times!
That's a LOT of Minion Training!

We just left US...(needed a little more Minion training...and a kiss from BB)...
"Regular" line wait time was 100 minutes at 1:45!
...Tough to leave, but a dinner with MM &friends should ease the pain a bit.
Even with the EPs, we spent several hours in D-Me queue, but did ride it 6-1/2 times!
That's a LOT of Minion Training!

6-1/2 times. Wow that is a lot of training. Guessing you liked it.....

6-1/2 times. Wow that is a lot of training. Guessing you liked it.....

Absolutely! At least the first 3-1/2 times!
It really is pretty cool, just a long wait sometimes.
Just checked into ASMovies-really cool themed-and my son asked if we might be able to ride D-Me "one more time" before we leave Orlando. I've learned one thing, well...at least one thing from him-DON'T MAKE PROMISES...EVER...(but I think I might be able to make the timing work. PLUS we never got a chance to try the new mini-golf at City Walk.)

Not the Brazilian Tour Groups!!!!! :eek: Minion time should be around the first week of August for me.

Glad it's not just me who gets 'frustrated' by the Brazilian tour groups. If anything they're more annoying at the Disney parks where their organisers have a great knack of maxing out the fast pass distribution machines - last year they had four out of five machines to their 'exclusive' use until I complained to one of the senior Disney guys.

As far as Despicable Me, we'd never seen the movie but wil certainly do so having done the ride. Great fun even if it's just an 'upgrade' over Jimmy Neutron/Hanna B. very very nice 3D

We saw something interesting today at DM. After we got off the ride at the dance party, their were some young foreign kids that started to dance with the minion. After a few seconds they started to kick and hit the minion. Well the employees that watch over quickly grabbed the minion and ushered him out a door. One employee keep dancing, while the manager watching just had discuss face on, we could not believe what happened. The kids and parents just left like nothing was wrong, so sad.:sad2:

We saw something interesting today at DM. After we got off the ride at the dance party, their were some young foreign kids that started to dance with the minion. After a few seconds they started to kick and hit the minion. Well the employees that watch over quickly grabbed the minion and ushered him out a door. One employee keep dancing, while the manager watching just had discuss face on, we could not believe what happened. The kids and parents just left like nothing was wrong, so sad.:sad2:

that's just pathetic.

awful of those kids and the parents did nothing?????

they should have been kicked out of the park.

no employee should be hit/kicked.

that's just pathetic.

awful of those kids and the parents did nothing?????

they should have been kicked out of the park.

no employee should be hit/kicked.

My DW pointed it out to me and when I turned around they were rushing the minion out the back door. This is the door it normally goes into after the dance party when Gru tells them back to work. But this time he was out only a matter of a minute. Just crazy, but I have to say this trip has been the worst with rude non english speaking tourists and not just the Brazilian tour groups. :sad2:

:scared1: WOW. I feel bad for the costumed minion. And here we thought the characters were bad...

The worst are the people who don't speak English. Especially the Mexicans for some reason. I got stuck on Shrek for 10 minutes because these Mexicans were at the end of the row where we had to get out but they didn't understand we were suppose to leave and wouldn't let us out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter