Dena's **All My Reasons Why**Journal (Please Join Me!)

Reason #27
27. Keeping up with walking makes me feel better about myself even though I'm eating like a cow.

I'm really struggling with healthy eating. The first couple months of my pregnancy I viewed it as a junk food free for all. But now that I'm starting to really pack on the pounds I'm wanting to eat better. But goodness, it's tough. I don't even know where to start. I'm hungry ALL DAY LONG. Yesterday I tried to grab fruit every time I needed a snack and about fruited myself to death. Ugh! Then today was right back to the unhealthy stuff. And it was a VERY unhealthy day. YUCK! I'm ashamed to even think of all the crap I put in my body. I remember how hard it was to lose the weight before getting pregnant and it's killing me that I'm mindlessly packing unnecessary pounds back on.

But on a bright note, I'm proud of my January exercise report. I finished the month with 15 days of walking for a total of 17.3 miles! I hope I can beat it next month. It really makes me feel better about myself and keeps me in a better mood.

Happy February Everyone!

Hey Dena

I give you a LOT of credit. I never even once exercised during my pregnancies. And I definitely paid for it big time after each one. Don't be too hard on yourself. Yes - you might be eating more...but if you're hungry, then you should (in my opinion). Maybe find a balance between bad & good snacks. I certainly couldn't have dealt with only fruit as my snacks when I was prego!! hahaha. Maybe strive for 2 servings of fruit or veggies as snacks and then eat some of the other snacks too to balance out your day! :goodvibes

Are we having a boy or a girl?!?!

Can you believe we actually told her NOT to tell us the sex at our appointment today??? :eek: Wow, that was hard. So now someone in the world knows what we're having and we don't. Kind of exciting mixed with a little bit of torture!

But we are so THANKFUL everything looks great. Baby is 18 weeks 2 days and weighs 1/2 pound. I have gained 30lbs already! :rolleyes1 Adam was most excited to see that baby has 4 heart chambers. (I guess it's a pediatric nurse worry kinda thing.) I was just really happy to see that I was indeed pregnant! Baby was really active and wouldn't stay still long enough for her to get a long recording of the heartbeat. We certainly have a little wiggle worm! :bounce: I'm so excited!!!

Kayla loved seeing the ultrasound and understood that baby was in mommy's tummy. She loved showing off the pictures we got. She is at the perfect age to get a little brother/sister. She is so interested in wanting to help. She is always thinking and talking about the baby. :cutie: Oh, and I have to brag on her a little bit. Tonight I made eggs and she cracked an egg all by herself without getting any shells in the bowl! What a big girl!!! :love:

Please keep baby in your prayers as s/he continues to grow!

Here's our little miracle!!!
378073350_50062a87f9_m.jpg

Damn you woman...you're always making me cry! :sad1: I am so glad to be able to hear all about this from you. I am so EXCITED for you and your family. We have made the decision to not have any more kids...and I'm completely 100% sure that it's the right decision.....but it still makes me emotional when I "know" someone going through the process.

And how could you NOT find out the sex??? OMG....what's that person's number? I gotta call.....:scared:

I just started reading your journal and it is so exciting. I think your plan sounds great. What I think is funny is I started off by reading your very first post on 2-22-06 and one of the things you said that struck me was, you were trying to fill out God's will for your life and here you are with another beautiful baby on the way. :thumbsup2

I can relate to that because I have spent YEARS trying to figure out God's will for my life.

Kudos on the exercising while you are pregnant.:banana:

Exercising was not in my vocabulary when I was pregnant and I gained 60 lbs with the first one!!:scared1:

Keep up the good work!!

Angie

P.S. I'm on myspace too!!!

You, Dena, are a tease. You drop the bomb of that ultrasound...and then you leave us hangin!!!! :scared:

COME BACK!!!!

I'm here! I'm just tired. Wednesdays I teach a class of 2-5 year olds at church and they completely exhaust me, especially with the pregnancy! The little climbers and not wanting to share squabbles. Whew! Good thing I love them. Nothing to report really. I'm doing well with consistantly walking. Check out my milage! I'm excited! :dance3:

talk to you guys later. i'm beat. :faint:

Hey Dena!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I hope you have a GREAT one!! :hug:

Hey Dena. I was reading some of the 07 marathon reports today & saw you had posted. I miss ya, girl! Hopefully everything is going well for you and your family...and you're just too busy getting ready for baby (and taking care of DD) to post. Yup, I'm sure that's it.

Take care!! :hug:

Hope everything is going well, Dena!

Take good care of yourself & your new little Blessing!

Just thinking of you, Dena. Hope all is well with you and your family. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter