Delete Thread

When we read the forecast was going to be 98 degrees the next 2 days of our trip we quickly became very boring people. And I couldn't help but make the joke that it was 98 degrees and rising constantly...
Hahaha these are the kinda jokes I make all the time.. and get the side eye from my husband :rotfl2:

We had changed our breakfast from Trail's End to a place a little closer to our temporary home...Boma!
Looks delicious! I've never had breakfast there, just dinner, but it was delicious then too!

There would be a lot more pictures, but 2 flamingos decided to do something very inappropriate in all the other photos...
Geez Louise don't they know this is a family establishment?!

After Boma we decided the best way to stay inside would be to go to the movies! It was kind of a spontaneous plan we came up with at breakfast. We hopped on a bus to DS, and bought our tickets en route because the movie was starting soon. I liked that we could pick our seats. We decided to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 because Josh hadn't seen it, and let's face it I'd have seen it 50 times in theaters if I could have.
I loooooved it too. I've always wanted to go to the movies down on City Walk when we're staying at Universal but hubby is never onboard.

After the movie Josh decided he had to go get some Nos.
:crazy2:

Sadly, this is the only trip we didn't end up having some safari time during. :sad:
Awe, bummer! Do it double next trip to make up for it!

We ended up in the front row! :cheer2:
Awesome!! I was curious how far in advance I should plan for us to arrive there with the dining package tickets on our trip.

Aren't non-working guns the standard on that right?! :laughing: At least that's been my experience... or the story I'm sticking to anyway ::yes::

I think they are! Later on I got one that wasn't working.

I would be making the same joke!

:thumbsup2

this is why I don't have any pictures of the manatees from April.....

:rotfl:

Hahaha these are the kinda jokes I make all the time.. and get the side eye from my husband :rotfl2:

But they're great jokes!

Looks delicious! I've never had breakfast there, just dinner, but it was delicious then too!

Yum I can't wait to try dinner.

Geez Louise don't they know this is a family establishment?!

:rotfl:

I loooooved it too. I've always wanted to go to the movies down on City Walk when we're staying at Universal but hubby is never onboard.

I've heard that theater isn't usually busy. We've never been there either.

I know so gross.

Awe, bummer! Do it double next trip to make up for it!

:thumbsup2

Awesome!! I was curious how far in advance I should plan for us to arrive there with the dining package tickets on our trip.

We got there about an hour before show time.

Glad to hear your liked Rivers of Light - I really liked it as well (though do get why some people are underwhelmed if they are comparing it to a firework show or something ... but I think it really fits AK well!)

Seems like you got a good bit done at MK even if the buss took longer than would be ideal

I think your Rapunzel lantern pictures came out great (but agree that the one where you are looking at the camera is not the best of the bunch)

So last we left off we had just got our front row seats to ROL, and had moved in a little too close for comfort with our fellow bench mates.

Disney! Why do you make us sit so close to strangers??

The verdict? We really LOVED the show!

I'm so glad you did! I wanted to love it, I really did...but I could not get over my seating issue and the pole and the lady's phone in front of me...*sigh* The deck was stacked against me.
But I LOVED the lotus flowers with the projections and the animal floats. I want one of my own!

Outside the bathroom I heard a parent scolding their child for drinking water :confused: and telling him he could only take one sip despite clearly being thirsty because they didn't want to have to deal with him having to go to the bathroom again. Um what? :confused3 I'm sure little kids go a lot, but I do too and I sure wouldn't want someone to restrict me from drinking water or using the bathroom especially in Florida. So there's some #TerribleParentingatDisney for you.

Sure, let's give our child a heat stroke in the line instead of having to leave it for a bathroom break. Makes perfect sense. If he passed out from dehydration, they could just drag him along like Weekend at Bernie's and worry about the health risk later. Ugh. Terrible parenting for sure! In my opinion, those are risks you take when bringing a little kid to WDW. Bathroom breaks are part of the gig, man!

I think it was totally worth it! I love the pictures!

vIWTv65l.jpg

I love these SO MUCH. This one is my favorite :lovestruc

On the way out we got to do something we've never done before, and walk through Cinderella's castle! It's never been open to walk through any time we've been there in the past.

I feel personally attacked when they close it to foot traffic :rotfl:The mosaics are one of my favorite things. I love how at Disneyland you get to go through the whole Sleeping Beauty castle and they have little scenes from the movie along the way. I wish they did something like that here, although I know they can't with the restaurant, the special guest room, and everything.

I also knew where the hallway branched off the lobby, but I started to second guess myself.

HAEMUUp.gif

I was feeling sympathetic and then I saw the gif and I laughed so hard!!!

As we were walking though I spotted the Tangled PP spot! We hadn't seen in before, and I knew we probably wouldn't have the time to wait in it again (it was probably the longest line there but it was also the shortest I thought we'd see it).

I LOVE your pictures!! Such a cool PP spot!

I couldn't think of anything new to do so I was trying to dance when we went by the camera, but I don't think it worked out so well!

LOL- that is the WORST! When you know the camera is coming, but have no idea what pose to do!

Beautiful pictures of ROL we really enjoyed it too.
I really liked the picture of you and Josh holding the lanterns and looking at one another :goodvibes
We've done EE, BTMRR and Splash in the dark so much fun. Can't wait to ride 7DMT in the dark :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
It's very easy to get lost at AKL been there done that :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

The verdict? We really LOVED the show! The music was amazing, I thought the show was really cool (maybe not as much as the people next to me who kept yelling "WOW!" every time something happened) but close. It's not my absolute favorite show at Disney, but it's definitely top 3 for me, and I would see it again. (Although I would prefer to see it again with a dining package).

I'm so glad to hear this review of ROL! I'm really excited to see it next month :) I've heard reviews about people finding it boring because of the lack of narrative, but I'm just really excited to see the visual effects. Your pictures look awesome!

I think it was totally worth it! I love the pictures! A lot of people look like they were told to raise theirs up in their pictures, but they just had me hold mine below eye level. Which was fine with me because I like how these look and I probably would've dropped it :rotfl: I think they all came out cute, but my least favorite is when they made us look at the camera because I think the rest look natural in a way (like we didn't notice the camera there), but that one it's obvious in.

Love your photopass pictures! I really want to try to do this next month. And I agree, the best ones are the ones where you aren't looking at the camera for sure.

I am no great navigator though which is something I can admit. I do know how to get around the parks though so I guess that's what really counts. (But hotels, parking lots/garages, anything where I have to find something forget it).

I also have the worst sense of direction! Except inside Disney parks!

I'm so glad to hear this review of ROL! I'm really excited to see it next month :) I've heard reviews about people finding it boring because of the lack of narrative, but I'm just really excited to see the visual effects. Your pictures look awesome!

Are you doing a dining package for it? I can't remember off the top of my head. It's a really beautiful show.

Love your photopass pictures! I really want to try to do this next month. And I agree, the best ones are the ones where you aren't looking at the camera for sure.

Thank you! I hope you get to do it. Emh seems to be a good time to try it.

I also have the worst sense of direction! Except inside Disney parks!

Same! Josh gets turned around in Fantasyland a lot, but not me :rotfl:

Are you doing a dining package for it? I can't remember off the top of my head. It's a really beautiful show.

We're not. I kind of wish we were, but it didn't really fit into our plans very well. And then they were mostly booked up anyway. We have FP two different nights though and we're planning to just go fairly early and see it whichever night works better.

We're not. I kind of wish we were, but it didn't really fit into our plans very well. And then they were mostly booked up anyway. We have FP two different nights though and we're planning to just go fairly early and see it whichever night works better.

The FP should work well too though.

Your story about getting lost in the hotel makes me laugh. My husbands family has no sense of direction either and his aunt got lost at a courtyard marritot at our wedding.

From what I have heard, AKL is waaaaaay more confusing than a courtyard Marriott.

Your story about getting lost in the hotel makes me laugh. My husbands family has no sense of direction either and his aunt got lost at a courtyard marritot at our wedding.

From what I have heard, AKL is waaaaaay more confusing than a courtyard Marriott.

It is! All the hallways look the same :rotfl:

It is! All the hallways look the same :rotfl:

So basically if we stay there, I should prepare myself for DH to get lost. I won't tell him that. He will never let me stay there.

Speaking of getting lost in hotels...Hard Rock at Universal Orlando, is hands down the worst!! My husband has a great sense of direction and we both got turned around multiple times over our 2 day stay. LOL!!

It was about an hour to the show's start when we first sat down, but sometimes it's nice to sit and catch up on your social media of choice or Disney news :rotfl: (The only time I don't have time to read or watch any Disney news is when I'm at Disney).

Haha so true, when I have a moment I have to catch up on all my updates, which also includes Disney. :)

The verdict? We really LOVED the show! The music was amazing, I thought the show was really cool (maybe not as much as the people next to me who kept yelling "WOW!" every time something happened) but close. It's not my absolute favorite show at Disney, but it's definitely top 3 for me, and I would see it again. (Although I would prefer to see it again with a dining package). We don't currently have plans to see it again on our next trip, but I would like to sometime next year. I was very pleased with the show because going into it I had heard mostly not so great reviews.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the show! It's a pretty show but I'd rather watch one of the other shows. I like how there are seats though, like Fantasmic.

I think it was totally worth it! I love the pictures! A lot of people look like they were told to raise theirs up in their pictures, but they just had me hold mine below eye level. Which was fine with me because I like how these look and I probably would've dropped it :rotfl: I think they all came out cute, but my least favorite is when they made us look at the camera because I think the rest look natural in a way (like we didn't notice the camera there), but that one it's obvious in.

I'm glad you got the hang of "resting lantern face"! I still need to work on mine. I too like the one where you are looking at the camera, it looks so cute and definitely more natural.

When we finished it was almost midnight and I wanted to get one last ride in, since EMH ended at midnight I wasn't sure if you had to get in line by midnight so we ran over to a 10 minute wait to get on 7DMT!

YAY! That's the best.

Also we got stuck at the top of the hill in the mine again, and as I sang along the lady behind us goes to her husband "See other people sing on the rides too!'

Totally!! I'm one of those people. I bop my head too.

I am no great navigator though which is something I can admit. I do know how to get around the parks though so I guess that's what really counts. (But hotels, parking lots/garages, anything where I have to find something forget it).

I get lost all the time. At least in the first few days, especially when our room is in the middle of nowhere and you have to go through multiple corridors and hallways to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter