Delete Thread

We'll be there 4/30 - 5/6 at AKL. I see that my countdown says "three months and thirty days" now and it freaks me out, lol!

I really think she'll totally come around once we're there. She is only 60, not 160, and she's active and in decent health...there is no reason for her to be acting like an old lady! We did talk about the trip on Christmas Eve, and you should have seen her eyes light up when I told her we were going to Akershus for breakfast and she'd be meeting Belle in the gold dress. She's been asking about what shoes to wear, and talking about what to pack, so she's warming up. She can just be wishy washy, and that makes things stressful for me.

I did already tell her that I'll go out on my own if she doesn't want to...and my husband basically told her, "we're paying for this, you're seeing Wishes or else" but in a nicer way. I may try to do the dessert party for Wishes, it might make her feel more comfortable away from the crowds a little bit.

And I totally agree about booking May ADRs while working on December plans! I only made three - BOG dinner, Akershus breakfast, and Boma breakfast...she loooves breakfast and loves Beauty and the Beast, so those were must dos. Otherwise we're going to wing it with food...luckily, staying at AKL gives us so many good options right at the resort.

Last edited:
Joining in :) My son and I will be there the same time as you: May 6-12! We will be at Pop. We also go every year in early September so maybe we'll overlap some during then too. Congrats on your approved vacation time!

My May vacation was approved for the week we want! So we will be getting to meet @DexLabDeeDee & @chunkymonkey

Whoo hoo!!

Digital digital get down....

They did give me a choice of the earlier or later week in September, and I decided to go with the earlier. I hope that's not a mistake because I don't have the dates for most the events we want to go to yet, but this way hopefully we'll get home before I get sick, (since we've always gone the later week when I got sick) and our APs will be valid the whole time (for Disney and USO so we won't have to renew any except my USO one for next year if we don't want to).

I think it's a good idea to go earlier. Why not? Even lower crowds and the possibility of NOT getting sick? #worthit!

Joining in :) My son and I will be there the same time as you: May 6-12! We will be at Pop. We also go every year in early September so maybe we'll overlap some during then too. Congrats on your approved vacation time!

Thank you for following along! That's awesome a lot of people seem to be going in early May this year on the boards! I'm so excited it was finally approved it takes them way too long when you're trying to plan a Disney vacation! :rotfl:

Whoo hoo!!

Digital digital get down....

:cheer2:

:rotfl: you're probably the only one who knows what that gif means, but it makes me laugh so hard. I found a site that had more Good Place gifs so I'm restocked.

I think it's a good idea to go earlier. Why not? Even lower crowds and the possibility of NOT getting sick? #worthit!

So #worthit! HHN dates are my only concern, but the weekend should be opening weekend.

Glad you got your time off approved for both trips and booked your May flight back! So many things coming together!!

Big congrats to Janet and Jason Mendoza...their wedding will be the envy of all potential brides this year, LOL!

Woohoo for DisMeets!! That should be so fun!!

I will advocate for the GFlo Cafe! Breakfast there was really good, and it's such a pretty place.

I know it's a huge relief to have all of your dates approved and to get travel stuff squared away! I hate when those loose ends are hanging over my head, too!!

Time is going to start flying by now for all of us May people, I think!!

Glad you got your time off approved for both trips and booked your May flight back! So many things coming together!!

Yes! I'm so excited!

Glad your days got approved, excited to meet up!
Yes! :cheer2:

Big congrats to Janet and Jason Mendoza...their wedding will be the envy of all potential brides this year, LOL!

Woohoo for DisMeets!! That should be so fun!!

I will advocate for the GFlo Cafe! Breakfast there was really good, and it's such a pretty place.

I know it's a huge relief to have all of your dates approved and to get travel stuff squared away! I hate when those loose ends are hanging over my head, too!!

Time is going to start flying by now for all of us May people, I think!!

She will :rotfl:

Yay for my first Dismeet!

Okay! I really want to try the vanilla french toast!

It is! And I hope time does start to fly till May, we're already under 4 months :cool1:

I'm late to the party, but I was hiding post-trip because my Disney Depression hit hard. I'm following this trip! But also...I'm going to Disney literally the week before you and leaving the day you get there. How crazy is that. You're trip ended right before mine started last time! :)

So far, it looks like you have it well-organized! I'm interested to see how many ADRs you change before your trip. Mine change like the wind. :confused3

I'm late to the party, but I was hiding post-trip because my Disney Depression hit hard. I'm following this trip! But also...I'm going to Disney literally the week before you and leaving the day you get there. How crazy is that. You're trip ended right before mine started last time! :)

So far, it looks like you have it well-organized! I'm interested to see how many ADRs you change before your trip. Mine change like the wind. :confused3
Aw, I'm glad you're feeling better! That is crazy!

:rotfl:Well I changed them all once so I'm hoping I'm done but I doubt it.

The whole no club villain thing is starting to worry me. They have to do it. We had it planned and had to cancel the trip and if they don't have it this time they will ruin my birthday. Period.

The whole no club villain thing is starting to worry me. They have to do it. We had it planned and had to cancel the trip and if they don't have it this time they will ruin my birthday. Period.
They do have to do it! It's really popular so I don't see why they'd stop doing it.

Last edited:
I'm glad you got the AP discount!! We saved about $100 for our trip too...I considered changing to standard view from savanna to save even more, but I talked up the savanna to MIL so much that I feel like I can't.

Hooray for Chicago!

Annndd...the finale of The Good Place. What did you think?? I haven't read if it's been picked up for another season yet...I'm too scared to check. If it is cancelled, I will be disappointed.

I'm glad you got the AP discount!! We saved about $100 for our trip too...I considered changing to standard view from savanna to save even more, but I talked up the savanna to MIL so much that I feel like I can't.

Hooray for Chicago!

Annndd...the finale of The Good Place. What did you think?? I haven't read if it's been picked up for another season yet...I'm too scared to check. If it is cancelled, I will be disappointed.

:cheer2:

The finale was crazy! I don't want to say too much because @DexLabDeeDee hasn't watched it yet but I never saw that coming. It hasn't been picked up yet...but the networks have till May to announce it.

Following along! My fiance and I have a trip planned for early May as well. This will be my fourth early May trip in as many years...it's such a great time to be at Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter