Decided to try a couple Character meals on my solo trip

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
Hi,

I decided even though I'm going to WDW solo, I should still try some character meals and see what they are like.

Here are the three that I made PS for today:

March 2nd 8: 40 am at Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

March 3rd 5:40 pm at Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)

March 4th 9:30 am at Donald's Breakfastosaurus (breakfast)

I love Chef Mickey's - haven't tried Liberty since it went characters - and I haven't tried Restaurantosaurus - that is Donald's???

Let us know how it goes. I've never done a character meal solo, and I'm trying to get up my courage for my next solo trip. So be sure to report back.

Jason,

Be sure and let us know about how it goes. I haven't been to Liberty Tree Tavern since it made into character meals. I am interested in hearing how it goes.

Melissa

Melissa,

Will do.

This is sort of a test run for my May trip. This way I can see if character meals are something that I like to do or not.

The thing I like is that they are scatterd through out my vacation, so it really doesn't change that idea of doing WDW at my own pace.

spiceycat

The lady called Restaurantosaurus, Donald & Friends Dinoland character meal or something like that. I was to excited about being able to get all my PS that I wanted 22 days prior to my trip, to completely write the whole name down.

I've done a solo character meal a couple of times. The servers are very good at offering to take pictures of me with the characters. I also try to make friends with a family at a nearby table, and offer to take pictures of all of them with the characters, and ask them to snap a couple for me!

I haven't had breakfast at Chef Mickey's in years, but had dinner there in December, and it sure was fun.

I had breakfast at Breakfastasaurus a couple of years ago, and the food was really good (although the selection didn't seem as large as at most other character breakfasts I've gone to).

Karen

I believe Liberty Tree Tavern serves meals family style. Can solo diners order a la carter? Thanks. Gail

librarylady,

When I made the PS, I was told that it was family style all you can eat kind of thing. I will get served just like everyone else.

LTT meals are family style and a set menu. You'll share your table with other diners--solos, couples, smaller groups. The menu includes salad (had to request a separate salad, as I don't eat salad dressing), turkey, beef, pork, veggies (we had glazed carrots--actually good, I usually don't like glaze on them!--and mashed potatoes), dressing, really good bread and dessert.

Just eat what you like and ignore the rest. The character interaction is very good. Well, I thought it was! It's my one and only character meal to date! :)

Taja,

I knew it was family style, but didn't realize it was like that. I think I'm going to be changing that one into a dinner at Chef Mickey's instead.

My family loves the family style meal at LTT. We're from Richmond, Virginia, and the atmosphere is very Williamsburg tavern-like. I found the food to be very yummy, and it's an "all-you-can-eat" setup. I never saw groups mixed with other parties. Granted, we were not eating solo, but I didn't get the impression a single party wouldn't get their own (maybe small) table. Could be wrong, but I didn't notice that type of arrangement. My family makes this a regular stop on our trips. You might want to consider eating really early or really late as that would ensure you got your own table (by yourself).

Hi,

I actually changed it to the following:

March 2nd 8:40 am at Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

March 3rd 5:15 pm at Crystal Palace (dinner)

March 4th 9:30 am at Donald's Breakfastosaurus (breakfast)

March 5th 5:30 Bomas (dinner)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter