December 2016 Car Rental Watch

kganous

Earning My Ears
I like to start planning early and I haven't seen this thread started yet so here goes. We are visiting Dec 10 - 16. We like Alamo and have a full size reserved now for 201.50. Hoping for better rates!

Yes, going for a weekend in December. I've been checking around. Landed a mid size car for the weekend for $53.00.

Let's ROCK-THIS-JOINT! (Well, it sounds better when Jim Carrey sez it in The Mask!)

DEC Rate watchin'...
Early voting...Mini Van and FS car...Bleh...Two vehicles possibly!

Just tagging onto the thread, we need a minivan to seat 7 in december. Haven't flown and needed to rent in a long time, crossing fingers for a good deal! Nothing locked down yet

I need to rent from Nov 25 to Dec 5. So far, all I'm finding is $325-$350. I did the same time frame last year for only $220 or so.

I am here! Last year in December we got a great rate with Alamo on a minivan from Orlando to Tampa, for $237 and some change so hoping for that but RT from MCO this time!

Joined. Just booked Dec 23rd to jan 2nd.have a full size booked through car rental savers for $375.00

We are flying in to MCO on Thursday, Dec 15th and flying out on Tuesday, Jan 3. I have a contract ID through my employer that provides a free additional driver from National so I usually use them. Right now my rate is $697 for the emerald aisle, so obviously hoping to get that down big time!!

How early do discounts tend to come out? Our trip's over Xmas/NYE so when should we start actively looking for deals?

I booked about 3 weeks ago with Alamo. Product code AS1. Contract ID 7014926. Coupon code AD3868JST. I got a 10 day full size for $231 including the taxes, etc. It's not prepaid, so I can cancel it if I find a better deal. I booked for the same dates last year though, and my best deal ended up being within a few dollars of this.

I booked about 3 weeks ago with Alamo. Product code AS1. Contract ID 7014926. Coupon code AD3868JST. I got a 10 day full size for $231 including the taxes, etc. It's not prepaid, so I can cancel it if I find a better deal. I booked for the same dates last year though, and my best deal ended up being within a few dollars of this.
Are those codes open for anyone to use? I think the end date is before Jan.

Last edited:
I just tried them and could book a 7 passenger minivan for 382 including taxes and fees for 12 days. Thats a great deal. It looks like anyone can use them, but its for a select amount of vehicles only as it blocked out certain ones I was looking at from the deal.

November 30th thru December 9th here....Our last trip....4 years ago???? We were able to get a super cheap rate of like $140 and got upgraded to a van! :) Alamo...hoping for a similar this year.

I have heard and experienced our last trip...that through Alamo...if you rent a Fullsize...sometimes you get lucky and they don't have them so they will upgrade to a mini van. ;)

What I found so far for my Dec trip. Lowest was $184.16
Sandford Airport (SFB)
Alamo
December 8th to 18th Midsize
Coupon -------AU3Z64SDG ----AD3868JST ------------- -----AD3868JST ----AD3868JST
Contract ID -------7014627 -------7014926 ----7014926 -----------15000 -------7014926
Product Code -------------- ---------------- ----------AS1 --------------AS1 ------------as1
Price ---------------$235.33 -------$216.36 ------$223.46 ---------$184.16 -------$193.73

Thank you for listing so many Alamo codes. I was booked with National for Dec 15 - Jan 3rd at almost $700 for Emerald Aisle. Your BJ's code got me down to $461 for a full size. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter