December 2016 Car Rental Watch

ACK!!! Our plans changed a bit, we are flying into LAX the night before...... so I still have the best rate for a minivan I can find at 296.00 from Alamo for our time, but looking to make a new res,using any codes at all is bumping it up over $400+ now! ugh...... still hoping something better comes along, or we will have to do a shuttle shuffle to keep our original deal.... I can't believe I can't get it lower.... I need Dec 14-24...

We need a minivan for 12/31/16-1/8/17 and I tried the
alamo
coupon code AD3868JST along with
contract id 7014926
and get the error message 'Return date conflict with coupon'
Any thoughts on any other codes that might work?
Thanks

We need a minivan for 12/31/16-1/8/17 and I tried the
alamo
coupon code AD3868JST along with
contract id 7014926
and get the error message 'Return date conflict with coupon'
Any thoughts on any other codes that might work?
Thanks

Check one of the January, Feb or March threads. I'm pretty sure I saw a different code in those threads. My guess is this one expires 12/31.

Try the Alamo coupon code .. AD2823JAZ

It was said that it is found in the .. March 2017 forum.

Also I tried .. AD3868JST .. and no luck for 2017 use

Last edited:
We typically drive our vehicle or fly, but may rent a vehicle for our Decenber trip. I'd appreciate any help - we are coming from MS dec 16-22. What am I typically looking at ball park to drive a rental? We don't really use at parks, so I could just drop off on arrival and rent again for the way back. Any thoughts or advice is so much appreciated!!!!!

Just got on the December train... booking a last minute trip for Dec 10-16 (1 week rental). Alamo, costco, midsize, AD3868JST coupon = $117.34 (econ was $5 less).

I am taking a last minute trip from Dec 10-17; I was able to rent a compact for a cost of $112 using coupon AD3868JST, 7016405, and TB1. this includes the free second driver and free CDW.

Hey TinkFan74 - we both planned a last minute trip for the same week!!! You are just staying 1 day longer. Did you book via DVC? We got some great airfare so just "had" to plan a quick Christmas trip. Love WDW this time of year but, last minute trip planning has been a little challenging. Thankfully, our plans are now starting to come together.

I am "ok" with the rate we got (via Alamo), but am hoping for some downward movement in the next few weeks. This thread has been pretty quiet so maybe there's hope for some price drops.

Question for those of you who have lowered your price....I am guessing you aren't paying the 'pay now' price and then changing it?

Question for those of you who have lowered your price....I am guessing you aren't paying the 'pay now' price and then changing it?

Correct.
I think "pay now" usually saves about 10%, but you're locked in to that price. Most prefer to use coupons and codes and watch the prices. By doing so, you can book, modify, and cancel without charge (until travel time?).

On a related note, my prices are higher today. Glad I have something booked.

Just checked the prices for my trip (Alamo, costco, coupon, dec 10-16) - they are currently the same as the price I have booked (ie - lower than the last week or so). Maybe, just maybe, they'll sneak down a bit more!!!!

I was just able to book a full sized SUV with alamo via costco for $200/week for Dec 3-10th. This saved me 133 bucks over the exact same reservation o booked weeks ago! Must be costco member. Hope this helps someone who needs a large vehicle

LaurS

I was just able to book a full sized SUV with alamo via costco for $200/week for Dec 3-10th. This saved me 133 bucks over the exact same reservation o booked weeks ago! Must be costco member. Hope this helps someone who needs a large vehicle

LaurS
This saved me $60! Thanks! We switched from a mini van to an intermediate SUV.

We snagged an SUV through Alamo yesterday for $186 taxes included (December 17th to December 24th). Hubby is happy, he gets to pick his vehicle.

I am still holding a Budget mini van ($221) and a Dollar SUV ($195) but I will go ahead and cancel those this weekend.

LaurS

Maybe I need to join Costco! My rate has not changed. (Using $25 off code and Alamo member rate).

LaurS
any coupon or just costco code?

I only see a standard suv offered, 5 people. We have 6....

I'm hoping an intermediate SUV is going to fit the 4 of us and our luggage! We've never had one before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter