December 2012 Code Watch

Hi there everyone! :wave2:

Count us in! We are planning our third trip to DW but this will be our first during Christmas time. We have always went in June and just cannot take the humidity...we are in the desert so we like the dry heat!

We have not booked yet, but are planning Dec 1-10th or Dec 8-18th. We are flexible on dates and just want a good code..Free Dining would be wonderful!!

There will be Me, DH,DS (21), DDL (21), DS 14 and DS 10.

We have stayed at the Poly 2006 our first trip.It was Fabulous...but expensive, our first trip so no idea on what I was doing, no discounts and there were 7 of us Yikes!!:scared1:

Last trip in 2009 at CBR in pirate room, it was great! Got stay 4 get 3 free.

Both trips did DDP, best way for us to go since we have all adults according to Disney!

Any input on where would be a great place to stay, looks like we will need 2 rooms.

my bf just told me he wants to go in december 2012 or 2013. so I went online to price things out. we were just in WDW in October and only paid $2123.00 and we stayed for a week at POFQ.
I just picked the week of Dec 8-15 with the same resort (loved it there) and it was $3323.90
hope they give out free dining! or we might not be able to go

We're hoping to do December 2012 too! Nothing booked yet, but we are keeping our eyes peeled.

my bf just told me he wants to go in december 2012 or 2013. so I went online to price things out. we were just in WDW in October and only paid $2123.00 and we stayed for a week at POFQ.
I just picked the week of Dec 8-15 with the same resort (loved it there) and it was $3323.90
hope they give out free dining! or we might not be able to go

Ah, don't you just love the holidays? All expensive and such? :headache: I love POFQ as well though. My mom and I stayed there in 2009 and we were in Building 2, right on the corner on the bottom floor, which was a lifesaver for my mom (can't take stairs too well with a bad knee :guilty:) That, and the resort itself was gorgeous and quiet and pretty awesome for the two of us. :thumbsup2

Count me in as well though. My goal is to be going to WDW Dec 4th-11th, 2012, and I'm kinda determined to convert my dad into a non-WDW hater and get him to go with us this time. Maybe the holiday spirit and cooler temps will help us out (last time he went was July in 97'. It was hot, crowded, and back then there wasn't much for him to do. That combo turned him off :sad2:).

ANYWAYS, we wanna stay at WL during this stay, since my dad would love the theming of the American Northwest, and my brother and his family stayed there before, so my mom and I visited it (therefore loving it immensely :love:) This is gonna cost a pretty penny, and since we are gonna be moving within the next few months or so, we gotta save up now while we can.

A pin or code would be awesome though, hence why I'm here. :rotfl:

Man, being a WDW addict is expensive. :laughing: :rolleyes1

I just booked for a stay at CR, but I could REALLY go for a discount. yikes, that is expensive!

Count us in!

We booked a bounceback for Dec 9th-15th at the Poly during our visit a couple of weeks ago. Got a room only 35% off :yay:

We really enjoyed MVMCP and I'm looking forward to being there even closer to the holidays next year!

BTW: We did not have an offer in the room but I called the front desk and they connected me to reservations. Apparently the current offer is for 35% off deluxe, 30% off moderates. I didn't ask about values but another poster has said it is 25% of values.

Joining in here!! We decided to change our November 2012 dates to December! As of now, the trip is just my youngest daughter and I. :lovestruc
We are nailing down dates, but plan to do a 3-4 day cruise, Disney World and Sea World.

I think I'm going to watch this one :) I'm thinking about arriving the first Monday in December. Wilderness Lodge most likely.

probably a silly question but when will we find out if they are doing any discounts? i didn't book anything yet...but I'm really hoping to be able to go!!

I'm hoping for Dec. 2012 too! I really really want to go this year but I just don't see it in the picture :sad2: so I guess next year will have to do.

I'm joining in too, with hopes of having it all work out! My DH and I just talked tonight and we are both interested, we shot out some dates and thought that we would be arriving Dec 27 - Jan 5. Since I've never booked over the Christmas time when should we make reservations? I know you can do it now, but I'm hoping that I can hold off until sometime in February. That wouldn't be too late would it? Oh and for our choice of resort, we'd make the kiddies happy by staying at their favorite resort.... CBR!

I am looking at December 8-16th...basically trying to avoid Warner Bros Football/Cheerleaders lol not that they are bad kids...they are certainly NOT...it's just that when they are there it is so darn crowded! Every resort EVERY December...I just have to find out the date and not go that week! If i can afford it, I might just go for another week...I get 2 wks vacation anyway and will not be going anywhere else as I will be saving all year for this..just have to see if they would allow me to take both weeks at once...I work for my sister and BIL handling their insurance billing among other things...when I go for a week they hate it lol

I am looking at December 8-16th...basically trying to avoid Warner Bros Football/Cheerleaders lol not that they are bad kids...they are certainly NOT...it's just that when they are there it is so darn crowded! Every resort EVERY December...I just have to find out the date and not go that week!

I was there from the 6th through the 16th this year, so half Pop Warner and half not. I was staying at BWV. Since the players don't stay there, I can't really speak to how busy their resorts are, but there was a big difference in how crowded the parks were. During PW, the parks were not busy at all. Starting that Saturday at the end of PW week through the end of my trip, the parks were very crowded. In fact, I heard one guest in passing say that the parks were as crowded as New Years (I haven't been on New Year's for a while, but it was really busy that particular day, so I think the analogy would apply). So unless you are planning to stay at their specific resorts, I wouldn't rule out a PW week trip. The only problem is that it's harder to get a discount that week. I had to wait for the AP discounts to come out before I could get a discount, and that was about 2-3 months out as opposed to being able to book now with the bounceback for fewer dates.

We were at POR from 12/10- 12/15.
HEARD the crowd level was suppose to be at 1-2. I disagree. I think more like a 4/5. Not HORRIBLE, but not dead. Noticed the waits were like 10-20 and 40/40 for the BIG rides, like SOARING, TEST TRACK, etc.

We usually frequent the parks at night and the crowds were less IMHO.

We are HOPING to go to BC from 12/8- 12/13- so to miss the PW and PARADE crowd.
That parade crowd can be deadly......

Really hoping for a 4/3 or a 40% code. Not even sure they offer that sort of discount anymore...

Just got back from seeing the Mouse :thumbsup2

Now planning same week next year. Can I book everything now and call to get the free dining when it is available? Will they add the free dining to an existing reservation? :santa:

Im in.....dates are flexible but we are thinking December 9th-15th. Staying at Contemporary. We just returned from our trip like 2 weeks ago and we had a bounceback offer and I am kicking myself for not booking. It was for 35% off.

I'm getting ready to book my December 2012 trip. I had promised my goddaughter a trip this coming year - initially, we were going to go in late October, but then she saw a youtube of the Osbourne lights, and decided she wanted to do Christmas. :santa:

I was there (POFQ) in December 2010, and we actually moved our dates back because the free-dining started AFTER Pop Warner (no discount that week). So I'm trying to avoid that week (I prefer to avoid it anyway) to get the best shot at a discount. :cheer2:

IS Pop Warner usually the first week of December?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter