December 2009 Code Watch

DH and I were discussing this last night. One reason we chose to pull DD out of school in Dec. just before Christmas break was to avoid crowds, becasuse we HATE crowds. Now with FD being offered to the general public, I worry that the crowds will be thicker. ACK! But then I tell myself that only so many people will yank their kids out of school, no matter how good the deal.

Any thoughts, Dec. trippers?

When we went in Dec 2007 it was very crowded but we were still able to do everything that we wanted. But this year it might be hard to do now that my daugther not only is big enough to ride the E tickets but she enjoys riding them at Disneyland. I see lots of lines in my future in December. :sad2:

if you check in on the 17th, you will get fd for every day of your stay. But you must check in on the 17th, no later.

Disney is really shooting themselves in the foot by offering fd to the gp. By all accounts, they will not fill up their resorts, and few new ressies will be made. Instead, those who already had reservations will simply apply the discount and reduce disney's revenue. I firmly believe the e-mail pin codes are random, because if disney had any sense they would have sent those codes to anyone registered with disney.com but who had yet to make a reservation for october thru december, thereby giving them incentive to come. But to send out codes to people who already had ressies (we received one for fd and now we're saving a bundle) only hurts disney in the end. No matter how many new ressies get made, all it will do in the end is create a point of break-even for disney.

Someday, someone is going to have to provide the textbook of economics 101 to the execs in burbank.

thanks so much!!!!

Also, does anyone know the days of the week and times that Fantasmic was shown LAST December? I'm hoping that can help me plan a bit for this year, since WDW is taking its sweet time releasing hours.

Fantasmic was shown every night last year. They didn't reduce the number of shows until January.

I am anxiously awaiting info as well. I am not a big fan of free dining . We are doing either the GF or the CR so I hope its a discount for rooms. Fingers crossed!

We aren't doing the "free" dining either. Luckily, we have a great room-only rate booked at AKL with a 30% discount, but maybe something magical will happen like a 40%. Here's to dreaming...:wizard:

I am new here so please forgive this question. What are these codes everyone is talking about? How do you get them? :confused:

quick question. We are set to check in Thanksgiving day and stay through Dec 2. Does anyone know if we will be able to get FD for our whole trip? I had heard that as long as you check in on a date it is offered you get it for the whole trip, and I wasn't sure if it worked the other way too?

quick question. We are set to check in Thanksgiving day and stay through Dec 2. Does anyone know if we will be able to get FD for our whole trip? I had heard that as long as you check in on a date it is offered you get it for the whole trip, and I wasn't sure if it worked the other way too?

I would think so. I have a friend who booked FD for her trip that starts on October 3rd which is the end of the FD for the last offer and she has it for the length of her stay which is until October 10th.

I would think so. I have a friend who booked FD for her trip that starts on October 3rd which is the end of the FD for the last offer and she has it for the length of her stay which is until October 10th.

So it will work even if our checkin date is a blackout date?? i haven't heard wether you can still apply the discount to the whole trip if you check in on a blackout day.

So it will work even if our checkin date is a blackout date?? i haven't heard wether you can still apply the discount to the whole trip if you check in on a blackout day.

My understanding is you would have to make two seperate reservations and check out then check back in on the day the free dining starts. Now whether they make you move all of your stuff I don't know. You better call and ask. Be sure and post back and let us know what you find out. Good Luck.

We check in on Nov 28, and we were able to get Free Dining for the entire stay, just had to pay the higher room rate for the first night. Technically Thanksgiving holidays are black out dates (I know it starts again Nov 29), but its worth a try.

We check in on Nov 28, and we were able to get Free Dining for the entire stay, just had to pay the higher room rate for the first night. Technically Thanksgiving holidays are black out dates (I know it starts again Nov 29), but its worth a try.

Thnks, it is worth a try. We are considering trying to get down on tues the 24th if that will get us the discount for the whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter