December 2008 Code Watch

Jahoe, my first saving for the trip is scored! Unfortunately the AAA rate didn't give us a good discount for our stay at CBR. (well, unless you think saving a whole dollar fifty is a great deal for 11 nights :lmao: )

On the other hand, I checked on staying the last 2 nights (we'll be staying 13 nights) at AKL, savannah view room. Turns out the AAA-rate for those 2 nights gives me a discount of $100,-!! My parents wont know untill we get at WDW as it's a surprise for them, but this is a deal I had to take. I just had to, it's not my doing, they made me, honestly! :rotfl2:

Woo Hoo! :banana:

WL opened all their rooms for 2008. Thanks to Lifelong Dreamer that updated with that information. My local AAA travel agent was closed by the time I read the post, but I had a standing reservation through disneyworld. I updated that reservation to the woodsview with bunk beds. I sent email off to my AAA agent to see if that room opened with AAA rates as well. If they are available, and the rate is good, I'll switch to AAA.

So excited! I love saving money! :yay:

DisBound, congrats! Saving money is great. :)

Got to love that AAA discount, I just scored me a concierge AKL room with $120,- discount. It's now cheaper than booking a standard savannah view room at rack rate. I couldn't believe the quote I saw, for a moment I believed I just red the number wrong. But I didn't. Wow, concierge, us, unbelievable! :cool1:

Subscribing...

Currently considering Dec. 7-12, 2008 at BCV. This thread probably won't be able to help me much. :( We'll probably "rent" DVC points from a friend and we still have 5 days of tickets left from the last trip (I LOVE when that happens!)

Woo Hoo! :banana:

WL opened all their rooms for 2008. Thanks to Lifelong Dreamer that updated with that information. My local AAA travel agent was closed by the time I read the post, but I had a standing reservation through disneyworld. I updated that reservation to the woodsview with bunk beds. I sent email off to my AAA agent to see if that room opened with AAA rates as well. If they are available, and the rate is good, I'll switch to AAA.

So excited! I love saving money! :yay:

Just curious as to whether you got the AAA discount? My TA sent me an email yesterday (little peeved about the delay...) letting me know about the rooms opening up. She said that the Woodsview bunks weren't available with AAA and would actually cost more than my Courtyard Bunk AAA ressies.

Just curious as to whether AAA wasn't available at all...or not available because they were out a few days before she looked into them?

Just curious as to whether you got the AAA discount? My TA sent me an email yesterday (little peeved about the delay...) letting me know about the rooms opening up. She said that the Woodsview bunks weren't available with AAA and would actually cost more than my Courtyard Bunk AAA ressies.

Just curious as to whether AAA wasn't available at all...or not available because they were out a few days before she looked into them?

Yes, we did get a AAA rate for the 4th through the 13th of Dec. 2008. We got the woodsview bunk beds accourding to my AAA travel agent. We plan on dropping one day off after we get plane tickets, but wanted to leave a little wiggle room with flights. So our price will go down a bit when we drop the day. We have hopper passes not including water parks and we are participating in the basic dining plan. I priced it at disneyworld.com and we are saving $531.54 or a savings of $59.06 a night.

I did verfy everything with my agent and she told me that the paperwork went out this AM so I should have it in a day or so. I will feel better when I see everything in writing - it's a control freak thing I have. :lmao:

Did you go through a AAA agent? or through another TA? Maybe try AAA direct if you didn't hear what you wanted too from your TA.

Sending good vibes that you get a great rate!:goodvibes

subscribing...

we're planning on Dec 2-8, 2008 ....

I've already run numbers that would give us:

$804.60 for the room at POR (AAA rate...not released yet but it will be that or better)

and

$1260.34 for 7day hoppers (3A/2C)

so hoping for a better deal than that with a code or maybe free dining... :goodvibes

I'm watching because we're planning on a Dec 08 trip as a reward if DS does well in school. It's really iffy right now because he's not, but thought it would be a good incentive. Plus we want to go back...now!

DW & I just returned from our 5th Anniversary trip, which was 1st trip since having children alone. We are planning our next trip, which will be DS, who will be 2 during trip, 1st trip. It will be DD(4) 3rd trip. We are also looking at staying @ WL. Our dates are 11/30-12/6. Keep me in the loop.
What are some of the prices fellow DISers have been quoted with AAA for WL or POR or POP? Just curious as we have let our AAA membership expire and debating on re-uping.

Have a MAGICAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribing!!
Looking to go the First week of December in 2008!
I'm bummed out because we can't go in March of this year and i have to wait till Dec! But i shouldn't complain we just went in September! I just love Disney in March! But we really wanted to see Disney in December!

subscribing.

We just got back yesterday and are planning our next trip for early December 2008 at the Wilderness Lodge.

If anyone knows...what is the best time in December to travel. I saw something about Pop Warner and some other group. When do they usually come. DD birthday is 12/7 and we were thinking of going 12/2-12/12... will this be a low crowd time?

Thanks!

amygirl, my dd's birthday is also 12/7 :) We are going to be there, celebrating her 8th birthday in '08.

Do you mind telling me if that's for a standard concierge room, or a deluxe? Thanks!

DisBound, congrats! Saving money is great. :)

Got to love that AAA discount, I just scored me a concierge AKL room with $120,- discount. It's now cheaper than booking a standard savannah view room at rack rate. I couldn't believe the quote I saw, for a moment I believed I just red the number wrong. But I didn't. Wow, concierge, us, unbelievable! :cool1:

Hi everyone!!! I haven't booked it yet but, my best friend (who has two girls) and myself (three girls) are planning for An All Girls Disney Trip Dec 5-10th 2008. We are booking next week thru AAA. We are considering staying at CB.

What a pathetic discount...I hope they get better!

We want WL or CBR for Nov.30 - Dec.7 - basically same dates.
I couldnt believe I found you here! :yay: I remembered your name from the "customs for disney" sewing thread that you started. Do you realize how big your thread is? There's about 10 pages per day there. Amazing! Thanks for starting it and I would love if you could stop in and say HI!
Anywho...glad to see you around! :goodvibes

We just booked a courtyard bunkbed room for 11/30 -12/6 at WL with a AAA rate. It came out to about $291/night (including tax, etc.)...I think rack is $305 + tax.

Sounds great! I just have to say I love the pic in your siggy~ ;)

i'm hopeing to go nov 30 to dec 6 it will depend on the kind of codes that come out i do have aaa hoping for better i got the 40% off postcard this last year but wasnt able to use it

If I call and try to book with a AAA discount, do I have to have a number now, or at check in? I am thinking about getting a membership if it will save me money, but how long will it take to get membership stuff, etc? Can I just call and book it anyway, and just make sure I have a card or whatever at checkin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter