December 2008 Code Watch

We are staying club level do any discounts ever apply to them? We will be celebrating out 10th aniversary so decided to try upgrade a bit but it would be great to get a discount on the price.

Talked to a AAA travel agent two days ago. We were looking for an AAA rate for Dec. 4 through the 13th for 2008 at WL. She said that all their AAA rooms with discounted rates are sold out for WL for our dates and the weeks around them. She said she even looked at AKL and they were sold out as well. Since I don't think Disney has released all of their rooms for that time frame, I may just keep trying. I did go up to Disneyworld.com and put in our dates for the WL and got no availability at WL. I do have an existing reservation with Disney for a courtyard view with bunks. I keep checking to see if a woodsview becomes available. Now, nothing is available. Yikes!

We are staying club level do any discounts ever apply to them? We will be celebrating out 10th aniversary so decided to try upgrade a bit but it would be great to get a discount on the price.

I believe they are, we were offered a club level for the Aug trip I had and for my December trip, but it was way too expensive for my taste even with the discount. The two resorts were WL and CR.

Suzanne

I'm subscribing. We are planning on going Dec 8-13, 2008. We're taking my in-laws for their 50th Bdays!

Wow - great minds think alike. We are taking my parents for their 60th Birthdays the week before you!

I'm subscribing. We are planning on going Dec 8-13, 2008. We're taking my in-laws for their 50th Bdays!

Talked to a AAA travel agent two days ago. We were looking for an AAA rate for Dec. 4 through the 13th for 2008 at WL. She said that all their AAA rooms with discounted rates are sold out for WL for our dates and the weeks around them. She said she even looked at AKL and they were sold out as well. Since I don't think Disney has released all of their rooms for that time frame, I may just keep trying. I did go up to Disneyworld.com and put in our dates for the WL and got no availability at WL. I do have an existing reservation with Disney for a courtyard view with bunks. I keep checking to see if a woodsview becomes available. Now, nothing is available. Yikes!

I really wish someone could explain why rooms don't get released. We want to spend $ on Disney and they don't want it! We went down to a mod because of lack of availability and now we have ourselves convinced we don't need the Deluxe. We needed to lock in our vacation dates, so I didn't want to take a chance on losing the room.
In case you weren't already told this, when you call, make sure they know you are looking for a change in rooms. I was told that it may show no availability for me because there was already a reservation under my name. I was calling several times a week over the summer when a CM told me to say that. Good Luck!:santa:

Wow - great minds think alike. We are taking my parents for their 60th Birthdays the week before you!

I wanted to go that week but had to delay because of my SIL's finals.:sad2:

I'm so excited, but I am the only "planner"...so everyone else thinks I'm crazy right now. I wish I had found this board when we went on our honeymoon, I've found so much info on here!! I cant wait to see all the Xmas decorations!

Subscribing, even if it's a tad bit early. ;-)

A ? about the AAA-rate; is it just WL that the rooms are booked for this discount already? I'm going the first week of december and am hoping for CBR. (waiting for DU to email me) I booked a standard reservation for now, but was planning on asking to check the AAA-rate in december. If the rate is anything like I've seen on this boards before, it's very worthwhile to get a years membership with our national partner of the AAA (same discounts apply :-) ). Because it would only be a years worth of membership (heay, I don't drive, so don't need it), I'll either have to wait untill december or get a membership now and prolonge that, which probably would not leave a big enough discount worth the trouble.

What do you guys think, is it realistic to wait untill december 2007 before checking and hopefully change my reservation to AAA-rate?

I'm looking into going from 12/6 to 12/13 and staying at POP. If I book now, and use the AAA discount, would I be able to use a code as well, when one is released(or switch discounts if the WDW one is better)? Also, can you get a discount if you book a whole package and not just the room?

Sorry, this may have been mentioned and I just didn't see it.

TIA!

I'm looking into going from 12/6 to 12/13 and staying at POP. If I book now, and use the AAA discount, would I be able to use a code as well, when one is released(or switch discounts if the WDW one is better)? Also, can you get a discount if you book a whole package and not just the room?

Sorry, this may have been mentioned and I just didn't see it.

TIA!

You can't add another discount, only one to each customer (wouln'd it be nice though). You can change it, but I have found that the AAA rate in December is better than any other discount avail, or at least it has been fro teh last 2 Decembers (2006 & 2007). right now I have 2 nights booked at CR with a AAA discount and 2 night at AKL with an AP rate, so you just never know.

For the last few discounts Disney has ofered them on packages as well as room only, of course even with a package the discount is on the room portion of the package, except in hte case of free dining.

Suzanne princess:

Subscribing, even if it's a tad bit early. ;-)

A ? about the AAA-rate; is it just WL that the rooms are booked for this discount already? I'm going the first week of december and am hoping for CBR. (waiting for DU to email me) I booked a standard reservation for now, but was planning on asking to check the AAA-rate in december. If the rate is anything like I've seen on this boards before, it's very worthwhile to get a years membership with our national partner of the AAA (same discounts apply :-) ). Because it would only be a years worth of membership (heay, I don't drive, so don't need it), I'll either have to wait untill december or get a membership now and prolonge that, which probably would not leave a big enough discount worth the trouble.

What do you guys think, is it realistic to wait untill december 2007 before checking and hopefully change my reservation to AAA-rate?

You just have to call and ask about a specific resort if all of the AAA rooms have been booked. And if they are, that doesn't mean more won't open at a later date and other guests will cancel and change reservations all through out the year.

I have been really happy with getting a AAA membership, no only having peace of mind when traveling, but my discounts have paid for my membership each year. I have had my membership since Sept 2005, I added Dh in 2006 and we only pay $63/year, but I have saved close to $1000 with the discounts on packages and AP's, and a few room only reservations. Not to mention the discounts that are available to you if you book a package. Not every one uses those, personally I don't use the storytelling voucher, but I have saved alot of money at WOD and DH saved some money on the Petty Driving Experience. So you can see that it has been well worth it for me. I have never actually used it for it's intended purpose, I only use it for discounts :laughing:

Suzanne princess:

Subscribing and hoping to hear of a disney visa discount for the first part of Dec. 08! I've heard that there aren't usually any rooms at WL for that discount--true? And that even AAA is hard to get b/c WL fills up quickly. That makes me worry. I'll guess we'll just have to pinch more pennies this year then b/c I really want WL!:)

Hey everybody! I know that a lot of you are looking at the Wilderness Lodge so I just wanted to let you know that they have finally released all the rooms for booking. I snagged a standard room with my AAA rate this morning. :banana:

I saw that too on the Disney website. I really want to stay at the WL but DH wants to save money and stay at POP. I have AAA and was wondering if I should book with them or Disney. I'm not sure if we are doing the dining plan next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter