December 2007 Adult & Solo Travelers

DisneyBride'03- I'll be at POFQ from 12/10-12/17-my first solo Disney trip, although have made so many plans with other solos, that not much "down" time. I did save one day to finish up any shopping I miss-we have quite a loaded schedule and it's also my birthday on the 13th, so am Parasailing with 2 others in the morning(a first, also). We are having dinner at Planet Hollywood on the 10th(have room if you want to join us), then to Pleasure Island. 12/14 is dinner at Wolfgang Puck's and Pleasure Island for Adventurer's Club and Comedy Club and 12/15, I have room at the Cape May Cafe for dinner. Let me know if any of this works for you-we'd love to have you join us. I love the resort decorations and love to buy the gingerbread ornaments at the gingerbread house, at the Grand Floridian, to bring home as gifts. There really is a lot to see, without the parks, on a short trip. Downtown Disney is my favorite for the rest of my shopping.

Sounds like a great birthday trip Colette!!!

I do not arrive until the 13th..the 14th I have dinner at Narcoosees after Wishes...that is my MK Resort day for shopping/hanging out....I leave the 15th in the evening...so maybe the 14th at Pleasure Island?!
Thanks for the info about the gingerbread house at GF!!

DisneyBride'03- Lots of displays at the hotels made of gingerbread and other edible things-my favorite is the Carousel at the Beach Club. Boardwalk Inn has a nice display, also. If you want to PM me your cell phone number, I'll send you mine and we can get in touch, on the 14th, if you want to meet at PI. Our dinner ressies are for 6:30, so probably 8:30 or 9:00 we'll be heading to the clubs.

SSR for 6th & 7th then DCL for a week cruise and return for a week at SSR again. :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Well, it's probably too early to be asking this... But while it's on my mind... I'm coming in late on Dec. 7 (about 10pm) and would like to go to the grocery store either that night or the following morning. Is there a kind soul that has a rental car that might be willing to give me a lift? I'll be happy to pay for gas. I just want to pick up some stuff (breakfast stuff, mainly). If no response I'll ask again when it's closer. Cheers, all!

Anyone?... See above...

Well, it's probably too early to be asking this... But while it's on my mind... I'm coming in late on Dec. 7 (about 10pm) and would like to go to the grocery store either that night or the following morning. Is there a kind soul that has a rental car that might be willing to give me a lift? I'll be happy to pay for gas. I just want to pick up some stuff (breakfast stuff, mainly). If no response I'll ask again when it's closer. Cheers, all!

NMP~Have you thought about having a grocery service deliver your items? It probably wouldn't be much more than gas money. We aren't checking in until the 9th and staying Concierge this time so we won't be going to the market. You could also pack a few small boxes of cereal and just buy some milk and fruit from the resort convenience store. Just a couple of suggestions~Jude

Hey I think you'll find someone who could take you - like you said, it is early, so maybe you'll get a reply sometime next month!

I've finally gotten my plans straight for December! So here there are! I hope I get to bump into some of you while I'm there!
:wave:

Tues. 11th
Arrive, Eat - Boma @ 6:30, Sleep

Wed. 12th

MK in the AM, - BREAK- MGM for 50's Primetime 4:10 w/Colette and DISers, Osborne Lights and Fantasmic

Thurs. 13th
Epcot in the AM - BREAK - back to Epcot for LeCellier @ 4:50 w/Daisy and DISers, Candlelight processional, Fireworks

Fri. 14th
AK in the AM - BREAK - MK for Liberty Tree Tavern @ 6pm, stay for the Christmas Party!

Sat. 15th - Go Home

:santa: :santa: Flying down Dec 15th with my cousin and meeting up with my parents we are all staying at the CSR and flying out the 20th. We plan on hitting MVMCP and a hoop dee doo review if anyone wants to join us:santa: :santa: :santa:

My wife and I will be at the CS resort from Nov. 27 till Dec 7. This is our second visit during the Holiday period and second time to see MVMCP.:santa:

Thank you Jude! I didn't think of a delivery service - I didn't think places did that any more. I'll look into it if I don't connect with someone. Thanks!

NMP~Have you thought about having a grocery service deliver your items? It probably wouldn't be much more than gas money. We aren't checking in until the 9th and staying Concierge this time so we won't be going to the market. You could also pack a few small boxes of cereal and just buy some milk and fruit from the resort convenience store. Just a couple of suggestions~Jude

Visiting Disney World December 3rd through the 12th and I'll be flying solo! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the Holiday decorations for the first time.

But Le Cellier is fine, and if the above all works out to keep me at Epcot on that day, as I expect it will, I would enjoy meeting with y'all for dinner.

Hi Karnak,

On 12/13, twelve people from this website are meeting for Colette's birthday dinner at Le Cellier. I made the reservation for 4:50 PM, and we'll meet inside the restaurant entrance at 4:35 PM. A few months ago, you mentioned to Colette that you'd like to go to this dinner, so I saved you a spot. The reservation is now full, and we haven't heard from you lately.

I was just wondering, do you still plan to be with us for this meal? It would be great to have your company, but since the reservation is full, I'd like to confirm that you are still interested and able to join us. Please let me know, either way.

(I tried to send you a PM, but received a message that you don't accept PM's).

Thanks!

Daisy

Visiting Disney World December 3rd through the 12th and I'll be flying solo! I'm looking forward to seeing all of the Holiday decorations for the first time.

Hi Jeff,

I'm there December 4th through the 15th! I'm organizing small-group meals and activities for every day for Disney fans from this website. You're welcome to join us for any of the meals listed below where there is still space in the dining reservations. Let me know if you'd like me to save you any of the remaining spots!

Revised to show remaining spots in dining reservations. :)

Daisy's Tentative Schedule -- Updated 10/25:

Tuesday, December 4

• Arrive

MGM

•Osborne Lights

•Brown Derby Dinner, 8:00PM (3 spots left)

Wednesday, December 5

Epcot

• Rose & Crown Lunch, 12:00 noon (5 spots left)

• Flying Fish Cafe Dinner, 6:30PM (4 spots left)

• ~8:45PM Pleasure Island – Meet BetsyAnn’s group

Thursday, December 6

• Boma Breakfast, 8:30AM (4 spots left) -- you'll need a car or taxi to get there, unless you are staying at AKL or AKV -- too early in the AM to count on WDW busses

Magic Kingdom

• 5PM Crystal Palace dinner, 5:10PM (FULL)

• 7PM-midnight MVMCP

Friday, December 7

Animal Kingdom

• Yak and Yeti lunch (reservation pending, so let me know if you'd like to be included. So far, there are 7 of us going.)

MGM

• Jiko dinner, 7:20PM, 3 spots left

Saturday, December 8

Epcot

• Garden Grill lunch, 12:10PM, 2 spots left

• Biergarten dinner, 6:55PM, 5 spots left

• 9:00 PM Illuminations

• 9:30 PM Kimono’s karaoke

Sunday, December 9

Magic Kingdom

• LTT lunch, 11:40AM, 1 spot left

• Artist Point dinner, 5:30PM, 4 spots left

• 7 PM Campfire Singalong

• 9:30PM Jellyrolls Meet w/Karen’s group

Monday, December 10

• 9:00AM-12:30PM Yuletide Fantasy Tour

MGM

• Sci Fi Dine-In lunch, 1:30PM, 2 spots left

• Fantasia Gardens mini-golf

• Illuminations cruise (FULL)

Tuesday, December 11

• 9AM Tour Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts

• 10:30AM Tour Monorail resorts

• 12:00 noon Kona Café Lunch, 2 spots left

• Tour Beach Club/Yacht Club; other Epcot resorts if there is enough time

• 4 PM Culinary Tour at AKL

• 1900 Park Fare dinner, 6:30PM, 3 spots left

• Jellyrolls

Wednesday, December 12

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (skipping the wildest rides)

• Lunch at Mythos

• Boatwright’s dinner, 8:30PM, 3 spots left

Thursday, December 13

• 9:00AM - 10:00AM Wilderness Lodge tour

• ~11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Parasailing

Epcot

• Le Cellier dinner, 4:50PM, FULL

• Candlelight Processional

• Illuminations

Friday, December 14

Magic Kingdom

• 9:00AM Magic Kingdom rollercoasters w/Kat

• Crystal Palace breakfast, 10:25AM, 3 spots left

• Afternoon at Magic Kingdom

• Wolfgang Puck Café dinner, 6:30 PM (need to get there by 6:00PM), 1 spot left

• PI Comedy Club – “Comedy Warehouse” (two different shows)

Saturday, December 15

• Tusker House, Donald's Safari character breakfast, 10AM, 1 spot left

• Depart

During the Holidays I'll be spending Christmas and New Year for the first time ever in WDW after visiting WDW several times during all kind of different seasons. I'll be arriving on Dec., 24th 2007 and departing again Jan., 3rd 2008.

Are there any single girls/women around, age 26-35, who are in WDW during the same period who wants to go on the rides together with me ;). Just PM me :D

Thank you Jude! I didn't think of a delivery service - I didn't think places did that any more. I'll look into it if I don't connect with someone. Thanks!

~~If you don't get a ride to the store then try gardengrocer.com or call them @ 866-855-4350. I have not used them myself but heard good things and they only have a 12.00 delivery charge. They deliver to your resort 7 days a week from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. :) There are a few other delivery services as well. Hope you have a great trip~~Jude

I got a great deal from Spirit - only $96 round trip. I'm arriving Friday afternoon, Dec. 7th and leaving Monday morning, Dec. 10th. I can't wait to see MK all decked out ... and the resorts... (staying at Beach Club) and meeting some great DISFriends that I've gotten to know through the boards and have met in person as well! Wish me luck on my first SOLO trip. Shhhhhhh... can't tell my DS (8) or he'd be CRUSHED!! ;)

DaisyDuck001,
Just to let you know, they're starting to take reservations for Yak&Yeti in Dec for January...anything before then will be walk up only, so you might not have reservations for that one.

DaisyDuck001,
Just to let you know, they're starting to take reservations for Yak&Yeti in Dec for January...anything before then will be walk up only, so you might not have reservations for that one.

Thanks, I also saw that info yesterday on a website. It looks like we'll have to "walk up" in December.

Daisy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter