DDP: Will we be allowed to do this?

jonimce said:
Yes, we have done this also. What Disney means by 2TS is for each meal ordered and not 1. Some people miss this. We have done this at AP and CG and a few others.

I'm glad to hear this!!

Did the server give you any problems for sharing your 2 TS credit meal at the signature restaurants??

We did not share the meal. Just the app. and dessert. Plus a couple of drinks. We have always found the servers to go out of their way once they found out we were on the DDP. They know they are going to get the tip they deserve. A lot of people from this country and others do not leave the customary 18 to 20 % tip. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

We have shared several times in 1 TS rest. Most of the time it was lunch.

Lizziejane said:
What I"m asking is, if 4 dine together, can 4 TS credits be used from the pool? Or could only 2 TS credits be used, and 2 of us pay cash?

Yes, you can use as many credits at a meal as you want to, as long as you have enough credits remaining. You could use them all in one day if you wanted to!

Another interesting thing that kept happening to me is, I went to a buffet with my DD7, DD2 (who is free at buffets) and an adult guest who was not on the DDP. I told the server that the girls & I were on the plan and the guest was paying cash. The server suggested that we use our credits for the 2 adults and pay cash for the child's meal. This happened at every buffet we went to,and several other TS meals as well, during a 7-day trip in Sept. 2005 and again during a 5-day trip in May 2006. This also happened when we had more than one non-DDP guest with us.

We also shared a lot of meals. There were times when I would order only one adult meal and the 3 of us would share it and STILL have food leftover. I had a server throw in a free app for DD2 at the Sci-Fi Theater Drive-In when I said she would just share.

My main thought about the DDP is don't stress about it! If you buy the credits, they are yours to use however you want to. If the restaurant accepts the DDP, and the vast majority of them do, just use it however YOU feel is right. Chances are it will be just fine.

Here is my experience...

We went with my parents. Two rooms all on dining plan. The first night the server deducts 4 meals from my parents account and only 2 from mine.

To give my parents back their meals I had server at next meal deduct all 6 meals from my account (At Storybook breakfast in Norway) at it was done. My parents were taking my kids one night and to make it easy on them, we thought we would "pay" for all six meals at H&V (we weren't sure if the kids cards could be "used" to pay - they are 5 and had no charging privledges) but server looked at my resort id and told me I could only deduct 4 meals as that is what I purchased the dining plan for.

Not sure how it is suppose to be, but wanted to share my experience.

This has also been my experance. Only the two of us will use the points that we get for the other adult that only eats CS meals.
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Lizziejane said:
wazzo...I'd only be adding DDP to one room...so the snack, counter service and table service credit per night is only for 2 people. What I"m asking is, if 4 dine together, can 4 TS credits be used from the pool? Or could only 2 TS credits be used, and 2 of us pay cash?

This might be tricky. It seems to depend on the restaurant and the CM at the time. Some restaurants will only allow the number TS credits for the number of Adults/Children listed on your card. So, if your sons card only states 2 adults then that is all the credits they will allow you to use. Good luck.

Thanks for sharing your experiences jonimice and lyzziesmom (My DD is a Lizzie!). I guess I'll just see how it goes. Meanwhile, I'm going to be one of those awful people holding several ADR's I may or may not use. I try to do the right thing, really I do, but sometimes Disney makes it so hard!

Thanks again,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter