DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

He who breaks into your home on Christmas Eve to leave presents....so leaving presents kind of excuses the whole breaking and entering thing

:laughing:

Maybe he breaks in, then looks around and feels sorry for us, and ends up leaving stuff out of pity.

Morning boys from a ticked off London. Had to cancel the Canada trip in 2 weeks due the extra restrictions on coming in.

Looks like I'm going to be out about 900 with cancellation charges.

Well....that sucks.

Whadaya know. It's Monday for me too, this week

Wait, is that allowed? I feel like the planets are aligned somehow.

Adulting is hard. I get banged up just getting out of bed.

Still trying to figure out how that happens.

We used to have a group of guys that would donate money to the school's athletic department and we'd play once or twice a week in a high school gym in our county. They got a new AD a couple of years ago and he stopped letting us do that.

It's good to see the Fun Police are alive and well!

Maybe he breaks in, then looks around and feels sorry for us, and ends up leaving stuff out of pity.

Well....that sucks.
That is does my friend. But the hotel that I thought would charge me waived everything and fully refunded me, so I'm out clean. Good on them, they didn't have to do that, so I will be on their twitter later bigging them up.

That is does my friend. But the hotel that I thought would charge me waived everything and fully refunded me, so I'm out clean. Good on them, they didn't have to do that, so I will be on their twitter later bigging them up.

Well, I'm glad to hear that! Good on them, for sure.

Good! I mean... reputable/decent places should make exceptions for Covid. It will pay off for them in the long run, I think.

Morning, fellas! My two brother, an uncle (my mom's youngest brother), and I are planning a surprise birthday party/gathering for my mom in March, and I just got word yesterday that I'll get the time off, so I can purchase tickets to fly out there. Wweee! So excited. My mom doesn't know a thing, unless my little brother somehow let's it slip that we're coming. I don't usually plan two big trips out to New Mexico in one year, but mom turns 80 only once, so.... She deserves it. The best part of this whole thing, ok, other than mom turning 80, is that both my wife and DD are off of school that same time frame, the wife teaches at DD's school, so no having to pull one or both out of school. Now I just have to find some good airfare. Things are going well at work. Yesterday was steady all day so it made the day go by pretty quickly. Well, heading out, fellas. Have a good day.

TTFN

Morning boys from a ticked off London. Had to cancel the Canada trip in 2 weeks due the extra restrictions on coming in.

Looks like I'm going to be out about 900 with cancellation charges.

Sorry to hear it, man, that sucks.

Just check in at the book of faces and this memory popped up. Man I miss those days.

View attachment 628487

That's a great photo.

Whadaya know. It's Monday for me too, this week

Whoa! What just happened?! The matrix must be broken or something. We'll take it. Happy Monday to you.

Okay, that's pretty awesome. :)

It's fun, not as big as others that are out there, but still fun to do.

He breaks into your home? Fat man just comes down my chimney. Doesn't break a thing to get in.

Oh the fat man comes down out chimney as well, but it's still breaking and entering. HOWEVER, he leaves presents, so I generally excuse his illegal behavior.

YOU ARRESTED SANTA?????

Then again, if he's breaking into your homes...

He is a habitual offender. So..... :teeth:

Nice. Specializing? Or general?

This one is more dance related, but I have taken others that are general. As a side note, I just uploaded a bunch of pictures to my photography page on book face of the dress rehearsal of The Nutcracker, so I love dance and photography. And this is all online, which is nice because I watch the videos early in the morning when no one's awake, so I'm not taking away from anything.

Adulting is hard. I get banged up just getting out of bed.

Not to mention the new sounds that your body makes as you get older.

:rotfl2:

Wait, is that allowed? I feel like the planets are aligned somehow.

I think it's more like the Matrix is broken.

That's awesome!

Good morning my friends. Hope Monday was kind to you and the week is going well. Today should be a calm day a work...hopefully. Still trying to catchup from my day off on Friday. I never understand why it takes so long to recover from one day off, let alone a whole week.

Morning, fellas! My two brother, an uncle (my mom's youngest brother), and I are planning a surprise birthday party/gathering for my mom in March, and I just got word yesterday that I'll get the time off, so I can purchase tickets to fly out there. Wweee! So excited. My mom doesn't know a thing, unless my little brother somehow let's it slip that we're coming. I don't usually plan two big trips out to New Mexico in one year, but mom turns 80 only once, so.... She deserves it. The best part of this whole thing, ok, other than mom turning 80, is that both my wife and DD are off of school that same time frame, the wife teaches at DD's school, so no having to pull one or both out of school. Now I just have to find some good airfare. Things are going well at work. Yesterday was steady all day so it made the day go by pretty quickly. Well, heading out, fellas. Have a good day.

TTFN

Morning sir. Sounds like a great opportunity to visit family. Glad the schedule is working out!

Morning guys. It’s crazy how fast a week off goes. I’m on my last day off before going back to work for a couple weeks. I’ve mostly kept busy this past week with Christmas-ing, (begrudgingly) doing some shopping and more happily baking a few batches of cookies.
Looks like the first big winter snow storm is due to hit here Thursday. I’m working from home anyway but DW has to go to work and DD has an exam scheduled at university so I’m more concerned with them getting around. I guess her exam might be cancelled but we’ll have to see how bad it gets.
Hope everyone is doing ok.

Morning all from a chilly Douglas.

Weather is crazy right now; for the last few days it has gone back and forth between +13C and -20C with lots of wind, rain and freezing rain thrown in just for fun.

Crappy day as we had to cancel our March cruise last night. With the new rules that our government put in place we can't take the chance of DW having to isolate for 1 to 3 days when we return. So instead of getting in deeper by buying out plane tickets we bit the bullet and canceled. The only good thing is that the amount we did pay was moved to a cruise we have booked for 2023.

Booster shot day for me as our school case counts keep going up here. With DW being in the schools, it seemed like a good idea for me to get the booster.

Have a good one all.

and I just got word yesterday that I'll get the time off, so I can purchase tickets to fly out there. Wweee! So excited. My mom doesn't know a thing, unless my little brother somehow let's it slip that we're coming. I don't usually plan two big trips out to New Mexico in one year, but mom turns 80 only once, so.... She deserves it. The best part of this whole thing, ok, other than mom turning 80, is that both my wife and DD are off of school that same time frame, the wife teaches at DD's school, so no having to pull one or both out of school.
That's fantastic. Do a search for fare alerts. I think a couple of the online ones do it where it will monitor and alert if a good price comes along.

I’ve mostly kept busy this past week with Christmas-ing, (begrudgingly) doing some shopping and more happily baking a few batches of cookies.
Looks like the first big winter snow storm is due to hit here Thursday.
My Christmasing this year is mostly gift cards. Several people are very difficult to shop for and I hate shopping, so gift cards and they can get what they want.

Weather is crazy right now; for the last few days it has gone back and forth between +13C and -20C with lots of wind, rain and freezing rain thrown in just for fun.
Practicing for Germany....
Thats 55 to -4F
Big swing and must be rough especially when the precipitation is thrown in. :sad:

Crappy day as we had to cancel our March cruise last night. With the new rules that our government put in place we can't take the chance of DW having to isolate for 1 to 3 days when we return. So instead of getting in deeper by buying out plane tickets we bit the bullet and canceled. The only good thing is that the amount we did pay was moved to a cruise we have booked for 2023.
That sucks, but at least you won't lose the money. I had a cruise scheduled for April...we were gonna cruise for our friend's birthday, but turned out it would have been our 36th anniversary as well. Will lose my initial deposit and rest will be credit. Luckily they cruise in Europe also.

My two brother, an uncle (my mom's youngest brother), and I are planning a surprise birthday party/gathering for my mom in March, and I just got word yesterday that I'll get the time off, so I can purchase tickets to fly out there. Wweee! So excited. My mom doesn't know a thing, unless my little brother somehow let's it slip that we're coming. I don't usually plan two big trips out to New Mexico in one year, but mom turns 80 only once, so.... She deserves it. The best part of this whole thing, ok, other than mom turning 80, is that both my wife and DD are off of school that same time frame, the wife teaches at DD's school, so no having to pull one or both out of school.
Very nice. :)
Both my parents turned 90 this year. Due to their ages, we toned it down a bit, but still celebrated with them.
He is a habitual offender. So..... :teeth:
This one is more dance related, but I have taken others that are general. As a side note, I just uploaded a bunch of pictures to my photography page on book face of the dress rehearsal of The Nutcracker, so I love dance and photography. And this is all online, which is nice because I watch the videos early in the morning when no one's awake, so I'm not taking away from anything.
Nice. How do I find you on FB?
Not to mention the new sounds that your body makes as you get older.
::yes::
Hope Monday was kind to you and the week is going well.
Nope. Waiting on a Covid test for DD as 4 of her kids in her class have come down with it.
It’s crazy how fast a week off goes.
An unfortunate truism.
happily baking a few batches of cookies.
Nice!
I need to get my baking done pretty soon. I have 3 days coming up starting Saturday and hope to do it then. If not... then it won't happen this year.
Whoa! Pretty wide swings there.
Crappy day as we had to cancel our March cruise last night.
:(
Sorry to hear that.
Seems like cancellations are the new norm around here.
With the new rules that our government put in place we can't take the chance of DW having to isolate for 1 to 3 days when we return.
Get it.
The only good thing is that the amount we did pay was moved to a cruise we have booked for 2023.
Slight consolation.
Booster shot day for me as our school case counts keep going up here.
Oh! My day that I was eligible was yesterday (but didn't have time), maybe I can get that done after work today. Will check into that right now.

Morning guys. It’s crazy how fast a week off goes. I’m on my last day off before going back to work for a couple weeks. I’ve mostly kept busy this past week with Christmas-ing, (begrudgingly) doing some shopping and more happily baking a few batches of cookies.
Looks like the first big winter snow storm is due to hit here Thursday. I’m working from home anyway but DW has to go to work and DD has an exam scheduled at university so I’m more concerned with them getting around. I guess her exam might be cancelled but we’ll have to see how bad it gets.
praying

Hey, Fellas! Hope the week is going well. I was asked to head to another office this morning, which is down Cape, so I have to leave early today, so this will be short. Have a good day, everyone. Bourbon, bacon, & Mickey Bars.

TTFN

Good morning my friends. Hope Monday was kind to you and the week is going well. Today should be a calm day a work...hopefully. Still trying to catchup from my day off on Friday. I never understand why it takes so long to recover from one day off, let alone a whole week.

The week's going good so far. Always nice when work cooperates and allows you to play catch up.

Morning sir. Sounds like a great opportunity to visit family. Glad the schedule is working out!

It really is. We visited them back in August, but this will be a surprise and I can't wait.

Praying things aren't too bad for you.

That's fantastic. Do a search for fare alerts. I think a couple of the online ones do it where it will monitor and alert if a good price comes along.

That's a good idea. I'll have to set that up.

My Christmasing this year is mostly gift cards. Several people are very difficult to shop for and I hate shopping, so gift cards and they can get what they want.

We're way behind in out Christmas gifts this year, so I think that's what's going to wind up happening.

Very nice. :)
Both my parents turned 90 this year. Due to their ages, we toned it down a bit, but still celebrated with them.

:thumbsup2

Nice. How do I find you on FB?

Now that we're connected on book face, just search my name with photography...or, I could just send you an invite, which I just did. I'll also DM you the link.

Nice “meeting” you onFB, CCT.
I don’t use Messenger though, but did see the first couple dance shots. Very good. And I know. What lens/ISO did you use?

For the ballet, I used a Canon 70-200mm usm. Because I have an 80D, with a crop sensor, the 70 mm is more like 112mm, so I couldn't get the full stage, but it's a great lens for that shoot.

It’s crazy how fast a week off goes.

::yes:: Always. It's really not fair.

Crappy day as we had to cancel our March cruise last night.

That sucks. I'm signed up for one in April that I really don't want to go on. Want to take that one?

I think gift cards are an awesome gift. Most of the stuff I really want is too expensive for me to ask someone to give me, so a gift card is something I can apply towards those items instead. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter