DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hope all enjoyed the extended weekend.
So, Tuesday is a Monday this week, but Thursday is my Friday. Or, happy 3 day week to me. Movie day at school for my youngest. Ready for the school year to be be over and get on that plane.
Looking forward to your trip as well as that means I am 4 weeks away from ours. Hope the knee does not create any challenges for you.
A non league game. Everyone just rocks up and plays. What do you call that?
A recreational league or a pick-up game

Crud. Work has caught up to my shenanigans and blocked Disboards via my laptop. Seems like my phone still gets through on wifi though. Rough to multiquote with a phone but it actually worked today...

when we meeting for a beer then?
We definitely need to meet up. Not sure when. You’re staying at the Poly? Trader Sams would be cool...

I'm considered a Global CM so I do wear several different costumes around WDW. I'm not a character.
Welcome! Interesting to have someone around with your insight.

My wife and I will then take the girls ourselves to WDW for about 8 days staying at the Art of Animation
I stayed in a Nemo suite, my family loved the resort.

Not a good start with the holiday weekend as internet is out at the house. I suspect an uprising from the dds soon.
I think blood would be spilled at my place if the internet was gone.

Anyone planning to go to TSL around opening day?
I won’t be there until August, but I guess the crowds will still be bad then. Not looking forward to that part.

We are there in August, and we are toying with swerving it completely. Slinky dog looks ok, but the rest looks a bit meh.
I’m going for it. Youngest DD is excited about Slinky Dog and we’ll try to do the Alien Saucers just to say we did. I’m not that excited about it but would like to see it anyway.

I got my FP for the Slinky coaster and will probably try to hit Toy Story Mania at rope drop. If I can do both of those I'll consider it a win for the day.
I’m trying for the same thing, hoping to take advantage of the morning EMH when I can.

Thanks, I'm guessing that the WL is your favorite WDW resort. It's mine as well. It was my first assignment 22 years ago, many, many fond memories. I had to go there last night.

I keep going back and forth between WL and AKL as my favorite (same architect, so it makes sense). They're both stunning buildings.

Crud. Work has caught up to my shenanigans and blocked Disboards via my laptop. Seems like my phone still gets through on wifi though. Rough to multiquote with a phone but it actually worked today...

That stinks. I gave up on multi-quoting by phone. I don't have time for that!

I’m trying for the same thing, hoping to take advantage of the morning EMH when I can.

I just hope it's not like Avatar where it's so overwhelmed even before rope drop officially starts.

A non league game. Everyone just rocks up and plays. What do you call that?

Open court time. Our tennis "social" league called "drop shots" even requires registration.

Looking forward to your trip as well as that means I am 4 weeks away from ours. Hope the knee does not create any challenges for you.

Still waiting for insurance, so I just put the crutch down. I can only go up or down stairs one at a time without pain, but i am able to walk smoothly enough with a limp without the crutch.

Crud. Work has caught up to my shenanigans and blocked Disboards via my laptop. Seems like my phone still gets through on wifi though. Rough to multiquote with a phone but it actually worked today.

I think blood would be spilled at my place if the internet was gone.
n.

Everyone survived, with no more blood being spilled than usual. Stinks to here about work - maybe blood should be spilled.

I keep going back and forth between WL and AKL as my favorite (same architect, so it makes sense). They're both stunning buildings.

::yes::

Theming is great at both. WL has the water bridge. AKL has animals and Jiko, so I'll go with that one.

Crud. Work has caught up to my shenanigans and blocked Disboards via my laptop.
So that's Rob and Jeff's bosses on the 007 hitlist. Jeez, I'm gonna be busy next week.
Open court time. Our tennis "social" league called "drop shots" even requires registration.
Our club league does as well, this is just a couple of hours, a dozen or so turn up and its doubles, singles, whatever suits. No record of match, one set.
They're both stunning buildings.
Yep, both impressive lobbies in particular.
That stinks. I gave up on multi-quoting by phone. I don't have time for that!
I struggle with single quote by phone.
Tennis camp sounds fun for me.
We put him down for one day, he's now doing all 3. He loved it. So that's cool.

Evening Guys from the Westin Hotel in beautiful downtown Halifax Nova Scotia. Had a couple of meetings on the way here and tomorrow I have a full day symposium before heading home on Thursday. Travel again next week for 3 days. Good times.

Evening Guys from the Westin Hotel in beautiful downtown Halifax Nova Scotia. Had a couple of meetings on the way here and tomorrow I have a full day symposium before heading home on Thursday. Travel again next week for 3 days. Good times.
Skip the symposium and take the tour at Alexander Keith's.

Morning chaps. Swim this morning, Lady K is sick so no tennis, as my sessions clashed with the kids ending theirs. Hey Ho.
Norm must be on 48hrs by now, so enjoy that countdown mate.

beautiful downtown Halifax Nova Scotia
I always wanted to go there, never got around to it. We had it on the itinerary once, but we ended up staying put in Bar Harbor.

Not much going on today, so I'll leave it there.
Have a great day boys.

Morning all. Payday and 48 hour countdown making it a pleasant day, despite hurricane Alberto over top my house right now.

We put him down for one day, he's now doing all 3. He loved it. So that's cool.

Glad he enjoyed it.

Skip the symposium and take the tour at Alexander Keith's.

Ok, so I need Canadian translation. Alexander Keith's?

I have done that a few times.

Just don't let that evil boss catch you, or he'll end up on 007's list.

I always wanted to go there, never got around to it. We had it on the itinerary once, but we ended up staying put in Bar Harbor.

DW wants to make a trip to Niagara Falls and then maybe on into Canada. I told her it's just ice and penguins, and Canada in WS is way more enjoyable. Still, that's on a future vacation list some day.

I just hope it's not like Avatar where it's so overwhelmed even before rope drop officially starts.
That how Carsland was too
I can’t see Toy Story having the draw that Avatar or Cars did. Not so much the IP popularity but the attractions aren’t as exciting. At least I hope it’s not as crazy.

Evening Guys from the Westin Hotel in beautiful downtown Halifax Nova Scotia.
Halifax is a great place to spend a few days.
I’ve actually never done the brewery tour. I’m not much of a beer drinker.
I did tour the Glenora whiskey distillery in Cape Breton. Nice scenery but a bit out of the way.

You should try getting there someday. Despite being a “rival” eastern Canadian port city to my hometown, I have to tip my hat to Halifax.

Thunderstorms in the forecast for today. Hoping not.... the dogs get so scared.
Heavy rain and wind here today too. Our cat was a bit skittish this morning. Hope the dogs do ok.

Payday and 48 hour countdown making it a pleasant day, despite hurricane Alberto over top my house right now.
Hope the weather doesn’t get too rough. Gotta love that countdown.

I told her it's just ice and penguins, and Canada in WS is way more enjoyable. Still, that's on a future vacation list some day.
The ice melts for a week or so in July. Sun comes out on a Thursday. Plan your visit for that day.

Hurricane Alberto, must have restrengthen over Kentucky.

25 mph winds and lots of rain. We aren't equipped to handle adverse weather well though, as we close the state when it snows.

I can’t see Toy Story having the draw that Avatar or Cars did. Not so much the IP popularity but the attractions aren’t as exciting. At least I hope it’s not as crazy.

The ice melts for a week or so in July. Sun comes out on a Thursday. Plan your visit for that day.

Thanks for the Canadian weather tour guide. I'm surprised Avatar has the same draw. It was an ok movie from years ago. I would have thought Disney would have went with Jungle Book with its recent release. But, i guess that's why they are Disney.

One of the oldest breweries in North America.
They do a tour. It's campy but fun.
Free beer (not a lot, but a glass or two) at the end of it.

Alexander Keith's Brewery

Thanks for the translation.

Are you getting points to use when you are on vacations?

I keep forgetting that the boards are still active here - shame on me! Howdy everyone and welcome to any new guys.

Anyone planning to go to TSL around opening day?
We are going to WDW June 28 - July 8. We are planning on hitting up TSL on July 1st - the day after it officially opens. We will be in line for the 7:00 am opening that day. We got FastPasses for the *** (why would they name it Alien Swirling Saucers knowing the community abbreviates everything?! Did they not learn from All Star Sports?!). We had to settle for the SDD (Slinky Dog Dash) FastPass on our second DHS day (July 4th.) My wife wanted to go to DHS on opening day of TSL, but I talked her out of it. It will be crazy enough on the second day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter