• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yes, that lemon vodka slush in Epcot is a must do. I like to get a slush, drink it while i wait in line in that bakery in the back, get a croissant, and then go get another vodka slush. :drinking1
Have you tried the Grand Marnier slush as well? That was pretty good...
The storm is just coming through so we are camped in our room, aiming to get to MK for 130.

The storm is just coming through so we are camped in our room, aiming to get to MK for 130.
I think I'd enjoy that one. Don't care much for lemon, so I'll leave those for y'all, but Grand Marnier or Cherry Marnier and now we're talking!

I think I'd enjoy that one. Don't care much for lemon, so I'll leave those for y'all, but Grand Marnier or Cherry Marnier and now we're talking!
It's from the same cart in France, in case you fancy one when you're down here.

You speak for yourself. :rolleyes1
Sorry, forgot you are still at DaWorld - not use to 3 week long visits 8-)
Stay safe up there with Emily coming by. Hope it doesn't affect park hours.
Cheers bud I think it's gonna pass through in a bit. It was pretty ropey weather up here yesterday, so we sacked off Fantasmic. Didn't fancy standing in that Bus Q for the hotel. We should be out of MK by about 8 tonight, BOG for dinner, giving it one last chance. On the tonga toast this morning, and Kath is already on the mimosas. Kath made the point this morning that the Poly seems to be the hotel where adult beverages are the most encouraged....
Be safe down there guys.

Is it still Monday? :lmao:

Did you get any takers Norm?

One more. Still two to go.

Cheers bud I think it's gonna pass through in a bit. It was pretty ropey weather up here yesterday, so we sacked off Fantasmic. Didn't fancy standing in that Bus Q for the hotel. We should be out of MK by about 8 tonight, BOG for dinner, giving it one last chance. On the tonga toast this morning, and Kath is already on the mimosas. Kath made the point this morning that the Poly seems to be the hotel where adult beverages are the most encouraged....

Poly does have a good amount of bars/ lounges. Boardwalk isn't bad either, if you count walking to the neighboring resorts.

Yes, they have the top shelf with Grey Goose and Grand Marnier. The lemon one is a close 2nd. The orange one is not very good.

Sorry, forgot you are still at DaWorld - not use to 3 week long visits 8-)

I'm hoping to do a two or three week stay one year. It would have to be in points cheap time, once dds are out of school and on their own.

Looking at the radar, it seems like it's affecting y'all pretty good further south too. So ya'll stay safe as well!

Be safe down there guys.

We got a bunch of rain but that was about it. Some localized flooding in Broward. Luckily it wasn't a big wind event so we are good to go. Good luck up there Dan, I think you are in for some more rain.

Well, Monday was going along smoothly until after tennis, and I find a flat tire. I'm going to show my daughter how to change a tire. After I change it the tire, th spare is flat. So, I ended up having to call AAA. Now, I have more errands to run tomorrow. :badpc:

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much going on here of significance so guess that's a good thing. Working through month end closing and such which is a lot of desk work so it's a listen to music or whatever day and Dpark Radio started my morning off at the office with Reflections of Earth which helps get the day off to a good start. Have a good one gents.
Poly does have a good amount of bars/ lounges. Boardwalk isn't bad either, if you count walking to the neighboring resorts.

I'm hoping to do a two or three week stay one year. It would have to be in points cheap time, once dds are out of school and on their own.
Don't forget with Boardwalk you also have just a short walk to World Showcase. Gonna come close to two weeks next year with 4 night cruise and 7 nights at DaWorld but have 4th of July holiday in there or would be tough with work for that long. I wanted to just do 11 nights at DaWorld but DW & DS really love DCL so decided to split it up a bit. Not sure if longer stays or multiple stays is the way to go. I know it costs more with flights / travel costs.

We got a bunch of rain but that was about it. Some localized flooding in Broward. Luckily it wasn't a big wind event so we are good to go. Good luck up there Dan, I think you are in for some more rain.
Sunday was much worse than yesterday. Looks like there's a bit coming over at 5, we should be in a bus on our way to AKL for some dinner then, so hopefully miss most of the deluge.
Take it easy down there buddy

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much going on here of significance so guess that's a good thing. Working through month end closing and such which is a lot of desk work so it's a listen to music or whatever day and Dpark Radio started my morning off at the office with Reflections of Earth which helps get the day off to a good start. Have a good one gents.

Don't forget with Boardwalk you also have just a short walk to World Showcase. Gonna come close to two weeks next year with 4 night cruise and 7 nights at DaWorld but have 4th of July holiday in there or would be tough with work for that long. I wanted to just do 11 nights at DaWorld but DW & DS really love DCL so decided to split it up a bit. Not sure if longer stays or multiple stays is the way to go. I know it costs more with flights / travel costs.
I think we are gonna try a 3 day WDW/7 Beach/4 day WDW split next year. The kids are really struggling this week I think at their age they need to come out of the bubble and chill for a few days. Which may give us a few options to try other resorts, as it was for just a week, we'd hit the Poly every time.

Well, Monday was going along smoothly until after tennis, and I find a flat tire. I'm going to show my daughter how to change a tire. After I change it the tire, th spare is flat. So, I ended up having to call AAA. Now, I have more errands to run tomorrow. :badpc:
Well that sucks. I'm terrible at checking things like that in the car.

Afternoon Guys.

Quick check-in from a practice gym with our Men's basketball team. I am working with both our men and women's teams this week at the Games, both are playing in the quarter-finals later today. I think it is my excellent skills as a sport liaison that has gotten them this far. ;)

Haven't gone back to check through here but have seen a few Facebook updates. I see Dan has purchased a lifetime worth of memories, well done Sir!

The athlete's village is located on the campus of the University of Manitoba and to paraphrase one of Norm's lines - it's good to be on campus during the summer months.

Later all, prayers for those in need and congrats to those deserving.

Still overcast and raining so the backyard project is still on hold. Hopefully tomorrow.

UPDATE: Two lightning strikes within seconds just hit the block over. Not sure if their transformer got hit again. Pretty cool but it scared the crap out of the mutt I did not want.

Man that sucks.

Don't forget with Boardwalk you also have just a short walk to World Showcase. Gonna come close to two weeks next year with 4 night cruise and 7 nights at DaWorld but have 4th of July holiday in there or would be tough with work for that long. I wanted to just do 11 nights at DaWorld but DW & DS really love DCL so decided to split it up a bit. Not sure if longer stays or multiple stays is the way to go.

Good point on the World Showcase, especially during food and wine. Sucks that you had to relent and go on the cruise instead. Not! Good plan you got there.

I think we are gonna try a 3 day WDW/7 Beach/4 day WDW split next year. The kids are really struggling this week I think at their age they need to come out of the bubble and chill for a few days. Which may give us a few options to try other resorts, as it was for just a week, we'd hit the Poly every time.

Back in the day when we hit the parks heavy and the kid was younger, we would do an R&R day at the resort. Nice to break it up. Vero has a nice beach, just saying.

Quick check-in from a practice gym with our Men's basketball team. I am working with both our men and women's teams this week at the Games, both are playing in the quarter-finals later today. I think it is my excellent skills as a sport liaison that has gotten them this far. ;)

Seeing your posts on FB. Looks like a lot of work but it seems you are enjoying yourself.

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday. Tire is plugged. Scheduled oil change for my other car tomorrow. All my work is done for the week. I'm taking tomorrow off. Now, I need to figure out something to do.

How could I forget. That's a good plan for DCL. I guess I will take a cruise eventually. Maybe.

Sounds good. DVC has a beach resort about 90 minutes east of WDW. It is Vero Beach Resort. You can book with your points there at 7 months. The points to stay there are lower than Poly. Or, you might consider a 1 BR and have the extra room and space while staying there. Not sure how many points you bought, but I would recommend booking the time at Poly at 11 months out and change the points you need during the middle part of your stay at Vero at 7 months. Also, I think you can book a DVC room for cash for a discount as a DVC member. Good luck with your vacation planning.

The athlete's village is located on the campus of the University of Manitoba and to paraphrase one of Norm's lines - it's good to be on campus during the summer months.

Saw that you broke a rim during basketball game today. Way to go there, Shaq. Glad to hear the snow left Canada long enough on campus for the :goodvibes:goodvibes to pop out. Any pictures? :lmao:

Still overcast and raining so the backyard project is still on hold. Hopefully tomorrow.

Keep dry.

That's sound like a lifetime of memories as well mate. Following you in the other place, enjoy.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Cubs have finally gotten their act together but still a long way to go. Summer is wrapping up as DS will be heading back to school in a couple of weeks but that means college football is just that much closer :cool1:
Afternoon Guys.

Haven't gone back to check through here but have seen a few Facebook updates. I see Dan has purchased a lifetime worth of memories, well done Sir!

Later all, prayers for those in need and congrats to those deserving.
Been seeing your posts at the other place, looks like you are enjoying :thumbsup2

Happy Wednesday. Oil change, haircut, laundry. Taking the girls to see new Spiderman movie today. My turn to sit out tennis tonight. I haven't been going to the gym and using my toe as an excuse. It still hurts and hasn't healed.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Cubs have finally gotten their act together but still a long way to go. Summer is wrapping up as DS will be heading back to school in a couple of weeks but that means college football is just that much closer :cool1:

Mine start next week. What happened to after Labor Day?

Did school schedules yesterday and today for both dds, as it starts next week. Oldest got a crap HS schedule, and we are having the school redo it.
If you give kids choices and then put them in a class they never selected, even as a 7th round option, is there a surprise when complaints are made? Government work at its finest. :furious: They put my oldest in Intro to Greenhouse (not on list) over selected electives of business, leadership, art, or Spanish. Really. There wasn't one freaking opening in any of those multiple classes of electives? I am amazed at their stupidity.

Youngest dd got a decent enough schedule. There's two crap teachers in there my oldest dealt with, but not much we can do there. Plus, if she gets moved from those classes, it would screw up the others. Her homeroom and one other class teacher is one of our neighbors who likes both my girls. So she gets a break there.

Happy Wednesday. Oil change, haircut, laundry. Taking the girls to see new Spiderman movie today. My turn to sit out tennis tonight. I haven't been going to the gym and using my toe as an excuse. It still hurts and hasn't healed.

Mine start next week. What happened to after Labor Day?

Did school schedules yesterday and today for both dds, as it starts next week. Oldest got a crap HS schedule, and we are having the school redo it.
If you give kids choices and then put them in a class they never selected, even as a 7th round option, is there a surprise when complaints are made? Government work at its finest. :furious: They put my oldest in Intro to Greenhouse (not on list) over selected electives of business, leadership, art, or Spanish. Really. There wasn't one freaking opening in any of those multiple classes of electives? I am amazed at their stupidity.

Youngest dd got a decent enough schedule. There's two crap teachers in there my oldest dealt with, but not much we can do there. Plus, if she gets moved from those classes, it would screw up the others. Her homeroom and one other class teacher is one of our neighbors who likes both my girls. So she gets a break there.

Yesterday was the day for high school students to request class changes today. DS got a pretty decent schedule, but he did wind up needing to shuffle things around, so that took a couple of hours of waiting in line. He and Rach also spent 4 hours at the DMV yesterday so that he could get his learners permit. Made me feel better about having a long day at work.

The kid GOT A JOB. They hired her yesterday to work in the lab doing something with the equipment. Primarily I think is making sure used things like petri dishes go through a cleaning and sterilization process. Twenty hours a week.

A couple of pics from this week...

Her research paper is a study of bacteria in sharks comparing healthy areas on the shark to damaged ones. Here she is taking a sample (the blue thing in her hand is used to get the sample).

The samples are then processed in the lab. The original sample is placed on a dish containing a medium that allows it to grow. Different bacteria start growing and samples of each are put into separate dishes. These 9 samples are all from one shark.

Happy Tuesday. Tire is plugged. Scheduled oil change for my other car tomorrow. All my work is done for the week. I'm taking tomorrow off. Now, I need to figure out something to do.

How about start the weekend early?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter