DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Friday. It's been a productive week. I'm still working too hard though, and need to figure out how to avoid that. Played tennis with my daughter and some of her HS teammates. I also got tagged to coach her 14U team tennis tournament next weekend. I didn't get a lotto ticket this week. Anyone want to run out and get me the winning ticket?

'

Now then, I've a question for y'all.
It seems that Photobucket has taken to blocking all third party linking.
They are now expecting you to actually pay them something resembling money for hosting images
(the nerve of some businesses :rolleyes:)

Needless to say this development has fouled up a few things, like my Sig for starters (which ain't a big deal) but it's made a right mess of my TRs (and whether or not I've been good about updating them is beside the point for now). So the question is:

What image hosting sites do y'all use or recommend and how straight forward or convoluted are they to work with?

All my current trip reports are just uploaded directly to the DisBoards. But, that has shortened my LIVE trip reports since I have to resize the images.

You would need to resize all the files to upload directly, most would be way too big and you will get the message that the server can't process them.

You're an IT guy? Is there an app for that? Or, can you create one and give me 10% of the revenue for giving you the idea? :lmao:

Always ready, Norm. OK boys, thats it. Whistle time. I'm calling it. Work week over. All out. Everyone round Jeff's in an hour, he said it's fine, apparently the missus is otherwise engaged. And dress up real nice, coz it's time to hit Karaoke Kops in St Johns. And let me tell ya, in Karaoke Kops, fun is the law, according to the website. Bonus beer for the best rendition of "You Outta Know","Summer of 69", or "Sk8ter Boi".

Sadly, it's Miller Lite here. It's my new diet drink. :sad2:

I pull up the photo, right-click on it, and then click "copy image address". Then I put the link into the image embed command on this page.

Mark, you still use a computer? :lmao:

Wow this little short sub thread is a little weird to me. I used to deal with Photobucket in the professional sense. I don't think this was a case of lets get people hooked and then switch it on them. They have had free ad supported models for over 10 years. I think this change was more a result of ad revenue dropping off, and a new round of investment bringing in people that are trying to help make them a more sustainable business.

That being said I use photobucket and google images currently.

:wave: Ryan. You're a big photo guy. Good time to have you drop by for a conversation.

Last edited:
Well DD and her group danced in Epcot last night. She did a great job. DW got on Facebook live for me. A bit blurry through the tears, but at least I got the idea. Drowned my sorrows with the old stand by, spiced rum and Pepsi.

So which take out gets the order tonight? Or maybe one of those family friendly spots on George St?
Ches' fin & feather on the menu last night (figure that one out!)
My George Street days are far behind me. I've had a nice patio lunch there on a Thursday, but a Friday night, nah.

Always ready, Norm. OK boys, thats it. Whistle time. I'm calling it. Work week over. All out. Everyone round Jeff's in an hour, he said it's fine, apparently the missus is otherwise engaged. And dress up real nice, coz it's time to hit Karaoke Kops in St Johns. And let me tell ya, in Karaoke Kops, fun is the law, according to the website. Bonus beer for the best rendition of "You Outta Know","Summer of 69", or "Sk8ter Boi".
And then, I don't care how far the drive is, we are all going for eats at the D1ldo Dory Grill in New Harbour. Unless Google Maps are having me on, this is a place. I can't think of anywhere better to get my fill, than D1ldo Dory Grill.
Well y'all didn't show up. And I bought the big bottle of spiced rum. Maybe next weekend. Still wasn't drinking enough to get me up for Karaoke. Been many years since that happened.

As for google maps, no, they aren't having you on. You really can get filled at the D1ldo Dory Grill. I've never been but driven past their sign on the highway (obvious advertising opportunity).

Interesting side story. After Carrie Fisher's untimely passing, I saw an article from the NY Times her trip to Newfoundland and her fascination with the gift shop in the town of D1ldo. True story. And that's the kind of lady she was. Sad that she's gone.

If you are interested in the article google New York Times Screech and Tell (I can't figure out how to copy the link on my phone)

All I see with your photo is a "restricted" symbol. :rotfl2:
Well, if Darcy's photo is rated R, we probably didn't want to see it anyway.

Last edited:
Well DD and her group danced in Epcot last night. She did a great job. DW got on Facebook live for me. A bit blurry through the tears, but at least I got the idea. Drowned my sorrows with the old stand by, spiced rum and Pepsi.

Ches' fin & feather on the menu last night (figure that one out!)
My George Street days are far behind me. I've had a nice patio lunch there on a Thursday, but a Friday night, nah.

Well, if Darcy's photo is rated R, we probably didn't want to see it anyway.

Great job by your DD, too bad it has gotten so dusty at your place since the DW has been away.

Fish and Chicken from Chester's takeout.

It was one of Timothy's pool pics. @that's nice

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?
4g36_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Shhhh. Everyone's napping. They had a heavy lunch.

Must have had two days of heavy lunches and siesta.

How are you mate? Single digit dance tomorrow....

Doing ok. Knee still hurts, only when I move it. I was able to play tennis on it without thinking about it, but the recovery later that day was rough. I know I need to lose weight which would help, but I'm afraid surgery is in the future. I can't wait for the Poly. DW said that we should just leave tomorrow and see if they had a room.

I don't have that problem because I don't have half a brain. :lmao:
:laughing: Can't say as I've heard that particular mondegreen till now.

EDIT: Well I'll be... apparently that is an actual line from the lyric (and the song just got that much worse)

Not bloody likely, mate...
It'll take some serious bribery before I'd even contemplate the notion of clicking on that link.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter