DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well, no new girlfriend, but he surfaced, just didn't have his cell phone on and no home service. I told DW that we can't move to Florida as I couldn't afford a plane ticket for her to fly back here every time her dad doesn't answer the cell phone. The fireworks started early at our house. :sad2:
Hope you enjoy the rest of the day mate. Good vibes from the mother country.

Well, no new girlfriend, but he surfaced, just didn't have his cell phone on and no home service. I told DW that we can't move to Florida as I couldn't afford a plane ticket for her to fly back here every time her dad doesn't answer the cell phone. The fireworks started early at our house. :sad2:

Glad everything worked out and he is OK.

Early dinner is done. Slow cooked hot dogs on the grill with BBQ sauce. Served then right off the grill into the bun into everyone's mouths. Enjoyed some time in the pool (2 feet deep inflatable) and some beer. Then, watermelon for dessert. It's been a nice, relaxing day.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the day mate. Good vibes from the mother country.

Thanks. No more high treason from me the rest of the day. Your majesty's government had the chance to arrest me in the 80s,but they declined. :lmao:

Glad everything worked out and he is OK.

I was never worried. That's the way he is. Still, the hold he has over DW....:yo-yo:

It's still (or AGAIN) the NBA experience thing. I know there will be some who love NBA and don't care about video games and/or VR things, but I'm the exact opposite. As is the case with most things Disney, some will love it, some will hate it. Loved DQ and have absolutely 0 interest in NBA.

I never had much interest in Disney Quest, and I'm not an NBA fan. So...not really a gain or loss for me.

Took DW and youngest DD to a place called Bell Island. Did a mine tour where they take you into an abandoned iron ore mine. Interesting to see. It also has a WWII history as being the only place in North America to be attacked by German U-boats, trying to cut off the iron supply to the Allies.

That sounds really cool!

how is evryone on this fine day

Hi Carl! Calmer waters, much less drama over here...:rolleyes1

Great Carl! You should stay a while. The air is cleaner over here...

And that.

We don't get one because, let's face it, almost all of the world celebrates its independence from us. And then wants to beat us in sporting events. Which they usually do. In sports we invented. Go figure.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Throw back Tuesday? This is from July 4, 2012. We were stay at Aulani and visited Pearl Harbor on 7-4. A very moving experience.

Agreed. Moving even if you're not there on July 4th.

:drive: Drive by Carl. And that's a great new nickname for him.

I'm seconding this! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well, I'm glad he's ok. And may your own daughters love you just as much.:thumbsup2

Well, I'm glad he's ok. And may your own daughters love you just as much.:thumbsup2

Agreed, and I hope so too. DW is a way better person than I am. Both her parents continue to outwardly favor her brother over her, and yet when they need anything, call her for help. They do not deserve her loyalty.

Well, today was the day I have been dreading for months. DW and DD left for Orlando this morning...without me. :sad:

Refresher, DW and youngest DD are gone on a dance school trip, DD is dancing in a parade at Epcot Friday night (parade is just a marching band and dancers from schools in US and Canada, organized by Dance the World - there isn't a new Epcot parade you don't know about). This has been on the books since October. I originally couldn't go because my old job would have had me working overseas right now. Since taking my new job at home, it's just been too busy and hectic to arrange a week off to go. I really thought about it so many times, but in the end I just couldn't commit to it. Hopefully the workload will ease off eventually and I can plan a family trip to WDW again. I have been trying to convince myself that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much anyway, between thinking of the work piling up at home and the distraction of dance rehearsals and costuming interfering with the Disney side of the trip. Still, my heart broke a little when I dropped them at the airport this morning.

Agreed, and I hope so too. DW is a way better person than I am. Both her parents continue to outwardly favor her brother over her, and yet when they need anything, call her for help. They do not deserve her loyalty.

That certainly makes it a trickier situation. Whether they deserve it or not, at least your DW has a good heart.

Afternoon All,

beautiful day up here in the sunny north. Too bad I'm at work.

DS played in his first basketball game last night since his injury. He managed several short shifts and other than his fitness level he did all right. They have a practice tonight and if he can get through that I think we will be off to a tournament in Halifax this weekend. It was great to see him on the court again.

That bites, it's never easy to be in that position for either of you.

Well, today was the day I have been dreading for months. DW and DD left for Orlando this morning...without me. :sad:

So you are on a steady diet of beer, chicken wings and pizza for the next few days?

Sorry mate, that sucks. But, as Darcy says, Pizza and Beer it is. Maybe you can invite their cousins ice cream and coffee over as well.

DS played in his first basketball game last night since his injury. He managed several short shifts and other than his fitness level he did all right. They have a practice tonight and if he can get through that I think we will be off to a tournament in Halifax this weekend. It was great to see him on the court again.
Good news, how's his confidence on the ankle? I remember when I did mine playing football, my game was off for a good few weeks as I started overcompensating.
That's a great way to look at it, nice one Mark

Evening boys from a 30C London. Trains from the city were crocked, so all the way home on the tube. I've been in Thailand cathouses that smelt better than that tube. Anyway, showered and sitting in the garden of my little piece of England. Happy Days. Have a good evening fellas.

Hey Everyone! It's been a while since I visited this side of the DisDads. Been on the FB site as it's easier with my phone. Hope all are well. I'm going to go back and read all 626 pages now.

Hey Everyone! It's been a while since I visited this side of the DisDads. Been on the FB site as it's easier with my phone. Hope all are well. I'm going to go back and read all 626 pages now.
Welcome back! Get reading, there's a test in 30 mins. No cheating.

Oh man!?! I hate these pop quizzes. Maybe CJ will help me with the hard ones and I'll let him think the Dolphins can beat the Patriots until November. :rolleyes1
Its not often on the internet you see a post about cheating and then one about the Patriots....;) (sorry, couldn't resist)

Last edited:
Its not often on the internet you see a post about cheating and then one about the Patriots....;) (sorry, couldn't resist)

Ha! You caught that. Was wondering if anyone would make the connection. Other than CJ (and Maybe Carl) since they seem to be on the wrong end of the whipping stick.

Ha! You caught that. Was wondering if anyone would make the connection. Other than CJ (and Maybe Carl) since they seem to be on the wrong end of the whipping stick.
I support West Ham mate, I'd need a GPS to find the holding end of the whipping stick.

Happy Wednesday. Made it to both offices today. No tennis tonight as I'm still resting the knee. I've played dd a couple times, but won't have a real test until Saturday.

I really thought about it so many times, but in the end I just couldn't commit to it. Hopefully the workload will ease off eventually and I can plan a family trip to WDW again. I have been trying to convince myself that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much anyway, between thinking of the work piling up at home and the distraction of dance rehearsals and costuming interfering with the Disney side of the trip. Still, my heart broke a little when I dropped them at the airport this morning.

DW has went on a cruise with her friends while I stayed home with both dds. And, like you, I've traveled for work and not been home with the family. I'm not sure how I would do with all three of them gone. I think I enjoy beer and pizza each night while wearing only my West Ham budgie smugglers, binge watching Netflix in between tennis matches.

That certainly makes it a trickier situation. Whether they deserve it or not, at least your DW has a good heart.

::yes:: That's why I married her.

Evening boys from a 30C London. Trains from the city were crocked, so all the way home on the tube. I've been in Thailand cathouses that smelt better than that tube. Anyway, showered and sitting in the garden of my little piece of England. Happy Days. Have a good evening fellas.

Oh no, that's more math. What is that, like 50 degrees American? :lmao: :sad2:

Hey Jim. Good to see you back this way.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

That just applies to their coach, you know, the Hall of Famer that sucked with the Browns. He must have went to coaching school in between teams. Getting lucky in the draft with one of the best QBs of all time sure helped. It's like how Phil Jackson was a great coach with Jordan, Kobe, and Shaq and stunk it up elsewhere.

I support West Ham mate, I'd need a GPS to find the holding end of the whipping stick.

Hey, you didn't get relegated. Put that on a t-shirt. :lmao:

Last edited:
Good news, how's his confidence on the ankle? I remember when I did mine playing football, my game was off for a good few weeks as I started overcompensating.

It was pretty good, seemed to do OK except for his fitness level. After practice tonight he decided to skip this weekend's tournament and get a bit more work in before their last tournament next weekend.

Have you finished yet?

Refresher, DW and youngest DD are gone on a dance school trip, DD is dancing in a parade at Epcot Friday night (parade is just a marching band and dancers from schools in US and Canada, organized by Dance the World - there isn't a new Epcot parade you don't know about). This has been on the books since October. I originally couldn't go because my old job would have had me working overseas right now. Since taking my new job at home, it's just been too busy and hectic to arrange a week off to go. I really thought about it so many times, but in the end I just couldn't commit to it. Hopefully the workload will ease off eventually and I can plan a family trip to WDW again. I have been trying to convince myself that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much anyway, between thinking of the work piling up at home and the distraction of dance rehearsals and costuming interfering with the Disney side of the trip. Still, my heart broke a little when I dropped them at the airport this morning.

That definitely hurts. All of the reasons you listed for missing out are completely understandable, though. Clearly, the only cure is to start planning that trip for next year.

That's a great way to look at it, nice one Mark

:thumbsup2

How far did you get? Page 2?

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Hindenburg_disaster_160.jpg

Oh, the humanity!!!

I have been trying to convince myself that I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much anyway
How is that working out for you??

beautiful day up here in the sunny north. Too bad I'm at work.
I know how you feel. Chamber of Commerce weather here, high is supposed to be under 100F (38C) and humidity is down to 70%.

I'm going to go back and read all 626 pages now.

giphy.gif

I think they owe you. See you in January.

I met Nom's DW and she does have a good heart.

That is good news. Here is to continued progress.

Oh man!?! I hate these pop quizzes. Maybe CJ will help me with the hard ones and I'll let him think the Dolphins can beat the Patriots until November. :rolleyes1

Well played. You win today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter