DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Dan! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #818!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.
I'm pretty sure this is why attendance is down 🖕🤣🤣

Boring Post Alert...
Like I said earlier, I won't be writing anything as involved as a TR, but I've got pics from our latest Dis Adventure, so I'm going to inflict them on y'all.

Feel free to ignore...

So, we decided that it was just possible that Disney hadn't acquired quite enough of our money. That being the case, it must be time to board another one of their cruse ships.
Specifically, the new one.

DCL's Disney Wish.
00 20220919_103312.jpg

00 20220919_144345.jpg

As with anything Disney, is all about the details.
The little thing make quite the difference...

00 20220919_223533.jpg

00 20220919_154108.jpg

00 20220920_233715.jpg

00 20220919_154046.jpg

This also includes the cabins...

00 20220919_140806.jpg

To save a bit of cash in the past we've always gone for interior cabins or maybe one with an "obstructed" view of some type. But as this time around it was just me and the Missus, it was time to splurge a bit and upgrade for the full veranda experience. We actually spent a good bit of time out there and I may well now be spoiled...
00 20220919_224846.jpg

The best part of this was having room service deliver coffee and pastries in the mornings and spending the time out there far, far away from the crowds up at the buffets...

00 20220920_073036.jpg

Failing that - or even after succeeding at that - The was no shortage of excellent coffee just for the asking throughout the ship (and still away from the crowds up in the buffets...
00 20220920_094859.jpg

well, it looks like I've reached the "10 pic limit", so I s'pect I'll need to post this much up and work on a separate post.
You've been warned...
There will be more in a bit
(prepare to ignore even more posts.)

Me again...
You were warned, so at least you should be prepared to switch into full indifference mode, and simply ignore this post.

As for the rest of you foolish mortals, I've got more worthlessness to inflict upon you.
So here goes. First off, the view from our veranda that morning as we were enjoying more room service coffee and pastries...
00 20220920_065753.jpg

This was a 4-day cruse and the only major port of call was Nassau.
Now we've been to this particular port several times in the past so we took the opportunity to let everyone else leave the ship while we just stayed aboard and enjoyed the lack of crowds.
00 20220920_090344.jpg
As you may notice, we found the one spot in the adult area of the ship that include both rocking chairs and shade. The rainbow (which I'm pretty sure everyone else simply missed) was just a bonus (all most as if it was just there for us).

The rest of that day was occupied by time in the various pools, extended stays imbibing in the multiple pubs and lounges (which you've already seen in prior posts), stints playing trivia (because that's a weakness of ours), and of course entertainment (which you're note allowed to take pictures of) and food - glorious food (which you are allowed to take pictures of)...
00 20220922_184806.png
That was the dinner we got in the "Worlds of Marvel" dinning room...

00 20220919_145626.jpg
which also included a fairly entertaining show. Not quite as crowd pleasing as the "Frozen" inspired one in the "Arendelle" dining room, but the humor was more overt (and I was more able to see the show in this spot over the previous one) and it may well have been the best meal of the cruse.

Not that there was any shortage of excellent food...
20220919_133945.jpg
(you may well have seen that one before, but the idea of unlimited Barbeque available a-l-l day long tends to land just a mite on the irresistible side of things.

The next day of the excursion landed up at Castaway Cay.
This time, we did get off the ship for a bit (and ahead of the crowds so we had our choice of spots just for the picking...
00 20220921_125558.jpg

This island also boosts one of the better spots for acquiring spirited liquids...
DSC_0084.JPG

A good long day of relaxing (and of course eating and drinking - cause that's what you do) found us back aboard and of course - being me - relaxing in another of the myriad of bars aboard the ship...
00 20220921_170025.jpg
That one is called "The Rose" and may well be the best of the various bars aboard. Of all of them it certainly boosts the best views and I highly recommend spending some time relaxing here, especially whenever the ship is pulling out of a port (the views are spectacular).

Of course, this being a DCL cruse, there is always a Pirate Night of music, entertainment and of course (a Disney invention) Fireworks at sea...
00 20220921_223338.jpg
(and as a side note, if you cruse on a Carnival ship, I've noticed that they always sail near DCL's ship on their Pirate Nights so that they can also take advantage of the views of the fireworks, so that'll be an added benefit along with it costing less then half the total bucks)

well, I could go on and on about the cruse, but I think I've bothered y'all enough so we'll call it quits right about here. If you ever have the chance, I'd recommend trying one of these little trips. Yes, the other cruse lines are less expensive, but I still think these are worth it. But then again, I'm just a smidgen biased...
00 Untitled.jpg

Afternoon, Fellas! I know I haven't been in the last few mornings, but been working early. Just making a quick stop today as we're getting ready for a house guest, which means lots of cleaning.

Remember a while back when I wrote that my DW kind of flipped out on me about the Disney World trip? Well, I had mentioned to her that a friend of ours wants to go to London for the Coronation of King Charles, that still sounds weird to say. Anyways, I had said that it would be fun to go for an historical moment, but I'd rather watch it from home. I then said, "It would be fun to explore London, but I know it'll never happen." Kind of a zinger to my DW for not wanting to travel. Her response? "Why won't it ever happen? You think I don't like to travel, but I do! Elizabeth, our DD, might be an adult when that happens, but we'll travel." Me, "And when I'm old enough to push a walker with half-tennis balls on the ends." I quickly walked away and didn't see her reaction, or give her a chance to throw anything. Neither one of us have brought it up again, and I certainly won't.

Well, guys, gotta run and clean. Have a good day.

TTFN

Well boys, have we come to the end?

I hope not, I like this board, even though I don't get in very often.

Sorry been awol. Just going through a rough patch.

Hope all is well. Praying.

Nah...it's just quiet and slow.

Been like that for me. I don't get in as often.

By the way, I'm going to be in Baltimore for training next week.

Does this include liquid lunches at a high class gentleman's club? :teeth: I won't say anything if it does. :rolleyes1

Same here. I've been much busier in the last few years with less time for the boards. I always check in, but don't always have something to say.

Sometimes all you have time for is to look. While at work, I'll use my phone and stop in and look around.

Morning, Boys! Didn't get on yesterday as I was cleaning and getting ready for a houseguest....that cancelled on us. Thankfully. Wasn't ready for this one.

So my DW caught me off guard yesterday and asked about the dates for our Disney World trip. I told her that I wasn't thinking of Disney World anymore and hadn't planned anything. She asked why, and, not wanting to cause problems, I told her that things have changed, it's gotten more expensive, blah, blah blah. She said that with DD is turning 10 in December, she wanted to take her before she didn't care. I eventually spilled the beans and said, "Look, I haven't been thinking about it because from the last conversation we had it sounded like you didn't want to go, so I stopped planning." I left it at that, so we'll see if she brings it back up. I'm not one to cut my nose off to spite my face, but I just can't get excited about wanting to go if she's going to be miserable. We'll see.

Well, gotta run. Have a good day, guys.

Morning, Boys! Didn't get on yesterday as I was cleaning and getting ready for a houseguest....that cancelled on us. Thankfully. Wasn't ready for this one.

So my DW caught me off guard yesterday and asked about the dates for our Disney World trip. I told her that I wasn't thinking of Disney World anymore and hadn't planned anything. She asked why, and, not wanting to cause problems, I told her that things have changed, it's gotten more expensive, blah, blah blah. She said that with DD is turning 10 in December, she wanted to take her before she didn't care. I eventually spilled the beans and said, "Look, I haven't been thinking about it because from the last conversation we had it sounded like you didn't want to go, so I stopped planning." I left it at that, so we'll see if she brings it back up. I'm not one to cut my nose off to spite my face, but I just can't get excited about wanting to go if she's going to be miserable. We'll see.

Well, gotta run. Have a good day, guys.

Good luck

Morning, Fellas! How is everyone today? So far everything's going well here on myside.

After the shock of my DW's question, I have to admit to getting annoyed by it, considering her reaction to our last discussion about Disney. However, after that discussion, I have warmed up to the idea of the trip and am starting to look into it. I'm looking into the hotel options, both on property and off. Any off-site hotels anyone can recommend? I'd like to stay in the Disney Springs area if possible. My DW pointed out that since my DD is a huge Harry Potter fan she's going to want to go to Harry Potter World at Universal, so I guess there's that. Anyways, I'm starting to get exited about it. Well, gotta run. Have a good day.

TTFN

Good luck

Thanks

I'm looking into the hotel options, both on property and off. Any off-site hotels anyone can recommend? I'd like to stay in the Disney Springs area if possible. My DW pointed out that since my DD is a huge Harry Potter fan she's going to want to go to Harry Potter World at Universal, so I guess there's that. Anyways, I'm starting to get exited about it.
Planning is always fun.

Of course you already know that the All-Stars are the most affordable spots on property (and they've been renovated), followed by Pop (with its access to the Sky Way).

We've stayed off property at least part of a trip several times.
In the DS area we liked the Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Walking distance to DS and a spot that at times has some pretty good deals

Juuuuust off property on FL-535 is Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
This is also very close to the DS area and we were amazed by the size of the rooms here

A little farther afield at the corner of FL-535 & FL-536 is Buena Vista Suites
We've stayed here twice. At the time it was a little older so you noticed that some of the finishes were a little tattered, but the rooms were large, you got a separate sitting room that included a sleeper-sofa and they were in the midst of a general renovation so things should be even better by now.

Up in the Universal area we've stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites Universal
Again, this was a lot of space for the money and had an even larger sitting room & separate main-BR.

You may also consider a split stay with some time on world and some off (something else we've done a number of times). You get the perks on the days you need them and get more space and access to off-world areas on the days you don't.

And of course there's always VRBO and such to consider. A whole house for the price of a Moderate (or better) is really worth keeping in mind.

You might also look into Under Cover Tourist.
Their site and regular newsletters have a number of area hotel deals that are worth considering.
(I can get you a copy of the most recent newsletter if you'd like, as well)

Morning Folks

Happy Hump Day Images – Browse 6,862 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video |  Adobe Stock

Evening, Fellas!

Hope all are well. I've had a good week so far at primary care and will continue working primary care for the rest of the week.

Planning is always fun.

Of course you already know that the All-Stars are the most affordable spots on property (and they've been renovated), followed by Pop (with its access to the Sky Way).

Yeah, if we stay onsite it'll be at the All-Stars, couldn't afford anywhere else. I'd love to stay at the Port Orleans French Quarter, but that's gotten a bit too rich for my tastes. I'm actually looking forward to trying something different. No, really, I am.

We've stayed off property at least part of a trip several times.
In the DS area we liked the Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Walking distance to DS and a spot that at times has some pretty good deals

I'm just starting my research, but that does look like a nice hotel.

Juuuuust off property on FL-535 is Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
This is also very close to the DS area and we were amazed by the size of the rooms here

Not heard of that one, I'll take a look at it. Thanks There's another hotel in the area that I've heard about from friends: Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites, sometimes called the Holiday Inn Waterpark. The problem with staying at hotels not immediately around DS is the transportation. I'm sure they have busses to take me and the family to the parks, but a stroll to DS would be a bit more difficult. Still working on the details.

A little farther afield at the corner of FL-535 & FL-536 is Buena Vista Suites
We've stayed here twice. At the time it was a little older so you noticed that some of the finishes were a little tattered, but the rooms were large, you got a separate sitting room that included a sleeper-sofa and they were in the midst of a general renovation so things should be even better by now.

Another one I've not heard about, so thanks for the information.

Up in the Universal area we've stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites Universal
Again, this was a lot of space for the money and had an even larger sitting room & separate main-BR.

With Universal we're thinking of just one day, so not really much of an incentive to stay in that area, but thanks for the ideas.

You may also consider a split stay with some time on world and some off (something else we've done a number of times). You get the perks on the days you need them and get more space and access to off-world areas on the days you don't.

I'm not much of a split stay person, but for the right price I'd consider a night or two at a higher tier resort

And of course there's always VRBO and such to consider. A whole house for the price of a Moderate (or better) is really worth keeping in mind.

My aunt and uncle love VRBO, and at some point I'd give it a go, but not this time.

You might also look into Under Cover Tourist.
Their site and regular newsletters have a number of area hotel deals that are worth considering.
(I can get you a copy of the most recent newsletter if you'd like, as well)

I know of Under Cover Tourist and will take a look at it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter