DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Soooooo...

The pool guys were supposed to come this morning to replace the pump. As I was sitting in the house, waiting for them, I heard a noise. Holy @#$% the pool heater is running! With no water flow... I had no idea what damage could happen. I ran out and turned it off... Wait... there's still a noise? The pump is running?!?!? No idea how it was off for 3 days and suddenly runs again. I'll take it and see what happens.

Due to time I had to end my last post rather quickly to get to work on time, but I wanted to come back and finish up. Now those 3 stories are the ones that I know because they happen to people I know. There could be more stories out there that I just haven’t heard. I don’t believe that building is overly active, paranormally speaking, however, it has happened enough that there are stories. When I was on the board of directors and had a key for the building I went in once with a friend at night to try and catch something, anything. We got there at about 10:00 pm and spent about five hours there with the camera and a high end audio recording device and never picked anything up. To me they didn’t say anything because as they used to say on that TV show Ghost Hunters, “Ghost don’t act on command.” And for those who are interested in museum ships, there is a museum ship in Quincy mass the USS Salem that is supposedly haunted. Just tossing that out there for whoever wants to come out and visit.

Thanks.

Don't know about anyone else but when I read this part of your story, I immediately thought of this:

Soooooo...

The pool guys were supposed to come this morning to replace the pump. As I was sitting in the house, waiting for them, I heard a noise. Holy @#$% the pool heater is running! With no water flow... I had no idea what damage could happen. I ran out and turned it off... Wait... there's still a noise? The pump is running?!?!? No idea how it was off for 3 days and suddenly runs again. I'll take it and see what happens.
I wonder if that’s paranormal for pool pumps… 👻

Dropping in for a quick drive by hello...

Because we were feeling left out from the heat wave, we decided to give it a try. Set records this week for high temps... It's a sad day when you look forward to work just for the air conditioning.

Where to start on how my weeks have been going, let's see. My accounting clerk has been out sick for about 10 weeks now, my new employee isn't cutting it and I will probably have to let him go soon, and the rest of my staff have been out here and there for a variety of reasons. I'm not supposed to have overtime, but here I am.

The Kid got here braces off this week after 2.5 years. The same day, she was driving up about 2 hours to go camping on the lake with a friend. I got a call at work that her car gave out in the heat and she was stuck on the side of the road halfway up the mountain. By the time I got there, her car started and I drove it home just fine. At least I got to stop at In-N-Out Burger. Now, I have get to go pick her up so she can have a job interview tomorrow, then I get to take her back to finish the camping trip.

My MIL had jaw surgery yesterday and the dog has eye surgery today. The cat is high on catnip and I just ran out of Coke. (that sounds like the title of a country song).

My accounting clerk has been out sick for about 10 weeks now
That's not sick... that's dead!
my new employee isn't cutting it and I will probably have to let him go soon,
Shame for both sides.
The Kid got here braces off this week after 2.5 years.
Ah yes. Bet she was relieved. I remember when my DD got hers off after about 4 years... and then went back on a couple years later for another year.
My MIL had jaw surgery yesterday and the dog has eye surgery today. The cat is high on catnip and I just ran out of Coke. (that sounds like the title of a country song).
If only someone would steal your pickup truck!

Ah yes. Bet she was relieved. I remember when my DD got hers off after about 4 years... and then went back on a couple years later for another year.
She knows mom will literally kill her and bury her in the backyard if she forgets to wear her retainer.

MY dentist wants me to see an orthodontist. I had braces as a teen and don't have any desire to do it again.

If only someone would steal your pickup truck!
I drive a hybrid sedan. Maybe someone will write a country song about a hybrid someday? It's not remotely cool according to everyone I know but I only have to get gas about once a month.

She knows mom will literally kill her and bury her in the backyard if she forgets to wear her retainer.
Harsh!
Then again... hmmm... Can you go over the steps to avoid detection?
MY dentist wants me to see an orthodontist. I had braces as a teen and don't have any desire to do it again.
1659128357377.png
I drive a hybrid sedan.
Then by law, you can't sing country songs.
Maybe someone will write a country song about a hybrid someday? It's not remotely cool according to everyone I know but I only have to get gas about once a month.
But if you only have gas once a month, you should see a proctologist.

Evening Guys.

Day 8 of camp complete, another half day to for me. Then we are off to the Area 506 music festival for the Saturday night show. Headliners are The Trews and Glorious Sons, should be a good night.

Evening Guys.

Day 8 of camp complete, another half day to for me. Then we are off to the Area 506 music festival for the Saturday night show. Headliners are The Trews and Glorious Sons, should be a good night.
Sounds like a not too shabby evening. :)

I'm off (with DD21) to Yellowknife in the morning. Quick 3 day trip to check it out.

Hey, Fellas! I know I've been MIA this week, but been working on things week. One of those things was the auditions for The Sound of Music. The whole family showed up to auditions, sang, and sang well, if I might add, and left our mark on the director and his team. Got a call Friday at work asking the whole family to show up for callbacks. Can I just take a minute to say how proud I am of my DD? She did an amazing job in her audition. This might have been her first audition in a community theater setting, but either way she nailed it. Unfortunately the Mrs. couldn't be at callbacks as she had a gig playing in the pit for Cinderella at a local summer stock theater company, she's a harpist by training, but the director knew this from the start. We'll hopefully find out by early next week if we're in the show. Outside that all is well. Now that auditions are over I can get back to some studying. I know I have several posts to get through, and I'll get to them, but just wanted to pop in for a quick hello and to respond to some earlier posts. Have a good day, Fellas.

Morning, gents. Happy Monday.

Wait... it's Monday... on a Monday!
1st sign of the apocalypse??

WAIT! It was your Monday....ON A MONDAY?! I thought I felt a disturbance in the force.
Cool! Old buildings often are. Cool, I mean. Not necessarily haunted.

I love old buildings, and this is a great one.

Don't tell her that.

Are you kidding me?! That's like top secret.

Great stories, but... that line. :lmao:

:laughing:

Looks like a pretty interesting place. Love the beams.

The beams are great, and that's just one reason I love that building.

We work a compressed work week which averages 37.5 hours/week. Our shift length is 8:34 which works out to 5 on, 3 off (which is why my start of week is always changing).
Normal would be working that without training someone every day. I've been training a new guy every shift since February. Also normal would be not working 2-3 shifts on my days off.

That's a lot of training.

It's too late for me... save yourselves!

:laughing:

"buffs fingernails"...
Depends on the buffing method. On your chest = cool. With an emery board means you're just neat and tidy.

Oh on my chest. I don't use no stinking emery board.

I'd like to get out that way some day. I've been to most of the rest of the States... hmmm... by September, the count will be around 40 States. Might have missed one or two in the quick counting I just did.

You've been to more states than I have. You know, if you come out this way, there's Battleship Cove with all their exhibits. There's also the USS Salem, the last battlecruiser in the U.S., plus the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat. All of these ships are in the area, so an easy day trip for all of them. Plus me. I mean, that alone should be enough, right? :laughing:

And so it begins...

Drinking coffee and a Monday on a Monday? And it begins...the end times.

Ugh. That sucks. My strategy with swimming pools is the same as vacation homes...I prefer to mooch off of those owned by friends.

That's the best way.

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

Thanks.

I'm still pretty cool by the standards of the 1980's.

It was a good decade.

Is it really haunted if there's no blood seeping out of the walls?

Well, blood seeping out of the walls would indicate extreme haunting. No blood is just, well, a minor haunting.

Don't know about anyone else but when I read this part of your story, I immediately thought of this:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Morning, men.
Day one in Yellowknife in the books. Interesting place.

The whole family showed up to auditions, sang, and sang well, if I might add, and left our mark on the director and his team. Got a call Friday at work asking the whole family to show up for callbacks.
Great! Good luck to you all!
That's a lot of training.
And sooooo glad it’s over now. I’m pretty confident that I’ve trained more people than anyone else in the building. (A few hundred employees.)
Oh on my chest. I don't use no stinking emery board.
Geez. Wash it if it stinks.
You've been to more states than I have.
I have a feeling I’ve been to more States than most Yanks.
You know, if you come out this way, there's Battleship Cove with all their exhibits. There's also the USS Salem, the last battlecruiser in the U.S., plus the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat. All of these ships are in the area, so an easy day trip for all of them.
Man that sounds great!
Plus me. I mean, that alone should be enough, right? :laughing:
Kidding aside… yes. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter