DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, troops.

Happy Saturday and Sunday today. Except I woke up to an unnatural stillness... because it looks like my pool pump is dead. Oh, well... what's another $1,000 or so, right?

:sad2:

Public service announcement to anyone contemplating putting a pool in...

Don't.

Morning, Fellas! Been MIA for a bit, but it's been a busy week. I had a normal work week, but the evenings have been busy with various activities, which has been making me sleep until I absolutely had to get up get to work on time. Last weekend was good. Spent sometime with the DD at the beach and getting stuff done around the house. There's a local theater company that's hit 100 years old this year, and I was asked to take pictures of the building, mostly inside. They wanted pictures of some architectural details, old show posters, costume loft, props room, dressing rooms and graffiti on the walls (it's become a thing/tradition for actors to write their name on the walls in the dressing rooms and back stage. It really is kind of neat as you can see all the actors that have passed through the building, so it's that kind of stuff I've been taking pictures of. I've also been editing these photo all week and still have a few to go through. There's another local theater company (there are a lot here on the Cape, but this one is less than 5 minutes from my house) that's going to be having auditions for The Sound of Music, and the whole family, myself included, have decided to audition. Auditions are this week and, while I'm a classically trained, I haven't actually auditioned in years....so I'm a tad nervous. I will, however, put on a brave face for the DD. While this won't be my DD's first show she's been in, to my best of my knowledge she's been in at least half-dozen show's and she's 9, not counting dace recitals, she's only ever auditioned a couple of times. Most of the shows it's because we knew the director and they wanted her in the show. As a fun side note, she and I were both in a semi-staged production of The Wizard of Oz with the Cape Symphony. She didn't audition because we knew the director, and my wife was the music director, and the director told us to, "Just bring her, we'll make her a Munckin." So we did, and she was. I also didn't audition for The Wizard of Oz, and I wasn't a Munchkin. I was a winkie guard and a flying monkey. I can understand her nerves, but the more she auditions, the better she'll get at it. Well, guys, that's it. Have a good day. I'm off to finish editing some photos and work on some audition music.

TTFN

Oh, Lord, yes.
I was so sore after working almost non-stop around the house that it kept me up most of the night. Should have taken some ibuprofen or something. Oh well.

Sucks getting old, doesn't it? Thank God for pain meds.

soooo.... anyone else as exhausted as I am? No, wait... you can't be. Then you'd be dead.
I have two more busy day shifts training (one of) the new guy(s), then a couple of overtime shifts, then back at it next week (I think Monday starts on Tuesday next week) for two evening shifts with him and that should (barring a sudden reversal of fortunes) be it for training and he can join the crew and help take some of the load off.

Lord I'm looking forward to having more than 1 day off every 8 or so.

Dude....that's quite the schedule.

Happy Friday.
Suddenly want a cup of coffee...

I don't drink coffee.

odd.

Don't do it! Once you start you'll never stop!

Last edited:
There's a local theater company that's hit 100 years old this year, and I was asked to take pictures of the building, mostly inside. They wanted pictures of some architectural details, old show posters, costume loft, props room, dressing rooms and graffiti on the walls (it's become a thing/tradition for actors to write their name on the walls in the dressing rooms and back stage. It really is kind of neat as you can see all the actors that have passed through the building, so it's that kind of stuff I've been taking pictures of.
How cool is that! Hope you share some of the photos.
There's another local theater company (there are a lot here on the Cape, but this one is less than 5 minutes from my house) that's going to be having auditions for The Sound of Music, and the whole family, myself included, have decided to audition.
Love that. :) Hope you guys all get parts.
Sucks getting old, doesn't it?
Understatement of the century... which is about how old I feel.
Dude....that's quite the schedule.
Thank goodness it'll be a bit more normal by the end of the month.
Don't do it! Once you start you'll never stop!
I know! I'm hooked. I had a cup in 1982 and another in 1992. Had yet another in 2004 and a fourth cup around 2014.
I'm a coffee junkie.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well this morning. So here are a couple of pictures from my recent shoot. The building was built in 1911 and is supposedly haunted.

Now for 3 quick stories.

Story #1: My DW, then fiancé, was in a show back in '03, '04, forget what year. Anyways, after one of the rehearsals, my DW and another actress stays with the costume mistress to help finish sewing costumes. It was about midnight, maybe 1am, and it was just the 3 of them in the building with all the doors locked so no one could get in. This isn't a place that's known for homeless people or a lot of crime, so a safe area, especially with the doors locked. So the floors, like all buildings with a basement, have the floor joists, subfloor, tongue-and-groove pine flooring on top with no insulation between the joists. This kind of a set up, coupled with a building that was close to 100 years old (at the time) you can certainly hear people walking up above you. Well, they were listening to music and talking when they heard someone walking up above them. They all froze, I would too, actually, and eventually all walked up stairs to see who it was....only to find the place empty. They did a search of the whole building and they were they only one's in the building. They left after that.

Story #2: A friend of mine was in a show several years ago where at one point he had to exited stage right, put on a jacket and get ready to re-enter from stage right. As he went to put on the jacket, he felt someone helping him put it on, you know holding it so he could get his arms in the sleeves. After he finished putting on the jacket, turned to thank that person who helped him only to find no one was there. Now, it's a small back stage and would be impossible to sneak in and out without being seen by someone back stage. Plus, he was in a corner when doing this, so definitely impossible for someone to sneak in and out without being seen.

Story #3: This was around 2006-2007. After a rehearsal for a musical one year, Michelle, a choreographer, and friend of ours, had stayed after rehearsal to get some work done in the office. This choreographer had her young daughter, Lucy, with her, who was 3, maybe 4 years old at the time. Normally Lucy would sit at the piano and bang on the piano keys and sing, that's what she called it. This particular night Lucy was real quiet. Wondering what was going on, Michelle poked her head out to see what Lucy was doing. She saw Lucy just sitting on the piano bench staring at the stage. Michelle asked, "Lucy? Whatcha doing?" Lucy points to an empty stage and says, "Man!" Yeah, that would freak me out, too. Michelle, being a little creeped out, said, "Well tell the man you gotta go." Lucy says "Goodbye" to the man and they leave. After turning off all the lights, they left through the front door and locked it. Lucy then says (while pointing inside the building), "But what about Peter?" Now, Lucy father's name is Peter, and Michelle, confused, says, "Daddy's at home, and will be there when we get home." Lucy says, "No, not daddy (points once more to the building), Peter?" Michelle just looked at her and said, "Peter stays here."

Here are a couple of pictures of the structure. I’m still going through the pictures and will try and post some later.
IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

How cool is that! Hope you share some of the photos.

I'll post some photos soon.

Love that. :) Hope you guys all get parts.

Thanks. It'd be great if the whole family can be in a show at the same time.

Understatement of the century... which is about how old I feel.

That's how I feel at times as well.

Thank goodness it'll be a bit more normal by the end of the month.

What's normal?

I know! I'm hooked. I had a cup in 1982 and another in 1992. Had yet another in 2004 and a fourth cup around 2014.
I'm a coffee junkie.

You're an addict?! I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you! If you get yourself into a 12 step program now you might be able to save yourself.

Stay cool guys.

I'm always cool. (buffs fingernails)

I'm always cool.

Just... don't ask my kids.

Or my DW.

Or my co-workers.

Or my friends.

But in my own mind... I'm always cool.

:laughing:

Last edited:
Due to time I had to end my last post rather quickly to get to work on time, but I wanted to come back and finish up. Now those 3 stories are the ones that I know because they happen to people I know. There could be more stories out there that I just haven’t heard. I don’t believe that building is overly active, paranormally speaking, however, it has happened enough that there are stories. When I was on the board of directors and had a key for the building I went in once with a friend at night to try and catch something, anything. We got there at about 10:00 pm and spent about five hours there with the camera and a high end audio recording device and never picked anything up. To me they didn’t say anything because as they used to say on that TV show Ghost Hunters, “Ghost don’t act on command.” And for those who are interested in museum ships, there is a museum ship in Quincy mass the USS Salem that is supposedly haunted. Just tossing that out there for whoever wants to come out and visit.

Thanks.

Morning, gents. Happy Monday.

Wait... it's Monday... on a Monday!
1st sign of the apocalypse??

The building was built in 1911 and is supposedly haunted.
Cool! Old buildings often are. Cool, I mean. Not necessarily haunted.
Story #1: My DW, then fiancé, was in a show back in '03, '04, forget what year.
Don't tell her that.
Michelle just looked at her and said, "Peter stays here."
Great stories, but... that line. :lmao:
Here are a couple of pictures of the structure. I’m still going through the pictures and will try and post some later.
Looks like a pretty interesting place. Love the beams.
What's normal?
We work a compressed work week which averages 37.5 hours/week. Our shift length is 8:34 which works out to 5 on, 3 off (which is why my start of week is always changing).
Normal would be working that without training someone every day. I've been training a new guy every shift since February. Also normal would be not working 2-3 shifts on my days off.
You're an addict?! I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you! If you get yourself into a 12 step program now you might be able to save yourself.
It's too late for me... save yourselves!
I'm always cool. (buffs fingernails)
"buffs fingernails"...
Depends on the buffing method. On your chest = cool. With an emery board means you're just neat and tidy.
And for those who are interested in museum ships, there is a museum ship in Quincy mass the USS Salem that is supposedly haunted. Just tossing that out there for whoever wants to come out and visit.
I'd like to get out that way some day. I've been to most of the rest of the States... hmmm... by September, the count will be around 40 States. Might have missed one or two in the quick counting I just did.

Happy Friday.
Suddenly want a cup of coffee...

I don't drink coffee.

odd.
And so it begins...

Happy Saturday and Sunday today. Except I woke up to an unnatural stillness... because it looks like my pool pump is dead. Oh, well... what's another $1,000 or so, right?

:sad2:

Public service announcement to anyone contemplating putting a pool in...

Don't
Ugh. That sucks. My strategy with swimming pools is the same as vacation homes...I prefer to mooch off of those owned by friends.

Auditions are this week and, while I'm a classically trained, I haven't actually auditioned in years....so I'm a tad nervous
I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

I'm always cool.

Just... don't ask my kids.

Or my DW.

Or my co-workers.

Or my friends.

But in my own mind... I'm always cool.
I'm still pretty cool by the standards of the 1980's.

The building was built in 1911 and is supposedly haunted.
Is it really haunted if there's no blood seeping out of the walls?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter