DDA's New Year's Weight Loss accountability Thread

Hi DizneeMommy & welcome!

Can I be a part of this? I just joined Weight Watchers Online, and this board is infinitely more to my liking than the ones on that site--of course, I get my Disney fix here as well!

I'm exactly 6 feet tall, and weighed 303 pounds in January of 2006. Today, I weighed in at 268. So, in the last 2 years, with only portion control and trying to be a little more active, I've lost about 35 pounds and gone from a size 26 to a 20/22. My goal for the year (by next January) is to be down to around 200 pounds--so I need to lose 68 pounds in a year. Completely doable, if I'll work at it! Between the Weight Watchers, more exercise, an upcoming trip to the beach :-)scared1: ) in June, a supportive hubby, and this board, I know I can do this! Maybe. . . I think. . .possibly. . .:eek:

Can I be a part of this? I just joined Weight Watchers Online, and this board is infinitely more to my liking than the ones on that site--of course, I get my Disney fix here as well!

I'm exactly 6 feet tall, and weighed 303 pounds in January of 2006. Today, I weighed in at 268. So, in the last 2 years, with only portion control and trying to be a little more active, I've lost about 35 pounds and gone from a size 26 to a 20/22. My goal for the year (by next January) is to be down to around 200 pounds--so I need to lose 68 pounds in a year. Completely doable, if I'll work at it! Between the Weight Watchers, more exercise, an upcoming trip to the beach :-)scared1: ) in June, a supportive hubby, and this board, I know I can do this! Maybe. . . I think. . .possibly. . .:eek:

Welcome to our successful little group. You will get great support here. Even those that have met their goals and maintained will come back and give us support :banana:

Welcome DizneeMommy! Of course you can do it! I think several of us are ready to jump back in with the new year. I managed to gain back 5 of the 25lbs I lost at the beginning of last year, but didn't work very hard at it past about April. Now I'm back and determined to lost the last 70 before our trip in Nov or Dec. Glad to have you along!

Thanks all! I've decided to take this in stages--35 pounds by June 16 (the beginning of our beach trip). Then I'll reset my goal for the last 25 between then and next January. I've lost 4 pounds since last week--YAHOO!!:cool1:

WTG on the weight loss :cheer2:

I haven't been tracking my food & calories for a while, so I decided today I better start doing it again. Holidays are over, so it is back to the carrots & granola bars lol

Thanks all! I've decided to take this in stages--35 pounds by June 16 (the beginning of our beach trip). Then I'll reset my goal for the last 25 between then and next January. I've lost 4 pounds since last week--YAHOO!!:cool1:

OMG!!! I'm so excited to have found this thread! I joined Jenny Craig (wonderful program BTW!) last Feb and lost 22 lbs by Memorial Day. Yea me! But then DH got transferred and between house hunting, and just the general stress of the move, I fell off the plan, HOWEVER, I've only gained back about 4 lbs. But I still have 12 pounds to go. I'm 5'2" and started at 149 (I freaked when I almost hit 150!). I'm at 132 now and want to get to 120 before we go back to WDW in May.

I love the JC message boards, but since I'm always on disboards, this looks like a great place for me!

Our new neighborhood has an increadible gym and fitness center and since we're paying for it in our annual fees, I guess I need to use it, huh??? Plus, got a new puppy that needs lots of walks to wear him out, so I hope to know this 12 pounds out by Easter.

Hi Kara & welcome!

OMG!!! I'm so excited to have found this thread! I joined Jenny Craig (wonderful program BTW!) last Feb and lost 22 lbs by Memorial Day. Yea me! But then DH got transferred and between house hunting, and just the general stress of the move, I fell off the plan, HOWEVER, I've only gained back about 4 lbs. But I still have 12 pounds to go. I'm 5'2" and started at 149 (I freaked when I almost hit 150!). I'm at 132 now and want to get to 120 before we go back to WDW in May.

I love the JC message boards, but since I'm always on disboards, this looks like a great place for me!

Our new neighborhood has an increadible gym and fitness center and since we're paying for it in our annual fees, I guess I need to use it, huh??? Plus, got a new puppy that needs lots of walks to wear him out, so I hope to know this 12 pounds out by Easter.

:welcome: to all the new comers.

I am back. After my bday cruise for Halloween, I sort of lost my focus. I put back on 10lbs & of course still had a ways to go before putting that back on so.........I am back again with a renewed commitment to get that 10lbs back off & more.

Good to be back.

I am going to do Weight Watchers on-line for a month & if that is not giving me enough accountability it will be back to meetings with me.

Let's have a happy, healthy 2008!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all hope you are all doing well. I hope to lose another 40 pounds this year. My first goal is to get out of the upper 170's and lower 180's where I have been stuck for close to a year. I want to end 2008 in the 140's. :cool1: :yay: :yay: :dance3:

Good luck to all of you. I know you can do it.:banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hello! How is everyone doing?

I weighed myself this morning & I have gained 5 pounds :eek: Sure does sneek up on you! I know I have not been eating the best, so this mornings eye opener is going to get me on the right path again!

I know if I don't watch it, I will slowly creep like I have before & I don't want that. I still weigh less than last year, but the gain has me upset with myself.

Why does it always have to be such a struggle :confused3

It DOES creep up on you---that's why I have so much to lose, I think!

So far, so good for me. . .but it's always a day to day struggle.
Hang in there!

I understand the creeping up. I am up about 10 lbs :scared1: I have tried unsuccessfully to get back on track, but I can't stick to it. I am so hoping that once the snow melts I will get outside and become more active. I am so lacking exercise and have no motivation to do anything inside. I really hope that Spring is around the corner.

I am like a lump on the couch, I have no desire to do anything right now. This just seems like it has been a very long winter. I am ready for Spring & ready to feel like I have some life in me.

I understand the creeping up. I am up about 10 lbs :scared1: I have tried unsuccessfully to get back on track, but I can't stick to it. I am so hoping that once the snow melts I will get outside and become more active. I am so lacking exercise and have no motivation to do anything inside. I really hope that Spring is around the corner.

I'm doing pretty well. I was very happy to weigh-in under 200 this morning for the first time in 4 years! I am down 18 so far this year and 37 from Jan 1, 2007. :banana: So far, so good. Just working on keeping it up day by day.

Yea Tia, you are doing wonderful! :cheer2:

I'm doing pretty well. I was very happy to weigh-in under 200 this morning for the first time in 4 years! I am down 18 so far this year and 37 from Jan 1, 2007. :banana: So far, so good. Just working on keeping it up day by day.

:cool1: That's Awesome. What a huge achievement :cool1: :cool1:

Hooray for you!!:cheer2:

I'm down 18 this year, too! Not under 200 yet--but I'm moving that direction. . .at least I'm the lightest I've been in over 7 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter