DDA Chapter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Chuck was going to go camping tonight and I was going to meet him tomorrow. While I was helping him get the camper ready, there was a very loud noise and smoke coming out from under the Denali. Thank goodness it looks like something to do with the air conditioning. A line came disconnected. Chuck is working on getting it in for service in the morning so we'll still be able to go for the rest of the week-end.

For a few minutes there, I thought I was going to have the house all to myself for a night. Oh well, maybe next time.

Well, Chuck was going to go camping tonight and I was going to meet him tomorrow. While I was helping him get the camper ready, there was a very loud noise and smoke coming out from under the Denali. Thank goodness it looks like something to do with the air conditioning. A line came disconnected. Chuck is working on getting it in for service in the morning so we'll still be able to go for the rest of the week-end.

For a few minutes there, I thought I was going to have the house all to myself for a night. Oh well, maybe next time.
I think Chuck should camp in the driveway. A little camping for Chuck.....a little alone time for you.....everybody's happy. :rotfl: ;)

We figure there has to be some blonde in her too.:rotfl2:
You guys sure do know how to have fun!!!!!:rotfl:

I just wrote this on the other thread but I thought I would put it here in case no one sees it...

After much hemming & hawwing about my resort choice & saving some $ I have switched our ressie from BC to POR. I saved $1200 with the AP rate PLUS dining over my CM rate & OOP for dining. If we took only one trip this year I would have left it at the BC but since we already were lucky enough to go to the BWI this year I knew this was the better choice to make. Of course I will miss my BC but the savings will make up for it. My only peeve with POR was the buses but now we will have our own car so it should be fine.

We have to come in a day earlier so our trip dates are 8/17-8/29. Anyone still there on 8/17???

I am so excited!
I responded in the old thread too. You'll be fine at POR! AND...I think you know I'll be there.:laughing:

Cool! We have down the street from my office that I haven't been to. I've been doing so well trying to loose weight before my trip that I don't know if I will do this but I know some folks at work will love this!

does anyone have 2 teeshirt transfers i can have? i pay ya for them.
You can get a small (like 3 sheets) package at JoAnn fabrics or Micheals and they always have like 40% off coupons. It would be less than it would cost to ship some to you and I'm not real good about making it to the PO when I need to.

Surgery is scheduled. its next Thursday. He will have a valve replacement and a double bypass so please send prayers to my family and that the doctors have a steady hand and he comes out fine.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Cool!!!:tinker:

Elizabeth - bus service at SSR is getting great reports!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1858263
That is great news!!!!!!!!!

You can get a small (like 3 sheets) package at JoAnn fabrics or Micheals and they always have like 40% off coupons. It would be less than it would cost to ship some to you and I'm not real good about making it to the PO when I need to.

thanks. do they both have it? or just one?

The other food there was great. They had a really nice made to order pasta station-you chose your pasta, your sauce, what veggies, and could add shrimp or chicken. It was really good and the portions were huge! I got Emma plain pasta one night but she wouldn't eat it because it was a high protein pasta and she didn't like the look of it. I think she's a tiny bit better this year but I'll enjoy having the microwave and I'm bringing a hot pot too so she can have soup or hot dogs or easymac.

Chuck and I enjoy the food court at POR so much that we took the boat from OKW to DTD. Then the boat from DTD to POR just for dinner. We needed a relaxing evening away from my sister and decided that riding the boat was just the ticket. Mom and the girls came with us. Chuck ordered a beef dinner and I ordered a turkey dinner. They were both really good. Katrina and Mom got two different kinds of pasta with sauce. We all shared and have some of everything. Yummy! And then we repeated the boat rides back to OKW. It was a wonderful evening. We also got some brownies and magic (7-layer) bars for when we got back to the resort. Piano Bob was at POR that night so we stayed to watch him for a while as well.

Guess what I got in the mail today? :teeth:
Odd thing is, they are extremely comfortable for being a three inch heel.
invitations014.jpg

I didn't realize you had actually purchased these. :rotfl: Those are cute. I say go for it if they are comfortable. Most likely no one is going to see them anyway. That is why I wore the square dance shoes. Very plain but comfortable.

there's a thread on the CB about God answering prayers. I am reminded daily that God answers prayers through all of you.:goodvibes

We are still having difficulty here that doesn't really have anything to do with money so I still would love the prayers heading this way.

Prayers and pixiedust: for you as long as you need them. I sure hope things get worked out on all sides soon.

Surgery is scheduled. its next Thursday. He will have a valve replacement and a double bypass so please send prayers to my family and that the doctors have a steady hand and he comes out fine.

Prayers and pixiedust: for your father and the family.

Elizabeth, prayers & pixiedust: continue for your mom and you as she recovers and goes through her treatment.

Samantha Browns Disney Favorites are on the Travel Channel tonight at 9pm EST; her new show gives a cruise preview tonight for Carnival at 10pm EST; and then there is something called Disney Splurge! on at 11pm EST that I know I haven't seen before so hopefully that one is new...

Chuck made dinner tonight - Schwann's Lasagna and cheese garlic bread. It smells delicious. I'm off to eat.

Hey all! here is our new home.

DDA originally stood for Disney Design Addicts as most of the posters were addicted to making t-shirt designs. Those designers are still here and many many more people have joined our friendly community. We think that DDA still fits whether you be a Disney Design Addict, Dear Disney Addict, Disney Dream-aholics, Disney Dream Addicts or whatever other acronymn you'd like to throw in there.

Welcome to all the returning posters and welcome to any newcomers that might like to chat about design and all things Disney.

Copied from Deb and Theresa because they worded it so well.

Original Thread part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

Original Thread part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717556

DDA Chapter 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698660

DDA Chapter 4
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1716386

DDA Chapter 5
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1742793

DDA Chapter 6
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1773591

DDA Chapter 7
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1806171

Thanks, Karen! Can you add the link to Chapter 8?

DDA Chapter 8
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1834982

And thanks to Heidi for the link.

I just wrote this on the other thread but I thought I would put it here in case no one sees it...

After much hemming & hawwing about my resort choice & saving some $ I have switched our ressie from BC to POR. I saved $1200 with the AP rate PLUS dining over my CM rate & OOP for dining. If we took only one trip this year I would have left it at the BC but since we already were lucky enough to go to the BWI this year I knew this was the better choice to make. Of course I will miss my BC but the savings will make up for it. My only peeve with POR was the buses but now we will have our own car so it should be fine.

We have to come in a day earlier so our trip dates are 8/17-8/29. Anyone still there on 8/17???

I am so excited!

I think you made a wise choice, Anne Marie. For what it's worth, we love POR. It is one of our favorite moderate resorts! And we never had any bus problems.

So Stephanie and I were driving to lunch and I asked her if I could buy the plane tickets for the trip down when SW puts out the ding on June 26. Now, mind you, I am a little slow at times. I was born blonde. :lmao:
I guess I figured that the dates were only open to the beginning of our trip. Not for the whole month of December.

I could see that she was getting a little frustrated cause at one time she crossed herself and muttered, 'God she was born blonde' :lmao:

I kept thinking since I had the $$ now I would get tickets for the flight down if that was okay with her. She kept saying that I could do it and she would get them for the way home. Whatever time I wanted, coming or going was okay. Needless to say, I muttered under my breath something like witch while I was getting out of the car. :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So, we are sitting at our favorite Sushi place and she asked me if the headrest worked out fine today. She was able to get it fixed.

We came in my car-----------

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: not hers.

We figure there has to be some blonde in her too.:rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: you two kill me!

Yeah, the CM discount is good but you cannot get the DDP with it. it just made more sense...I am sorry we miss you but hopefully we will swing by you on our way back home. Our driving dates coming home are now 8/29 & 8/30 (fri & sat)

When I PMed you I thought you were talking about July for some odd reason. If you guys end up being in this area in August on a Friday or a Saturday I would be able to do either dinner or breakfast!

You have them, Karen. :hug:

Elin - what time would you like me to pick you up in the morning? I see you can buy the tickets online. Do you want me to do that?

Did you buy them yet? That would be great, or I can do it. Let me know. Also let me know what time is good for you all... 10:00??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter