DDA Chapter 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to head to bed too. I'll chat with you all tomorrow. Good night.

Tomorrow we will help my DB untap all of the Maple Trees. It could be a long day. Hopefully the weather cooperates as I don't want to do it in the rain.:sad2:

How nice to read so many of you tonight! Sleep well, friends.

Do any of you use personal misters at Disney during the summer months? We are trying to make sure we are covered for the warmth of June. If you do use something, what do you have?

we had 2 Misty Mates...we only used one and EVERYBODY around us loved us for it. Between the mate and the little fans we were set.

I'm off to bed. I have to get up early to go grocery shopping. I have to buy stuff for the house & to stock the camper.

Chuck says it is supposed to be on Sunday morning again. One is at 9am, one at 10am and the other at 11am. I don't remember the order.

We don't get the channel...only time I miss it is when you all are chatting about Disney being on!!

Our news channel has an article on now about the www.realage.com website. I don't have time to do it right now but I think it sounds like something I will definitely be doing! It also gives ideas on how to improve your length of life.

We have a misty mate that I bought a couple of years ago at Walmart. It holds about 2 cups of water and has a pump at the top. You pump it to build up pressure then aim the hose where you want to spray. It works well especially with ice water

mistymate_1997_9312251

I've seen this version in a multi pack at BJ's
mistymate_1997_9428657

the top one is a personal size....we used the bigger one....fill with a little bit of ice and water and lasted the entire day.

At his lesson today Patrick let me know that a video he and his parish submitted for the Papal visit was one of the finalists. He wrote the music for it and plays on it too. What an honor to have had it chosen over hundreds and hundreds of submittals from all over the country!

way cool!!

Happy Friday night, DDA!

I am having a good evening! Went to happy hour with some friends, and after a few glasses of wine, I'm nice and relaxed. ;)

Elizabeth - congrats on the laptop purchase! Good luck getting it set up!

Glynis - I am so happy to hear such great news! How exciting! :wizard:

Karen - I have only cruised DCL, but my aunt and uncle (who cruise exclusively on vacations) only go RCL, and think they are GREAT. We plan to try RCL next. Good luck with the new attendant!

Deb - glad to hear you had a good day with Colby!

Vicki - you described this group perfectly! Prayers for Jean, and :wizard: for the funeral.

Beth - such exciting planning going on. If you have self esteem issues - all the more reason to hang out with the DDA! We love you regardless! :hug:

Bernadette - congrats on the button holes!

I love the late character meals, too! We did an 11:10 a.m. reservation at CM's with our family in December, and had the best time and character interaction. Everyone was amazed at all the attention we had - duh, why did you think I selected that time? :rolleyes1

Great one to Ditto!! Thanks!!

I've also learned my lesson on breakfast ressies....the later the better. The 8:30 one at CM's about killed us.

I come on and *poof* everyone disappears...you all are going to give a girl a complex:rotfl2:

I led small group this evening. We are going out to one of the couple's farm on Sunday....she is a riding instructor and just got chicks and wants to show them off!!:goodvibes

I was going to wait until I caught up, but I'll fill y'all in now.

The ultrasound went really well. We definitely have one little peanut. We got a very clear picture of the heart just beating away, and were even able to hear it! That relaxed me so much! Also makes it much more real!!! The tech checked for a long time to make sure there were no other surprises tucked away in there and there are not! WooHoo!!! Much as I love my twins, I think another multiple pregnancy would have wiped the floor with me! They did spot a cyst on one of my ovaries, but they don't think that will cause any problems.

The lining of my uterus looks good, but I'll stay on the supplement until about 14 weeks, just to make sure. Other than that, all looks well!!! No visible problems at this point.

We weren't going to talk to the doctor today, unless there was a problem, but as we were leaving, the nurse asked if she could talk to us. She just wanted to make sure all our questions were answered and to reassure us that just because I'm 41 that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to have problems, especially considering that my health is the best it's been in years.

So, I'm feeling a lot better about things, and very excited now!

Glynis, everything sounds perfect! Congratulations! :goodvibes :hug:

I am going to ditto all of this, since you did such a great recap, Lindsay. BTW, are you ready for your trip?

Umm, NO! :scared: But, that's what I have the weekend for! :thumbsup2

I am a little nervous - won't go into all the details tonight because I'm wine sleepy, but my brother is going to join us for a couple of days. I'll need a LOT of PD for that!

Tomorrow we will help my DB untap all of the Maple Trees. It could be a long day. Hopefully the weather cooperates as I don't want to do it in the rain.:sad2:

Lots of :wizard: :wizard: for no rain for you too!

I come on and *poof* everyone disappears...you all are going to give a girl a complex:rotfl2:

I led small group this evening. We are going out to one of the couple's farm on Sunday....she is a riding instructor and just got chicks and wants to show them off!!:goodvibes

Have fun!

Elin - meant to say congrats to Patrick! What an accomplished young man!

Elizabeth - meant to say earlier the website re: airline seats/ameninities Uncle is referring to is www.seatguru.com. Love that site. I always make sure we have seats with power for our longer flights!

Night all! Catch you on the flip side!

So its 230 and ive been up for an hour..i have to get up to take the test in 4 hours...this is going to be rough! I started to feel sick (think it may be bad allergies) Thursday night and it has just gotten worse...so here i am :)

Ok I just tried a neat little trick that I read about here on the Dis. This may sound strange or you may already know about it.

For a clogged toilet put 3 drops of dish soap(I used Palmolive, but others were using Dawn)in the toilet & let sit for about 10 minutes. Add about a gallon of warm water & flush.

This actually works & I am so happy :rotfl:

Isn't it amazing what you can learn around here?

Maybe she keeps the shorts in the bags??? :confused3

That's not a bad idea!

yay! :yay:

They reset mine yesterday (yet again) but this time he said it was definitely the O2 sensor. The light came back on this morning. We are now looking at new cars.... :rolleyes:

Oh, my! Well, new cars can be fun.

:lmao: The show just stated strollers are $8-$10 per day. It's already out of date and it's the first time it aired.

So much for accuracy!

Oh, it's not that I think anyone here would judge. I just have a self-esteem problem sometimes. :)

We love you, Beth! :goodvibes

I am stunned that the family is letting their kids jump on the beds!!!

Thank you! Barbarians. :sad2:
I thought it was hilarious that nobody managed to stay more than 4 nights. I found it interesting how EMPTY some of the shots were - like the safari vehicle, one of the long views at MK, Disney Quest, etc. The family at Lion King were sitting in handicapped seating. At one point the commentator said at COUNTER service you can get all-you-can-eat. Trail's End isn't COUNTER service. I was blown away that people with 4 nights at WDW are spending thier time renting a pontoon boat and playing frisbee. Don't they have a frisbee AT HOME? I just don't get that mentality. I fell asleep shortly after the kids jumping on the beds. I'll have to watch Sunday.

Just looked at the Travel Channel website to find out what time the shows are scheduled to be on Sunday morning.

Disney: On a Dime 9am
Disney: Splurge 10am
Samantha Brown's Disney Favorites 11am

Thanks!

At his lesson today Patrick let me know that a video he and his parish submitted for the Papal visit was one of the finalists. He wrote the music for it and plays on it too. What an honor to have had it chosen over hundreds and hundreds of submittals from all over the country!

How wonderful!

My condolences on the Kitchen remodel. Remodeling sucks...

:cool1: For the new night attendant:cool1:

Ditto! I hope the new attendant works out!

Uncle1 said the Geek Squad guy is trying to scare me. He said we won't have any problem setting up a secure network. :)
We turned the laptop on just to see if any of our neighbors have a network that would show up, but they don't. Which means it must be easier to secure it than Geek Squad wants me to think it is.
The Geek Squad guy had some sort of device. He said the device detects open networks, and from there the device would allow him to log on to any machine connected to that network. YIKES! Obviously if he has one then there are bound to be people other than Geek Squad employees who have them and can use them for ID theft. I don't think the laptop will have anything on it worth hacking. I am more nervous about connecting my desktop to the wireless network.

Umm, NO! :scared: But, that's what I have the weekend for! :thumbsup2

I am a little nervous - won't go into all the details tonight because I'm wine sleepy, but my brother is going to join us for a couple of days. I'll need a LOT of PD for that!
Yes you will!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter