DDA Chapter 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at the Travel Channel website to find out what time the shows are scheduled to be on Sunday morning.

Disney: On a Dime 9am
Disney: Splurge 10am
Samantha Brown's Disney Favorites 11am

When the boys are off the Wii, I'll go set the DVR. Thanks!

Might help some huh? :teeth:

Getaway trip with Mom in August. I haven't been there since junior high. Visit some memorials, maybe the Zoo, National Archives, Library of Congress...White House and US Capital. Oh yea, can't forget about good food too! :teeth:
The Courtyard and Marriott are the two offering TA discounts for when I'd like to go.

the Marriott is near the Zoo, the Courtyard is not near much at all! I would choose the Marriott and use Metro or even the Tourmobile to get around everywhere else.

Do any of you use personal misters at Disney during the summer months? We are trying to make sure we are covered for the warmth of June. If you do use something, what do you have?

We have a misty mate that I bought a couple of years ago at Walmart. It holds about 2 cups of water and has a pump at the top. You pump it to build up pressure then aim the hose where you want to spray. It works well especially with ice water

mistymate_1997_9312251

I've seen this version in a multi pack at BJ's
mistymate_1997_9428657

At his lesson today Patrick let me know that a video he and his parish submitted for the Papal visit was one of the finalists. He wrote the music for it and plays on it too. What an honor to have had it chosen over hundreds and hundreds of submittals from all over the country!

the Marriott is near the Zoo, the Courtyard is not near much at all! I would choose the Marriott and use Metro or even the Tourmobile to get around everywhere else.
Thanks! (I should say we are also looking at Virginia Beach as well...) Two extremes, I know. :)

At his lesson today Patrick let me know that a video he and his parish submitted for the Papal visit was one of the finalists. He wrote the music for it and plays on it too. What an honor to have had it chosen over hundreds and hundreds of submittals from all over the country!

Congratulations to Patrick!

oh, GREAT! Krispy Kreme's! And me with a sweet tooth. :rotfl:

Thanks! Laura isn't much of a breakfast girl (or a morning person), so I was trying to avoid breakfasts (especially since she pays as an adult). Once I tell her, I can see what she thinks. Maybe if I make a late breakfast ADR, that would work. She doesn't eat eggs or waffles or bacon or sausage, but there may be enough other things for her. She really isn't as picky as I make her seem, but she does have strong preferences.
I like to do CP breakfast early so I can walk up Main St before MK opens but other breakfast meals I like to do late so it is more of a brunch. For the character meals the character interaction seems better when you have a late sitting. Tusker House has Krispy Kreeme donuts and lots of other great pastries. They had lots of fruit, oatmeals, and a carving station with ham.

There is no but... We don't judge people like that, period! That is why this group has been such a wonderful place for me. What matters is what is in the heart. Good people come in all sizes, colors, shapes, religions, etc. You are all such a great caring bunch of people that have opened your hearts to others. Go, have fun and realize that no one is thinking or caring about what you look like! We know your inside and that's what is important to us.
Well said!:thumbsup2

I was going to wait until I caught up, but I'll fill y'all in now.

The ultrasound went really well. We definitely have one little peanut. We got a very clear picture of the heart just beating away, and were even able to hear it! That relaxed me so much! Also makes it much more real!!! The tech checked for a long time to make sure there were no other surprises tucked away in there and there are not! WooHoo!!! Much as I love my twins, I think another multiple pregnancy would have wiped the floor with me! They did spot a cyst on one of my ovaries, but they don't think that will cause any problems.

The lining of my uterus looks good, but I'll stay on the supplement until about 14 weeks, just to make sure. Other than that, all looks well!!! No visible problems at this point.

We weren't going to talk to the doctor today, unless there was a problem, but as we were leaving, the nurse asked if she could talk to us. She just wanted to make sure all our questions were answered and to reassure us that just because I'm 41 that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to have problems, especially considering that my health is the best it's been in years.

So, I'm feeling a lot better about things, and very excited now!
:woohoo:

I picked up my laptop. :) But we can't do anything with it until we get that router! :rotfl2: It does fit nicely in my bag. :rolleyes1
:cool1:

DH and I will be staying at AS Music also.
Oh I somehow missed this. That is great!!! What are your dates again? Dorinda and Ralph will be with us 8/19 to 8/25. I think you'll just miss them.

Maybe she keeps the shorts in the bags??? :confused3
:rotfl2:

They reset mine yesterday (yet again) but this time he said it was definitely the O2 sensor. The light came back on this morning. We are now looking at new cars.... :rolleyes:
I didn't want to scare Tammi so I didn't say earlier that my O2 sensor had to be replaced on my old car and I'm pretty sure it was over $100 then like 2 days laters the light came on again and they said it was a different O2 sensor and it was another $100+ to fix.:scared1:

We have a misty mate that I bought a couple of years ago at Walmart. It holds about 2 cups of water and has a pump at the top. You pump it to build up pressure then aim the hose where you want to spray. It works well especially with ice water

mistymate_1997_9312251

I've seen this version in a multi pack at BJ's
mistymate_1997_9428657

The little one is what Chuck was looking at on their website. What is BJ's? How much are they?

I like to do CP breakfast early so I can walk up Main St before MK opens but other breakfast meals I like to do late so it is more of a brunch. For the character meals the character interaction seems better when you have a late sitting. Tusker House has Krispy Kreeme donuts and lots of other great pastries. They had lots of fruit, oatmeals, and a carving station with ham.

We are looking for a late breakfast at Tusker House and maybe a late lunch at Crystal Palace. We already have early reservations for CRT so we can walk in before the park opens. That way, my niece & nephew will get to see the Pooh characters, Mickey & friends, and some princesses without waiting in line.

Do any of you use personal misters at Disney during the summer months? We are trying to make sure we are covered for the warmth of June. If you do use something, what do you have?
I have a misty mate and it is great because you don't need batteries but I've got to say I actually prefer the battery operated fans that you fill with water. I think they are about $20 at Disney for a Mickey one but you can get plain ones at CVS for about $10 and they are under $5 at WalMart.

I've also used those neck things that you soak in water. Got them at Walmart too.

I am stunned that the family is letting their kids jump on the beds!!!
Me too. No wonder everyone complains about the beds at Pop.

Congratulations to Patrick!

oh, GREAT! Krispy Kreme's! And me with a sweet tooth. :rotfl:

And me on a diet :guilty: Plus Hershey plus Ben & Jerry's plus...

The little one is what Chuck was looking at on their website. What is BJ's? How much are they?

I can't remember off the top of my head. I know it was a 4 pack. BJ's is our local warehouse store like Sam's Club. I'll check next time I'm in there. I'm in there weekly and will probably go this weekend.

We are looking for a late breakfast at Tusker House and maybe a late lunch at Crystal Palace. We already have early reservations for CRT so we can walk in before the park opens. That way, my niece & nephew will get to see the Pooh characters, Mickey & friends, and some princesses without waiting in line.

Sounds perfect! And Daisy is at Tusker House and she can be hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter