DDA Chapter 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also loved 40. I had a big party for myself with all my good friends. It was great.

The 5 of us and my parents went out to dinner. My Dad tried to get the waitress to sing, but I threatened her tip if she did so needless to say she didn't sing :rotfl::rotfl: We came home and my SIL had put a couple of balloons on the front steps and she picked up a cake (Chris asked her to) it even said happy 19th anniversary of your 21st birthday:lmao::lmao: So the 11 of us had cake and ice cream. It was a nice quiet celebration which is what I wanted. I also told Chris that my goal had been to be in better shape for my 30th birthday then I was for my 30th. I easily exceeded that goal. Now I can let myself go ;) Chris didn't think that was such a good idea:confused3

I'm headed to bed. Colby, Chris and I are headed to a carshow in the morning and the older boys are going to Hunter's safety with my brother.

Extreme Home Makeover is building a house in the Upper Valley in just a couple of weeks. Nick and I just put in our applications to volunteer on the build. i think it would be a very good experience for him. Hopefully we will be selected to help :thumbsup2 :cool1:

What an awesome opportunity! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

I also loved 40. I had a big party for myself with all my good friends. It was great.

I got to go to WDW for the first time, ran a half marathon, and then DH threw me a surprise party. Fabulous year!!!

I am sitting here trying to remember what I did the year I turned 40. :rotfl:

I ran across one of the funniest blogs ever yesterday. A former student of mine, who is an amateur cake decorator sent me the link, and I spent a couple of hours browsing and laughing. Some of the entries are so funny I spit ice water all over the screen. Anyway, with so many of the DDA trying their hands at cake decorating, I thought I'd pass along the link. Enjoy!

www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com

Hello

A cowork pointed out that today was my last day...my last day in my thirties:lmao:

We have a very busy schedule tonight with School open house, Hunter's Safety, Bowling signup and Bare Minerals open house at the only store in the area that sells it:snooty: Hopefully we'll all be home by 8:30 PM

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dearest Deb! Happy Birthday to you! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I'm off to bed. I have a very busy week-end. We are migrating 700+ machines to the state standard this week-end in Lansing & Detroit. We have around 40-50 staff working. I need to oversee the project. We are upgrading $15,000 worth of memory and replacing approx. 125 computers. Hopefully, it will be only minor issues. With a project this large, you can't expect it to be totally uneventful.

I ran across one of the funniest blogs ever yesterday. A former student of mine, who is an amateur cake decorator sent me the link, and I spent a couple of hours browsing and laughing. Some of the entries are so funny I spit ice water all over the screen. Anyway, with so many of the DDA trying their hands at cake decorating, I thought I'd pass along the link. Enjoy!

www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com

Kristin and I look at that every week! It is hysterical. :rotfl2:

I'm off to bed. I have a very busy week-end. We are migrating 700+ machines to the state standard this week-end in Lansing & Detroit. We have around 40-50 staff working. I need to oversee the project. We are upgrading $15,000 worth of memory and replacing approx. 125 computers. Hopefully, it will be only minor issues. With a project this large, you can't expect it to be totally uneventful.

yikes good luck. :wizard:for only minor problems

So is everyone getting their regular flu vaccines? What is everyone's opinion on the swine flu vaccine.

The Hospital is making it mandatory for all of us to get both vaccines or we will have to wear masks when we are at work.

having already had the flu I am not sure if I will or should get the swine flu vaccine.

Extreme Home Makeover is building a house in the Upper Valley in just a couple of weeks. Nick and I just put in our applications to volunteer on the build. i think it would be a very good experience for him. Hopefully we will be selected to help :thumbsup2 :cool1:

That would be perfect for you! Hope they say yes!:hippie:

So is everyone getting their regular flu vaccines? What is everyone's opinion on the swine flu vaccine.

The Hospital is making it mandatory for all of us to get both vaccines or we will have to wear masks when we are at work.

having already had the flu I am not sure if I will or should get the swine flu vaccine.

Did you all have the flu tests done when you got home and were sick? I can't remember! There are no flu kits left in our area right now apparently so pediatricians are treating all the kids as if what they have is the flu.

Also, I would think the hospital would be the best one to determine whether or not you need the shots. Don't they know you were sick? :confused3

I am home. We had a good time.

There was no parasailing. Not sure if they are not open during the week or closed for the season but they never called us back.

The water was brutally rough. There was probably no swimming on Rehoboth beach the whole time we were down. But we were at Dewey beach so my brother and I had no clue there was not swimming there until we were there today and today the water was not as bad. We went swimming Tuesday and Wednesday and got tossed around if we were not in far enough.

The shoe saga continues. I still have no shoes for the wedding in 3 weeks. I tried on and went into like every shoe store at the outlets and other places and am empty handed. It is no wonder I can not find shoes, as according to the foot measurer thing I need a 12 slim. This is narrower then a narrow width, as some places had narrow and it was still too wide. Its no wonder all my shoes with laces and things are always pulled as tight as possibly.

Today I saw about 30-40 dolphins about 50 yards from the edge of the water. They were just playing and having fun. It was very cool especially for a marine mammal nut like me.

Congrat Chanon and Bob! He is adorable.

Terry :wizard::hug: to you, Guenna and DDIL and families.

Deb- Great pics! They are all growing up. Although my 14 year old 6'3" tall, size 14 shoe cousin would probably dwarf him.;) He has been growing about 5-6" a year on and off for many years

Happy Birthday Stephanie.

I am also very excited for HP at IOA. I still have my 7 day free ticket from the Super Bowl which needs to be used by the end of the year. I am trying to figure out when. I am contemplating going for UCF homecoming in November.

So I am back to work for 4 days, then I have 4 days off.

In one year I will be leaving Barcelona on the Magic.:cool1::cool1::dance3::woohoo:

seeing that many dolphins would be awesome!!!!!

Stephanie and I will be right with ya in one year!!!!!!:woohoo:

Oh yeah, Stephanie will be really old then cause she will turn 60 and I won't for ten more days!!! :lmao:

We will be getting the regular flu vaccine sometime in the next couple of weeks. As to the swine flu shot, our doctor recommended that Timothy get one, as he is the only member of the family that didn't come down with it in June. He told us that the rest of us really wouldn't need the vaccine, and that it would take away from the limited supply for people who hadn't had the flu, yet.

Good morning. :)

No sleeping in for anyone today. Nicholas has a 9:00 football game an hour away, so we need to be ready to leave here a little after 7.

Deb and Stephanie - I had cake and ice cream last night in honor of your bdays too. I love having my mom here!

Welcome home, Becky!

We are all getting both flu shots. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter