DCP Spring 2014

Hi! I'm new to using Disboards but I saw this thread and thought I could answer any questions! I applied for fall 2013 and got all the way to the phone interview. Unfortunately wasn't accepted but I'm applying again in September! So if you have any questions about the interview process I can help! Or pretty much anything since I made so many friends through a DCP Facebook group and learned A LOT about the program!

Hi! I'm new to using Disboards but I saw this thread and thought I could answer any questions! I applied for fall 2013 and got all the way to the phone interview. Unfortunately wasn't accepted but I'm applying again in September! So if you have any questions about the interview process I can help! Or pretty much anything since I made so many friends through a DCP Facebook group and learned A LOT about the program!

welcome to the disboards! :)
If I think if any questions I will definitely ask you! thank you so much :) & I wish you the best of luck! hopefully I'll see you down there :)

welcome to the disboards! :)
If I think if any questions I will definitely ask you! thank you so much :) & I wish you the best of luck! hopefully I'll see you down there :)

Thanks! And good luck to you too! Hope to see ya there! My friends that are there now are loving it!!!

I am hoping to apply for Spring Advantage 2014...entering college just twenty minutes away from WDW in less than a month. My entire college and career path centers around eventually working for Disney. Looks like I'm going to have to study up on the interview questions and the WBI...

I am hoping to apply for Spring Advantage 2014...entering college just twenty minutes away from WDW in less than a month. My entire college and career path centers around eventually working for Disney. Looks like I'm going to have to study up on the interview questions and the WBI...

That's awesome! Hopefully I'll see you down there!

Maybe me? Or Fall 2014, I really need to talk to my academic adviser. So crazy to think that something I've been waiting for since middle school is finally happening...in less than a year. I'm so nervous for my interview already and I haven't even applied! :hyper:

I'm definitely thinking hard about Spring 2014... It seems so close.. EEP!

But I'm teetering between Spring and Fall because I'd really like to be able to be around family in December.. Although Disney is pretty much home anyhow.

If you do fall, are you there for Christmas? It's be my 20th birthday and Christmas so I feel like that's a bit much to be away from family for.

Maybe me? Or Fall 2014, I really need to talk to my academic adviser. So crazy to think that something I've been waiting for since middle school is finally happening...in less than a year. I'm so nervous for my interview already and I haven't even applied! :hyper:

I need to talk to my adviser as well, but for the most part I think I'm set on Spring :D
It really is crazy, like I have fantasized about this FOOOREVER & the chance to do this is actually coming up & quickly!
I wish you the best of the luck with everything & hope to see you down there! :D

But I'm teetering between Spring and Fall because I'd really like to be able to be around family in December.. Although Disney is pretty much home anyhow.

If you do fall, are you there for Christmas? It's be my 20th birthday and Christmas so I feel like that's a bit much to be away from family for.

It really does seem so close, I have never wanted to do anything more, but at the same time I am terrified!
I'm not sure about the exact dates for Fall, but I think that it may be done before Christmas, but I'm not positive! I'm sure you can find out on the website!
I wish you the best of luck with whichever one you decide & maybe I'll see you down there! :D

It really does seem so close, I have never wanted to do anything more, but at the same time I am terrified!
I'm not sure about the exact dates for Fall, but I think that it may be done before Christmas, but I'm not positive! I'm sure you can find out on the website!
I wish you the best of luck with whichever one you decide & maybe I'll see you down there! :D

I looked and saw it ends early January, so I guess it must be so!

But yeah, if I end up making the leap and by some miracle get in and if so, see you in Florida! (WOW that seems crazy to say!)

I emailed my college dcp rep today to ask about setting up a meeting so I can talk to her about it. Ahhh. I know it's not anything official, but it's the first step for me! :cool1:

You will be there for Christmas unless your school is on the quarter system. Remember, Christmas is the busiest time of year at WDW therefore they have most employees working a LOT to keep up with all the guests. Getting time off around then (from your post it sounds like your birthday is near Christmas) is highly unlikely. I would say I got about 60% of my requested time off days, and that was in the Spring when it's generally less busy. Luckily I had great managers who helped me switch shifts a few times but not everyone has those opportunities.

Probably not a good question ask...but if anyone does merch/attractions for the spring, could you let me know how the phone interview goes? Sorry to be the party pooper, but my advisor said that fall 2014/spring 2015 might be a better option for me. Oh well, im still gonna try...

Probably not a good question ask...but if anyone does merch/attractions for the spring, could you let me know how the phone interview goes? Sorry to be the party pooper, but my advisor said that fall 2014/spring 2015 might be a better option for me. Oh well, im still gonna try...
IMHO: CP is a proving ground for professional internship. If you want to do a professional internship as an upper classmen, then do a CP early in college, couple years in college, return as a professional intern, graduate.

Your advisor is giving advise based on the status quo (4 years of college, graduate, get a job) however, who would you hire? Some one with a 4 year degree or someone with a 4 year degree and experience in a Fortune100 company? (My opinion only)

I'm applying for spring too! I can't wait! I am also super nervous about going because I have IBS-D and it is really difficult to deal with. I think the position I am going to try to get into is costuming:)

Kelsey, my daughter has done two CPs and is doing a PI at AK right now. She has Crohns Disease and Disney has been good about accommodating her needs.

I also have ibd (colitis). How does Disney accommodate? How would I tell them and who to tell? I am starting a PI with them soon

Kelsey, my daughter has done two CPs and is doing a PI at AK right now. She has Crohns Disease and Disney has been good about accommodating her needs.

My D is going to be applying and has Juvenile Rhuematiod Arthritis. What kind of accomodations did you D receive? and how was it handled in the interview hiring process?

My D is going to be applying and has Juvenile Rhuematiod Arthritis. What kind of accomodations did you D receive? and how was it handled in the interview hiring process?

It depends on what type of accommodations she needs. Everything is done after she accepts her role and pays her fees. Then she can submit the form from her doctor. I will tell you that they may offer her a different role if they don't think they can accommodate her. For example I need to have frequent access to a restroom so for this reason I can't really do attractions because there are so many positions that are safety critical and you can't step away from. So if I had accepted me for that they may have offered me a different role. She doesn't need to mention it in her interview unless she wants to.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm applying for spring too! I can't wait! I am also super nervous about going because I have IBS-D and it is really difficult to deal with. I think the position I am going to try to get into is costuming:)

Hi Kelsey. Other roles that could probably accommodate you is merchandise, hospitality, concierge, probably QSFB or FSFB. I have done merchandise and hospitality with Crohns

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'll be applying for Spring 2014 as well. I'm a Freshman this year so I really hope I can get in. May help me decide my major.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter