DCL Price increases just floored me compared to our Hawaii cruise

Just a thought on why Hawaii is a harder sell
It's on the West Coast!!! From reading these boards for about 15 years, I cannot count the number of times east coast and mid west people have "complained" that flying to LA, San Diego, Seattle or Vancouver is: Too Far, Too Expensive, Too Long, Timezone Issues etc. and have said that it's not fair that Disney brought a ship out to sail on the west coast (well that was mostly in '05 when the Magic sailed to the west coast for the first time to celebrate Disneyland's 50th birthday - which was nice!! BTW - I don't remember Disneyland getting anything else, BUT EVERY PARK in WDW got new attractions for DisneyLAND's 50th). oops, that got a little off topic :blush:

Those of us that live "way over here" are used to having spend a whole day traveling east (starting at 0-Dark-30), spending a lot of money to get there and back again and getting to blow off another day traveling home again.

Well, to be fair I suck it up for the warmer waters too... :rotfl2:

They have no trouble selling Alaska and it's on the West. I agree flying to Hawaii for an east coaster is a long haul, but not any worse then a west coaster flying to Europe. Except the the planes used for international flights are nicer and you get food and wine. I live in Az and Hawaii is 7 hours so not easy from here either.

We flew non-stop on Continental to Hawaii in 2008 and got wined and dined the whole time. It seemed like every 2-3 hours they were bringing by food and beverages. It was a 10 hour flight. But the jet lag on that one really blindsided us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter