"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellelinus

<font color=deeppink>You have liberally applied fl
Just booked this morning! If you are coming along, PM me with your information and I will add you to this first post . . .

Where are we going?

Tuesday Vancouver, Canada — 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday At Sea — —
Thursday Tracy Arm, Alaska — —
Friday Skagway, Alaska 7:15 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
Saturday Juneau, Alaska 7:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Sunday Ketchikan, Alaska 10:30 7:30 p.m.
Monday At Sea — —
Tuesday Vancouver, Canada 8:00 a.m. —

Who's coming?

bellelinus (Julie)
cat 5C, deck 6
traveling with three daughters aged 19, 16, 14 at time of cruise
late dining

JOANNEL
traveling with DH Roger

danandnan
Nancy and Dan

wachsdds
traveling with DW and kids DS(11), DS(9), DS(6) and DD(4)

1DisneyQueen
DH and Myself
Dsis and DBil
DN
DGD 11

DS, DDil, DGD 15, DGD 5, DGS 2 #8028

DN and her husband #5633

DB, Dnephew 11 and DB's mate #5632

ibouncetoo (Jackie) & DS (Dianne)

late dining

tink1963 and DH BubbaGrump
early dining

jel1511
traveling with DH (6610)
DD13 and DS10 (6611)
late dining

piglet33 (Reneé)
DH Lenny and DD8 Haley
Cat. 6A GTY
late dining

smeecanada (Wendy)
traveling with DH, DS16 and DD15
Main dining

cindy 18
traveling with DH and two DDs who will be 15 and 13 at the time
midship T
late dining

JoiseyMom
traveling with DH, DD 15 and DS 10
late dining

jestyx3 (Michele)
traveling with DH Mark and DD 15 Nicole
cat 6A GTY

ydrj (Yvonne)
traveling with DH, DS16, DD14
Main dining

Marla Hellwig
Marla and Kara (dd)
5 C 6130
second dining

Maza (Maria)
DH,David, (Fluffy Bunny)
DD, Juli, who will be 17
DD, Lucie, who will be 15

4DisneyCruiseFans
traveling with DH, DS13, DD11 (at time of sailing)

GrumpyBelle
6632 -Me and DD 10 (at time of sailing)
6633 -DH and DS 16 (at time of sailing)
Main dining

dennismcneely
Dennis and Monica (DW)
Madison (DD) 9 at the time of the cruise
Cabin# 5512
Late dining

goslingl
Leisha, traveling with DH Tom

KathyInCitrus
Kathy traveling with with Sis and SIL Mary and Sandy who are not DIS Boarders
I'm in Florida, they're in Rhode Island
6078, late dining

sandyam76
traveling with DH

alexandmaddie
Krista
Gerald (DH)
DD16
DD11
DS9

martian767
Me (Michele) - 40
DH (Paul) - 40
DD (Bill)
DM (Shirley)
Mom's Friend (Carol)

Trigal
Debbie and Jo

Useful links

Vancouver
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283011
http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/default.htm

What is the weather like?

Interior's climate runs hot and cold - steady precipitation keeps the region green.

Southeast Alaska is a land of rain forests, salmon streams and glaciers, all made possible by the wealth of precipitation driven in off the Gulf of Alaska.

The Inside Passage has the highest annual precipitation averages in the state as well as the highest average temperatures. For anglers, kayakers, hikers and cruise ship passengers, jackets and rain gear are almost always appropriate. Rubber boots are worn so frequently that they're known as "Alaska tennis shoes" and "Sitka slippers."

Rainy towns
Ketchikan averages 150 inches of precipitation a year, almost 3 times Juneau's total and 10 times what Anchorage gets. Yakutat, near enormous Malaspina Glacier, averages 145 inches of precipitation, including the meltwater from 193 inches of snow. Year to year, the wettest place in the state is Little Port Walter, which averages 220 inches.

Juneau gets more than 18 hours of sunlight at the summer solstice in June but less than 6.5 hours at the winter solstice. Ketchikan, 250 miles south of Juneau, gets less (17.5 hours) at the summer solstice but more (7 hours) in December.

Monthly averages for the Inside Passage
Here are monthly averages -- high temperature, low temperature, precipitation (inches of rain and melted snow), snowfall and snow depth for Southeast locations: Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway.

JUNEAU
(Northern Panhandle)
Period of record: 9/1/1949 to 12/31/2000
Average annual high temperature 47.2
Average annual low temperature 34.4
Average annual total precipitation 56.47
Average annual total snowfall 98.4

Aug
Max temp 62.7
Min temp 47.6
Preciptation 5.34
Snow-fall 0.0
Snowdepth 0

KETCHIKAN
(Fishing, logging, cruise port in southern Panhandle)
Average annual high temperature 51.9
Average annual low temperature 39.4
Average annual total precipitation 150.82
Average annual total snowfall 36.9

Aug
Max temp 65.4
Min temp 51.6
Preciptation 10.6
Snow-fall 0.0
Snow depth 0

SKAGWAY
(Cruise port in northern Panhandle)
Period of record: 7/1/1965 to 12/31/2000
Average annual
high temperature 48.6
Average annual low temperature 34.2
Average annual total precipitation 26.45
Average annual total snowfall 49.9

Aug
Max temp 65.8
Min temp 48.4
Preciptation 2.19
Snow-fall 0.0
Snow depth 0

Here is the web site: www.Alaska.com

We did too!!!! cabin 6144 Just me and DH( Roger).

Booked three rooms for other dissers- i am sure they will be along later-
Dan & Nancy , & Tom & Leisha!!

Two years is way too long to wait!!

We did too!!!! cabin 6144 Just me and DH( Roger).

Booked three rooms for other dissers- i am sure they will be along later-
Dan & Nancy , & Tom & Leisha!!

Two years is way too long to wait!!

It is too long! I already have a word document with links to information about Vancouver and each of the ports:lmao:

I'll add you to the first post and look forward to meeting the other dissers:)

Hi Julie, long time no talk from our 8/29/09 thread!!! We'll be coming, but can't book until Monday, being lowly silver... I have no idea what cat we'll be booking, looking at a cat 4b or a cat 5b with a cat 11b across the hall. Depends on which one is cheaper.... I'll let you know when we have that info....

Hi Julie, long time no talk from our 8/29/09 thread!!! We'll be coming, but can't book until Monday, being lowly silver... I have no idea what cat we'll be booking, looking at a cat 4b or a cat 5b with a cat 11b across the hall. Depends on which one is cheaper.... I'll let you know when we have that info....

Good luck!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just got the info from my DW that we are on board.:cool1: It's me, my awesome DW(who stayed on the phone for an hour and a half to get the rezzie) and our kids DS(11), DS(9), DS(6) and DD(4). Of course, those ages are for the summer of 2011. I can't believe my little princess will be 4 on the cruise.

It is going to be an awesome cruise!!!!pirate:

Just booked this morning! If you are coming along, PM me with your information and I will add you to this first post . . .

bellelinus (Julie)
cat 5C, deck 6
traveling with three daughters aged 19, 16, 14 at time of cruise

JOANNEL
traveling with DH Roger

wachsdds
traveling with DW and kids DS(11), DS(9), DS(6) and DD(4)

Not going just add congrats on booking!!!!

I will be just finishing in the Med!

Not going just add congrats on booking!!!!

I will be just finishing in the Med!

Thanks!:cool1: We will save you a midship cat 3 (now cat T) on this cruise for you just in case you figure out a way to encourage Susan to want to pack a parka and sail to Alaska:)

I'm going to start to post some useful links to information about this cruise on the first post of this meet thread . . . if you have any information that would be good to have here, please post it here and I will put it in the first post of the thread.:goodvibes

We are there with you all.

Right now we have a large group, but I am certain the price may scare a few away.

Currently, there are a few 5C on deck 5, a cat 4B, and a cat R

Myself, DH
Dsis, Dbil
DN
DGD 11

DS
DDil
DGD 14
DGD 5
DGS 2

DN
Dnil

Dnil's parents and sister

DB
Dn 11
DF

DF"S parents and aunt and uncle

Just like the weather, it is all subject to change.

We are there with you all.

Right now we have a large group, but I am certain the price may scare a few away.

Currently, there are a few 5C on deck 5, a cat 4B, and a cat R

Myself, DH
Dsis, Dbil
DN
DGD 11

DS
DDil
DGD 14
DGD 5
DGS 2

DN
Dnil

Dnil's parents and sister

DB
Dn 11
DF

DF"S parents and aunt and uncle

Just like the weather, it is all subject to change.

Welcome aboard! I will just list you as something vague at this point and you can give me details once your group is more certain . . .:)

Just bumping up the thread in case there are some additional Gold/Platinum members out there looking to join in!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm sure we will get many more joining up after next Monday's booking mania.

Welcome aboard! I will just list you as something vague at this point and you can give me details once your group is more certain . . .:)

Great idea, thank you so much.

We are really looking forward to this, or at least most of us are. My son is going under protest. His wife really wants to go, but he insists you have to be 60 to go to Alaska:confused3 Must have gotten his thought process from my ex.:lmao:

I have already been doing some research and was wondering if anyone else is considering flying into Seattle versus Vancouver BC?

I am considering taking the train from Seattle to Vancouver and the bus back to Seattle. This way my grand children will get all modes of transportation on this trip.

Interior's climate runs hot and cold
Steady precipitation keeps the region green

Southeast Alaska is a land of rain forests, salmon streams and glaciers, all made possible by the wealth of precipitation driven in off the Gulf of Alaska.

The Inside Passage has the highest annual precipitation averages in the state as well as the highest average temperatures. For anglers, kayakers, hikers and cruise ship passengers, jackets and rain gear are almost always appropriate. Rubber boots are worn so frequently that they're known as "Alaska tennis shoes" and "Sitka slippers."

Rainy towns
Ketchikan averages 150 inches of precipitation a year, almost 3 times Juneau's total and 10 times what Anchorage gets. Yakutat, near enormous Malaspina Glacier, averages 145 inches of precipitation, including the meltwater from 193 inches of snow. Year to year, the wettest place in the state is Little Port Walter, which averages 220 inches.

Juneau gets more than 18 hours of sunlight at the summer solstice in June but less than 6.5 hours at the winter solstice. Ketchikan, 250 miles south of Juneau, gets less (17.5 hours) at the summer solstice but more (7 hours) in December.

Monthly averages for the Inside Passage
Here are monthly averages -- high temperature, low temperature, precipitation (inches of rain and melted snow), snowfall and snow depth for Southeast locations: Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway.

JUNEAU
(Northern Panhandle)
Average annual high temperature 47.2
Average annual low temperature 34.4
Average annual total precipitation 56.47
Average annual total snowfall 98.4

Aug
Max temp 62.7
Min temp 47.6
Preciptation 5.34
Snow-fall 0.0
Snowdepth 0

KETCHIKAN
(Fishing, logging, cruise port in southern Panhandle)
Average annual high temperature 51.9
Average annual low temperature 39.4
Average annual total precipitation 150.82
Average annual total snowfall 36.9

Aug
Max temp 65.4
Min temp 51.6
Preciptation 10.6
Snow-fall 0.0
Snow depth 0

SKAGWAY
(Cruise port in northern Panhandle)
Period of record: 7/1/1965 to 12/31/2000
Average annual
high temperature 48.6
Average annual low temperature 34.2
Average annualtotal precipitation 26.45
Average annual total snowfall 49.9

Aug
Max temp 65.8
Min temp 48.4
Preciptation 2.19
Snow-fall 0.0
Snow depth 0

Here is the web site: www.Alaska.com

Thanks for posting all that, guess we won't be needing swim suits!!

Great info, everyone! I will add the alaska website to the first post . . .

I have been thinking about flying into Seattle and taking the train to Vancouver, mainly because JetBlue flies into Seattle and we usually fly them when we can . . . however, when it gets closer to time I will have to factor in the lower cost and inconvenience (if there is any significant luggage schlepping) of Seattle vs. the higher cost but convenience of a flight into Vancouver.

Just bumping the thread up so it doesn't get too far back to be found . . . I hope we will have many people joining on Monday!

I'm patiently awaiting Monday, NOT!!! I've instructed my TA too book us in a cat 5c with an 11b across the hall on deck 6. So we'll be in on Monday.

We'll be
myslef 41, DH 41, DD 13, DS 10

I'm patiently awaiting Monday, NOT!!! I've instructed my TA too book us in a cat 5c with an 11b across the hall on deck 6. So we'll be in on Monday.

We'll be
myslef 41, DH 41, DD 13, DS 10

If you get the location you wanted, you won't be too far from us . . . we are in a cat 5c forward. Good luck and let us know how it goes! From the lack of posters here I don't think too many gold and platinum booked this one, so hopefully you are in good shape.

Sorry, won't be joining you. Changed my booking to the week before!

Just take care of the ship for us, then:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter