DCA Food & Wine Festival 2023 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

I noticed the lack of ciders and seltzers this year, also. The Mimosas look good, but not much wine on offer overall. I think it's because beer has a larger profit margin for them and it's easier to put kegs in the booths than store tons of bottles of wine. At least you can still get a good variety of wine at Mendocino Terrace. And they offer mobile order now too.

Yeah, I have to agree -- the Food & WINE festival has felt more beer-centric for the past few runs. In 2019 or 2020, I remember being surprised by the lack of wine options and it's only gotten modestly better.

This is the first festival that I am actually interested in any of the mimosas, so that's a plus.

The WDW festival seems to have more & more Beers also. There is still quite a bit of wine though. But they do have a lot more booths to choose from there. I'm just disappointed that with so few booths at the DL festival that they are limiting most of the booths to just 2 food items and one drink choice. Then they list a bunch of quick service locations will have special festival items but they are mostly just some sort of specialty beverage. The little bit I saw when I was there in 2020 before they shut down the place was quite crowded. There was still so much I wanted to try but ran out of time and I thought there were more than 12 booths that year. I'll check again Friday to see if there are anymore menu updates but I'm not expecting much.

The WDW festival seems to have more & more Beers also. There is still quite a bit of wine though. But they do have a lot more booths to choose from there. I'm just disappointed that with so few booths at the DL festival that they are limiting most of the booths to just 2 food items and one drink choice. Then they list a bunch of quick service locations will have special festival items but they are mostly just some sort of specialty beverage. The little bit I saw when I was there in 2020 before they shut down the place was quite crowded. There was still so much I wanted to try but ran out of time and I thought there were more than 12 booths that year. I'll check again Friday to see if there are anymore menu updates but I'm not expecting much.

I think 12 is the standard number of booths for the F&W Festival at DCA. There really isn't space for more than that. I could be wrong, but I don't recall more booths in the past.

I get the impression that they are still recovering from being shut for most of the 2020 and the 2021 festivals, so they're going with what has been developed previously -- and why we haven't seen any new booths in 2022 and 2023.

When we went on [the very short lived] F&W walking tour in 2020, I asked the head chef when they start planning for the next F&W fest, and he said they begin menu planning in May.

I don't need new booths, but they could come up with new food items instead of having so many repeats. I like the booth themes just fine.

2019 had 14 booths

Thanks for the correction. It seems like they have added more specialty food items to the counter service restaurants in recent years, though. I wonder if the net number of food items has remained the same or gone down in recent years.

First-timer here. Very disappointed in just about every aspect. The fact that there's all of one cider (guava??) is just adding insult to food injury. Showed this to a California friend and he was shocked at how uninspired the wine selections were, based on what they have readily available in the area already.

First-timer here. Very disappointed in just about every aspect. The fact that there's all of one cider (guava??) is just adding insult to food injury. Showed this to a California friend and he was shocked at how uninspired the wine selections were, based on what they have readily available in the area already.

The best cider at DCA right now is ironically at Clarabelles Ice Cream.

This drink is amazing.

Screenshot_20230301_144055_Disneyland.jpg

I'm not really inspired by the food list. I haven't been to a FWF since the early 2000's, maybe one of the original ones, I can't remember the date. Nonetheless, I was looking forward to it but now, the only thing I'm wanting to try is the pineapple coconut churro. I probably won't buy a Sip and Savor, unless I see some good food reviews.

The wine seminars are excellent. https://www.showclix.com/event/beverage-education-tasting-seminars-wine-23

Kate MacMurray isn't on the list this time but she's amazing to meet and listen to the stories of her father, Fred MacMurray. Their vineyards produce a fantastic Pinot Noir. For $25.00, we've never been disappointed with the presentation or wine.

I might be in the minority but I do not drink wine at Disney , though to be fair I spend majority of my time in NorCal in Sonoma County where I can find amazing wine events for less than going to Disney. I'm the one who always is having the cocktails and going to Hollywood Lounge or Carthay/Magic Key Terrace for my fill.

I'm checking the festival out Monday - Wednesday morning as I'm attending Princess Nite on March 7th. I can report back then !

I might be in the minority but I do not drink wine at Disney , though to be fair I spend majority of my time in NorCal in Sonoma County where I can find amazing wine events for less than going to Disney. I'm the one who always is having the cocktails and going to Hollywood Lounge or Carthay/Magic Key Terrace for my fill.

I'm checking the festival out Monday - Wednesday morning as I'm attending Princess Nite on March 7th. I can report back then !

I don't drink wine at DCA either, except for Sparkling. I typically go for cocktails as well, or the seltzers/ciders that sound interesting. Some days, when I just want something light, I'll go for a glass of sparkling wine from Sonoma or Mendocino Terrace.

If anyone is at the parks today, can you possibly check if either off the page or near wonderground’s pop up location has a listing of the artists that are doing signings during the festival? I know Jerrod Maruyama and Jasmine Becket-Griffith are going to be there this weekend, but I’m wondering if anyone else is scheduled this weekend.

Any word on the price for the Sip & Savor Pass yet? Also, are they offering a Disney Visa Card holder discount like they have in the past?

Can anyone without a Magic Key please verify that Disney Visa Reward Card Holders can actually purchase the Sip & Savor Pass at the Discounted Price? I've only seen one third party source report that non Magic Key holders get the discount.
The Disney Rewards Visa site does not list any discount.

Last edited:
The best cider at DCA right now is ironically at Clarabelles Ice Cream.

This drink is amazing.

View attachment 743416

Thanks for this, adding this to my alcohol list..haha.
Can anyone without a Magic Key please verify that Disney Visa Reward Card Holders can actually purchase the Sip & Savor Pass at the Discounted Price? I've only seen one third party source report that non Magic Key holders get the discount.
The Disney Rewards Visa site does not list any discount.

I remember Festival of Holidays I had a MK and DV and phone was being dumb so asked about the DV discount and they applied it no issues. I recall past years it has always been available just not advertised on seasonal events unfortunately. I am going Monday and will try to purchase with DV and can report back :)

So sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but can someone share how the Sip and Savor and ordering works? I've seen folks discuss making a list to ensure that their pass is worth the cost, but, once there... do you order in line at each booth? If so, how are the lines, generally? What else should a first-timer know? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter