Dax's Journal

Hey Dax,

Welcome Back! Great job on getting that 70 pound clippie back! :thumbsup2 How have you and your family been doing?

Take care and have a great weekend! :sunny:

Hiya Dax! Long time no talk to!! Congrats on the loss!

I wish I could say the same. But yet again, I'm restarting my program today. How are the kiddos doing?

Welcome Back, Dax! Congrats on being back at 70 lbs gone!! That's AWESOME!!

How's the princess??

Have a great week!

Hey,

I'll post on here every couple of months no matter what anyone says....ok so I haven't been here in a while.

Lets catch up ds, Blake started Kindergarten this week. It felt like I was attending a high school class reunion with all the teachers who I went to hs with at his school. Anyway he is doing great.

DD, Olivia is 2 and a half now and is into everything and to quote her, she likes to jump! Which she does all over the house!

Dw is doing well, still at home.

I am doing good to. Have been sucessful maintaining weight loss, but i am ready now to start heading down again. I would like to lose another 60 pounds and get to 200.

"Wish" me luck!

Later,

Dax

Hiya Dax!

Long time, no see! Glad to hear your family is doing well! (and gosh I can't believe Olivia is 2 1/2 already!!!) It's good to have you back! Are you ready for some football? :cheer2:

Happy Thanksgiving, Dax! :goodvibes

I hope this finds you and your family doing well..... Please post an update when you can! :goodvibes

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anyone here?!?

It's been a while since I've been on WISH so I'm sneaking back in here. Wondering if my Kentucky buddy was still here?!

How are the kids?

Yes it is true, I am back baby. Okay started last week at 292, am down 7 in one week to 285. I have almost 5 months to lose as much as possible before our next trip to WDW!

It has been 4 (i think)years since the last one and we are doing it right. We are going Nov. 25 for a week staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We made the huge mistake of staying off site last time and blew tons of time on buses.

The kiddies are doing great, thanks for asking Des. Blake has just completed kindergarten, about to start first grade. He played in two basketball leagues (school and Upward at our church and loved it). We are finishing baseball this week. We actually got rained out tonight. He so far has really excelled in school and we are pleased with how well mannered he appears to be.

Miss Olivia just turned 3 in May and let me tell you, I am in trouble. She is just like her mother. She rules the roost at the tender age of 3. Blake and I are doomed....:scared1: She and her brother are swimming like there is no tomorrow. She reminds of a 3 year old Scarlet O'Hara. Her favorite thing to do is repeat things her older brother says. We told her once that she sounded like a mocking bird. Her reply to that was that she was not a "knocking bird". The name has stuck!

I am typing on my new Dell Inspiron laptop that I won at me work for turning in referrals for sales! I am so excited about it. I now have the wireless setup so I am not stuck in my dark basement typing away anymore!

Gotta run, hope to hear from everyone soon!

Dax

Latest pics of the kids! This was taken at Land Between the Lakes about a month ago!

OliviaandBlakeLBLsummer2007001.jpg

P.S. The animals in the background are elk.

Dax

Dax!!! Hey there! How the heck are you? I'm glad to hear from you! You are kidding me! There is no way that that pretty little baby of yours is now 3 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez, time sure has flown by! And Blake! What a little man he is now!

Congrats for committing again to a new you. I started back myself on June 1st but I haven't been journaling much here. I am down almost 9 pounds (8.8 if you want to get technical!!!) and have exercised consistantly for 25 days now. I'm glad to be back as well.

And big time congrats on your upcoming trip! We just decided to try for either Feb. 2008 or May 2008. Either for Mardi Gras or for when Devyn gets out of school. She just turned 13. :scared1: I figure I have about one more chance before the bratty stage hits and she won't be excited to go with us anymore! Hopefully that won't be the case, but teenagers can be so... moody! It's been since November 2004 since we last went. You guys are going the week after Thanksgiving? That's a GREAT time to go! We did that for our honeymoon and the weather and crowds were fantastic!

Well I hope you have a great day! And I look forward to seeing you more on these journals! Keep up the good work!

Hey Dax!

Great to hear from you!:goodvibes It sounds like you and your family are doing well.:grouphug: Great picture of your kids!:thumbsup2

We're going to WDW twice this year.... Once in September for free dining :banana: :yay: and our annual trip in December with whichever family members decide to show up. ;) :lmao: (We've been informed that yes, the family members that we're supposed to go the last 4 years are definitely going this year. I've heard that story before.;) :rotfl: ) I hope you'll do a trip report.... We want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge someday. I'll be interested to hear what you think about it.

Have a great day!:cool1:

:banana: Hey guys good to be back!:banana: Things are going well up here in Kentucky (or I guess down or over there depending where you are from!)

A couple of guys that I work with and I are starting a weight percentage loss contest for the next 4 months. Things are really busy. Work is constantly changing since our purchase by AT&T. Kind of exciting though, a good change of pace from the norm. Blake has his last baseball game on Thursday evening. We had our team pool party, gave out trophies etc...

Atkins went well today:

Water
Boiled eggs at breakfast
Chicken at lunch
Chicken at dinner

(boy I am making it tough on the chickens.!)

My guilty pleasure is Diet Mt. Dew. Yeah, yeah I know Atkins purists say no caffeine, but we can't all be perfect. I know that there is a caffeine free, but darn I love the caffeine! (I am going to atkins hell) I'm getting the water down. Well gotta run.

Later,

Dax

Pretty soon your going to start clucking!! :lmao:

How's the exercise going?

The exercise is not going that great yet. I have committed to the walking to get ready for WDW in Nov. I plan to start this weekend.

Baseball is over. Blake and I have committed to really working on his catching and throwing this year. His hitting is top notch. That should be good for losing a few pounds chasing baseballs!:thumbsup2

I'll check back in this weekend!

Later,

Dax

Yea chasing baseballs is always good for a workout! Maybe you can get Blake into playing soccer too and you'd burn a ton of calories that way!

Well had a really good day today. Stayed faithful to the Atkins. Blake, Olivia and I played outside while mom did some straightening up in the house.

Blake and I worked on catching and throwing today. He is making some nice progress and said he is having fun playing catch with old dad!

Des, I know I will catch flak for this, but Blake is not into soccer and I am glad of it. I know that your dd plays and I think it is a great sport for kids, but dw and I don't want to overload him. We want him busy, but not too loaded up. He plays basketball, baseball and this fall he expressed interest in flag football. I have a couple of beefs with soccer. One, they play year round. Summer soccer, fall soccer, indoor soccer, spring soccer. To me it is a little much. Two, I just don't like it. We never discouraged Blake from playing, but then again, we never encouraged him either. He has friends who play, but he has never once asked to play or anything. If he wanted to play, we would discuss it. My wifes nephew actually got a college scholarship in the sport, but we just feel he should only do one thing at a time, and his schedule is full.

Des, I didn't mean to flame about soccer, I know lots of people love it and I really have nothing against it other than it is not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Gotta run!

Dax

Ah no flak from me here! Actually Dev only played Soccer that one year. She didn't care for it too much. I guess it was too much exercise! She is into softball and volleyball though. No basketball (much to mom's dismay!) though.

Actually tough, I just signed Devyn and myself up for tennis lessons so we may be picking up another sport here soon! We'll see how that goes! I've always liked tennis but just could never get the hang of it, nor coud I ever find anyone to play with me. I'm trying to convince my mom to give it a shot (ha!) too. We'll see I guess. The lessons don't start until towards the end of July. Gotta do something to fill up the time between baseball season and football!

Well I need to get off of this and pay a visit to my dear friend, Mr. Elliptical. I'm going to shoot for 45 minutes this morning! Wish me luck! :eek:

Oh, glad to hear that Blake is already improving with throwing and catching! Are you grooming a pitcher????

Hey Dax,

That's great that you're burning some calories while helping your son with baseball practice. Sounds like a lot more fun than jogging!;)

My DDs are both soccer players, but they want to venture out into other sports as well. My DD6 is a natural at any sport you throw her way.... Soccer, baseball, golf, basketball.... She loves them all! My DD4 is more reserved about athletics but is showing a huge interest in gymnastics at this point. We're planning on getting her into some classes in the fall. :goodvibes

Hope you have a safe and Happy 4th!:goodvibes

Hi Dax
Just wanted to pop in & say 'hi'
Thanks for stopping by my journal :)
I used to do Atkins, you've got me thinking now whether i should consider going back on it!!
The pic of your kids is great - very cute!
Oh & my DH is a BIG soccer fan ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter