David & Ian - PJ & TR Sept 17th 2009 - Epcot UK/Attic/UK Lockside - TR Starts PG 14

How exciting another british couple getting married at Disney.

I love that you met each other whilst working at the world. I would have loved to have worked in Disney but that wasn't the path for me.

I love your save the dates they are fantastic.

And I'm happy to hear you have booked Misty, we loved working with her and her husband.

Can't wait to hear about more of your plans.

It feels like the wedding has taken over our whole lives, if we aren't working we are planning something or talking about the wedding, it makes me wonder what I used to do before it??????:confused3 ...and what i'll do afterwards???? :confused3

This statement is so true and made me laugh as I also felt like this. But just think after the wedding you get to tell us all about in on Dis.

So excited for both of you! Congratulations on getting your date and locations. Your save the dates are wonderfully creative and well-executed! Can't wait to hear about all of your plans and how it all comes together! :goodvibes

Hey I just started reading this PJ and had to say that your save the dates are awesome! That was a really great idea. I can't imagine how you are going to outdo those with the invites!

And I'm happy to hear you have booked Misty, we loved working with her and her husband.

I've just read your PJ and it looks like you had such a good time, your photos with Misty look amazing, we are really glad that we chose her. We just did the cheap and cheerful package where we get 8 hours and all the photos on a cd. She has said we can split this time for a small extra cost as our cermony is so early and then dessert party on the evening. From your report it sounds like she is great to work with.

I am glad you posted pics of the dessert party, was there plenty of food?

I just wanted to share pictures of our "Save the dates". I know that Disney send them out for you, but we wanted to make something a bit more personal, plus I have been planning to make these for over a year!!!

Save the date cards
IMG_1405-1.jpg

Cards and envelopes
IMG_1408-1.jpg

When we were at WDW last year David asked for some extra blank room keys so that we could make them. I used clear self adhesive printer paper and tried to re-create the design of an existing key to the world I had.

The envelopes were the hardest part because the part where it looks like a rubber stamp was actually printed on. My printer chewed up more envelopes than came out right!!! I think they were worth it however, because all our guest have commented how cool they were.

First-Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading about your planning!
I LOVE THESE!!! :love: I just showed them to BF and he loved them too. Do you mind if I borrow this idea? When BF likes something I go with it. (He will be DF soon-ring has been ordered-just waiting for it to get here :cloud9: ) Was Disney ok with giving you the cards? did you tell them what you were using them for? That is my only worry...That they wouldn't give me any extra. :scared1:

Thank you so much for a great idea!

We didn't have any problems when we asked, we explained what we wanted to use them for the lady at the desk thought it was a great idea. The only thing to bear in mind would be that we only needed to ask for 12 as our wedding is quite small. I am not sure how they would react if you need a lot of these.

We didn't have any problems when we asked, we explained what we wanted to use them for the lady at the desk thought it was a great idea. The only thing to bear in mind would be that we only needed to ask for 12 as our wedding is quite small. I am not sure how they would react if you need a lot of these.

I need 8 total-and that is including one for my scrapbook :rotfl: What hotel did you get them at? (Thank you bunches!)

We picked them up from Pop Century when we stayed there last year. I would be surprised if they wouldn't give you 8, just remeber to let them know that you want blank ones!!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding too!

We picked them up from Pop Century when we stayed there last year. I would be surprised if they wouldn't give you 8, just remeber to let them know that you want blank ones!!!!!

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding too!

Thanks! We are staying at the POP in Feb. I'll be sure to get them.

I am glad you posted pics of the dessert party, was there plenty of food?

I think we originally had one of those packages with Misty but decided at the last minute to change it to all day and I'm glad we did as we got over 3500 photos. But you will need to split her time with you because of your timings. I'm glad she is willing to work something out with you. She is so lovely.

When I first saw the food at the DP I did think there would be more but we were all so full from our dinner there was more than enough. There were 12 of us in total and they catered for the right amount. We ate so much that day and on the holiday I'm still trying to lose the weight!

Yeah, with it starting early and the desert party not until the evening there will be a gap of about 5/6 hours in the day so it wasn't worth having the whole day and I think the 8 hours will be absolutely perfect. She seems really nice in the contact that we have had with her so far.

I get excited about it all every time I think about it!

I get excited about it all every time I think about it!

What are you going to be like when you are there! I didn't really realize how excited I was but I must have been as I kept getting my mum up at about 6am every morning before the wedding. I just couldn't believe we were getting married at Disney.

I have just spent the weekend making invitations, with DIS for company of course! (Why did nobody tell me lurkyloo had another trip report up!!!) I was going to post pictures of those but I suddenly realised that I haven't even posted information about other things that have already happened.... such as buying our wedding rings!

I know that it is quite a way off our wedding date, but we knew that we wanted rings from Tiffany's. With this in mind and a favourable exchange rate we decided to purchase them when we were in Las Vegas at the end of September.

We stayed at Bellagio so there was a Tiffany & Co store right in out hotel which was perfect. David even emailed the hotel to tell them we were celebrating our engagement (not exactly the truth) but they put a box of chocolates in our room!!!

IMG_1634.jpg

We bought the rings the first night we were there because I was too excited to wait any longer, so after having dinner at Olives we went shopping!!!

I was a little dissapointed because it didn't take too long and I wanted it to be a 3 hour extravaganza - trying on every ring in the place!

Here is the tacky tourist pose of us after the purchase!
P1010202.jpg
P1010200.jpg

I was determined to get my moneys worth so had photographs taken with the bag around the hotel, and even up the Eiffel Tower! I forgot to take pictures with the fountains however and had to return the next night!!! Sharp eyed readers will notice that we both have different clothes on and that is why!!! All that was in the bag was my cell phone and our camcorder!!! Ha Ha!!!

IMG_1643.jpg

Me looking like I am wearing a Bellagio crown!
IMG_1641.jpg

Us being very trusting and asking a random tourist to take our picture!
IMG_1657.jpg

The boxes once we got home!
IMG_1730.jpg

The rings! I always wanted a platinum ring, but after discussing with a friend she planted the seed in my mind that i would "grow to like gold" and after all these rings are for the rest of our lives! The more I looked at the gold rings the more I liked them and I am very happy with what we got.
IMG_1729.jpg

Two final photos just to prove that we DID take those babies everywhere! Here is us both outside Disneyland with the rings in their boxes!!!!
IMG_1695.jpg
IMG_1696.jpg

Congrats on getting your date for the wedding!! I feel like a slacker and that we need to purchase our rings too!! We are getting ours from Tiffany's as well so I know exactly which ones you got!! Very nice!!

I love the pictures of you guys and the ring everywhere! Now I'm getting ideas for our trip to WDW! hehehe :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter