DAS is getting an Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if people are using DAS and genie+ and lightning lane, they can enter the park starting off with 5 rides am I right? 2 for DAS, 1 for Genie plus, and 2 for lighting lane???

Correct. But paying for GP+ and IAS selections is the same for everyone so not sure why one would count that. It has nothing to do with having DAS

The concern is people abusing DAS to avoid paying because they are getting it for free.

So, as long as IAS is not included in the advance selections for free…and they shouldn’t be IMO…then people are less likely to want to try and get DAS.

People pay thousands for a Disney vacation, if using DAS gets them 2 additional selections, trust me some will do it. Like, I said earlier, if you use DAS, genie + and Lightning lane you can start off with 5 prebooked rides right off the bat.Just having 5 rides could make a successful Disney day for many!

People pay thousands for a Disney vacation, if using DAS gets them 2 additional selections, trust me some will do it. Like, I said earlier, if you use DAS, genie + and Lightning lane you can start off with 5 prebooked rides right off the bat.Just having 5 rides could make a successful Disney day for many!

And someone without DAS starts with 3. I just don’t see anyone who didn’t try to abuse it before who is paying anyway to start now.

Plus we don’t know which attractions are going to be available for pre selection. It may not be ones that are of issue anyway.

Of course people will try to abuse it. They do now. Just don’t see it being rampant unless IAS is given for free. Since they don’t give DAS special access to ROTR without a boarding group, nothing suggests these would be included.

Correct. But paying for GP+ and IAS selections is the same for everyone so not sure why one would count that. It has nothing to do with having DAS

The concern is people abusing DAS to avoid paying because they are getting it for free.

So, as long as IAS is not included in the advance selections for free…and they shouldn’t be IMO…then people are less likely to want to try and get DAS.

I guess I’m confused as to how you are counting DAS users as only getting one extra. Without GP+ or IAS, those without a DAS cannot have anything booked in advance (even day of), they will only have access to standby lines. Which means that someone with a DAS starts (at opening) with an additional two rides booked. Again, not saying this is unfair, just pointing out my understanding. If we aren’t counting GP+ or IAS, how are the non-DAS people having any rides selected?

UnlessI don’t understand how non-DAS ride selection works?

And someone without DAS starts with 3. I just don’t see anyone who didn’t try to abuse it before who is paying anyway to start now.

Plus we don’t know which attractions are going to be available for pre selection. It may not be ones that are of issue anyway.

Of course people will try to abuse it. They do now. Just don’t see it being rampant unless IAS is given for free. Since they don’t give DAS special access to ROTR without a boarding group, nothing suggests these would be included.
They will only start off with 3 only if they are willing to pay. Some people will abuse the system to get 2 rides in their opinion for "free" on a DAS. Two rides at Disney is huge!!! They don't have to be headliner rides either for a huge demand. For example, it is rumored that the two Lightning Lane rides at MK will be Space and 7 Dwarfs. Which leaves, Splash,Thunder, Pirates etc as a DAS choice.

They will only start off with 3 only if they are willing to pay. Some people will abuse the system to get 2 rides in their opinion for "free" on a DAS. Two rides at Disney is huge!!! They don't have to be headliner rides either for a huge demand. For example, it is rumored that the two Lightning Lane rides at MK will be Space and 7 Dwarfs. Which leaves, Splash,Thunder, Pirates etc as a DAS choice.

I get that but a DAS holder only gets 5 if they pay. So you can’t compare a paying DAS guest to a non paying non DAS guest and say that having DAS gets you a lot more. Apples to oranges.

Paying guests is 3 vs 5. Non paying guests is 0 vs 2.

Net result for having DAS when walking in a park is a net gain of 2, not 5.

Again, advanced selections give the DAS guest something they didn’t have. But DAS guests also had to wait on day 1 to get the pass which took away time to go straight to a line which non DAS guests did not.

So if abusing the system for 2’passes and the risk of being caught is worth it, some will do it.

But not to the extent that all of a sudden people are going to jump through hoops.

If you do the virtual meeting with the Cast Member you can get the DAS pass 30 days in advance and in turn you can select 2 rides 30 days in advance as well. That is a huge plus, as some may see it. Also, I don't see how you don't see the fact that getting 2 rides isn't a big deal for some. Not trying to be rude at all but can you explain why you think it's not a huge deal for some to want to have 2 pre booked rides?? I mean even with fast pass plus, people were beaking their necks to make their selections 60 days out for the ride of their choice. With fast pass plus people were getting 3 choices only one less than DAS'S 2 choices. Also, I don't think Disney is really going to catch the majority of the people who scam to get the DAS. How, can they without pre judging or accusing with can have bad out comes.

Last edited:

[

Yup. No different than before. It's not going to make a huge difference. It's just people overreacting to change, as is normal.

I get that but a DAS holder only gets 5 if they pay. So you can’t compare a paying DAS guest to a non paying non DAS guest and say that having DAS gets you a lot more. Apples to oranges.

Paying guests is 3 vs 5. Non paying guests is 0 vs 2.

Net result for having DAS when walking in a park is a net gain of 2, not 5.

Again, advanced selections give the DAS guest something they didn’t have. But DAS guests also had to wait on day 1 to get the pass which took away time to go straight to a line which non DAS guests did not.

So if abusing the system for 2’passes and the risk of being caught is worth it, some will do it.

But not to the extent that all of a sudden people are going to jump through hoops.

And to add to this, we will still lose park time, because even with the advance booking, you still have to go have your identity verified in person in park, before you can use your DAS - including those prebooked rides.

[

Yup. No different than before. It's not going to make a huge difference. It's just people overreacting to change, as is normal.
The two prebookes rides were not in place before and the general population gets 0 prebookings now for free. In the past the general population got 3 prebooking aka fastlasses

And to add to this, we will still lose park time, because even with the advance booking, you still have to go have your identity verified in person in park, before you can use your DAS - including those prebooked rides.
I don't think you will loose time. They can identify you at the ride on the I Pad. Trust me Disney is trying to get away from a whole bunch of people at guest services.

Last edited:
The two prebookes rides were not in place before and the general population gets 0 prebookings now for free. In the past the general population got 3 prebooking aka fastlasses

Yup. And before DAS users (and cheaters) got to use DAS AND FP+ for free. Now they don't. That is a loss for DAS users, hence why they are being given 2 advanced bookings. So they're still down 1 from before. Everyone is overreacting. It's not going to be as many as people are panicking about.

If you do the virtual meeting with the Cast Member you can get the DAS pass 30 days in advance and in turn you can select 2 rides 30 days in advance as well. That is a huge plus, as some may see it. Also, I don't see how you don't see the fact that getting 2 rides isn't a big deal for some. Not trying to be rude at all but can you explain why you think it's not a huge deal for some to want to have 2 pre booked rides?? I mean even with fast pass plus, people were beaking their necks to make their selections 60 days out for the ride of their choice. With fast pass plus people were getting 3 choices only one less than DAS'S 2 choices. Also, I don't think Disney is really going to catch the majority of the people who scam to get the DAS. How, can they without pre judging or accusing with can have bad out comes.

Because I think the majority of people out there have integrity and will not try to abuse the system any more than when we had FP+

I am DAS and will not be selecting 2 advanced. Why? Because I have no idea ahead of time what
My day will be like.

So even all DAS holders Are not going to do it. With that we can agree to disagree on our thoughts.

If you are not selecting the 2 pre booked rides, then maybe that is why you are not seeing the value in it and what a big deal this can be to some. I have a child that needs DAS and for me knowing in advance what 2 rides we can do ahead of time is a big bonus. I think there will be an up tick in people trying to see if they qualify for a DAS. Like I said before people spend thousands on family vacations to Disney and some people will do what they can to get their money's worth or just to make their child happy, even if it does involve trying to cheat the system. I think more than you may think will attempt.

Since ADA requires no proof of disability be given, I also can't see how Disney can enforce their statement. About the only thing it might curb are those videos out there about how to get a DAS, etc.

As I said before, they'll rely on all the data genie gives them and compare that the statements made and pics taken...

They will easily see...
- How long and how often over the course of a trip a DAS holder can actually wait in line
- If the DAS holder is actually riding every ride
- If the DAS holder's "riding partners" are the same for every day of the trip

Etc, etc, etc...

Again, I don't think Disney will bar someone, unless they are online bragging (or bragging in front of CMs) about fraud. But, I can see them denying renewals and then saying the park usage does not display the needs discussed...and leaving it up to the DAS holder to then provide proof. B/c then, they aren't asking for disability - they are just saying the DAS holder already has displayed the ability for equal access without the pass, so why would the pass still be needed...and it's off them, and now on you, to prove it, b/c they have their proof.

I don't think Disney will do this because at that point Disney would just be making accusations. When you are in a stand by line you are not scanning anything for Disney to know you just stood in a two hour line. For example, some people may have issue with anxiety when standing in lines and they may try to actually stand in lines to try to help themselves try to work on their anxiety issues once in a while as goal for themselves. So, if they are in a line does not automatically mean they lied, it may be something they are trying to work on for themselves. Symptoms don't show up everyday for some people. So, some people do have issues and need DAS if they get triggered and need to start taking themselves out of the stand by system.

Since ADA requires no proof of disability be given, I also can't see how Disney can enforce their statement. About the only thing it might curb are those videos out there about how to get a DAS, etc.
I still say it is mostly there to scare off the YouTubers and such that have provided proof they were lying to get it on the form of their videos.

As I said before, they'll rely on all the data genie gives them and compare that the statements made and pics taken...

They will easily see...
- How long and how often over the course of a trip a DAS holder can actually wait in line

Etc, etc, etc...

Again, I don't think Disney will bar someone, unless they are online bragging (or bragging in front of CMs) about fraud. But, I can see them denying renewals and then saying the park usage does not display the needs discussed...and leaving it up to the DAS holder to then provide proof. B/c then, they aren't asking for disability - they are just saying the DAS holder already has displayed the ability for equal access without the pass, so why would the pass still be needed...and it's off them, and now on you, to prove it, b/c they have their proof.
Well, as I have mentioned before, for many it isn't just the length of the wait, it is for many about location of the wait. At DL, there are several attractions where for some a DAS return would cause more problems than the standard queue while others where the standard queue would cause more issues. But I would think that would be discussed when requesting the DAS, so there would be a record of why sometimes they are using the regular queue and not others.

They will easily see...

Etc, etc, etc...

Genie app won't give data if it is not being used though. And basing DAS need on how many attractions you go on? Would they be setting a limit for everyone or just DAS holders? Why would the DAS holder have to have the same partners every day as well? We had a friend join us half way through the trip- she was with us for 4 days, using 2 different tickets (one 3 day, one single day) and so she was actually in the system twice. Nothing illegit about it, but that would be a flag for you?

BTW, they already use the pictures taken for comparison. Are you saying the reasons for requiring DAS are visible to every CM who gives a return time?

Genie app won't give data if it is not being used though. And basing DAS need on how many attractions you go on? Would they be setting a limit for everyone or just DAS holders? Why would the DAS holder have to have the same partners every day as well? We had a friend join us half way through the trip- she was with us for 4 days, using 2 different tickets (one 3 day, one single day) and so she was actually in the system twice. Nothing illegit about it, but that would be a flag for you?

BTW, they already use the pictures taken for comparison. Are you saying the reasons for requiring DAS are visible to every CM who gives a return time?

I'm saying Disney corporate will now have even more data than they did before. With the bright bold warnings about fraud now being shared by corporate, one cannot assume Disney will not find some way to use that data to handle an issue they believe they are having or will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter