Danielle & Chris: 11-11-11 WP/ADH/DP Wedding PJ/TR - Complete *(1 Year Anniversary)

I'll give you my honest reaction: the jewelry is very pretty and your dress is truly gorgeous, but I'm not really feeling them *together*. To my eye, the jewelry is just a little bit too much with the dress and detracts from it a little. And I think it's not even so much the bracelet as it is the necklace that sort of overpowers the design of the dress.

JMHO. :flower3:

Also just MHO but I agree with pixie. I think the bracelet goes well, but the necklace is a little too much and detracts somewhat from your absolutely gorgeous dress!!!
What about trying bigger earrings and no necklace???

I agree with some of the others in that the top of your dress is interesting and beautiful on its own, and that you really don't need a necklace. If you want to add some bling, maybe a cool headband or vintage hair pins or clips? Or a cool fascinator? If you're wearing your hair up...then some big earrings could work too.

I LOVE the jewelry, it is so gorgeous and I think it will go perfect with your Art Deco theme! I debated about doing that myself as I am also using ADH, so I will be very excited to see how it all turns out! If you don't end up wearing the jewelry with your wedding gown, I would still get it and wear it for the rehearsal or something because it is just so glamorous!

omg that jewellery is amazing! And its looks gorgeous with the dress!! What are you waiting for...buy it!! :goodvibes

I'll give you my honest reaction: the jewelry is very pretty and your dress is truly gorgeous, but I'm not really feeling them *together*. To my eye, the jewelry is just a little bit too much with the dress and detracts from it a little. And I think it's not even so much the bracelet as it is the necklace that sort of overpowers the design of the dress.

JMHO. :flower3:

Also just MHO but I agree with pixie. I think the bracelet goes well, but the necklace is a little too much and detracts somewhat from your absolutely gorgeous dress!!!
What about trying bigger earrings and no necklace???

I agree with some of the others in that the top of your dress is interesting and beautiful on its own, and that you really don't need a necklace. If you want to add some bling, maybe a cool headband or vintage hair pins or clips? Or a cool fascinator? If you're wearing your hair up...then some big earrings could work too.

I LOVE the jewelry, it is so gorgeous and I think it will go perfect with your Art Deco theme! I debated about doing that myself as I am also using ADH, so I will be very excited to see how it all turns out! If you don't end up wearing the jewelry with your wedding gown, I would still get it and wear it for the rehearsal or something because it is just so glamorous!

Thank you all! I appreciate all of your opinions! :goodvibes

It may seem a little much, but I think my best option is to order it and see how it looks in person. I may even remove the part on the necklace that hangs down, so it's just a plain circle... :confused3 We will see!!!

Thank you all! I appreciate all of your opinions! :goodvibes

It may seem a little much, but I think my best option is to order it and see how it looks in person. I may even remove the part on the necklace that hangs down, so it's just a plain circle... :confused3 We will see!!!

There you go! You're right ... in person is always the best way to know for sure. And I like the idea of possibly removing the drop on the necklace to make it complement the dress a bit more ... it really is pretty jewelry. :)

I am OVER-THE-MOON right now! :goodvibes

A couple posts back, I mentioned how I was stressing over which photographers to use for our actual wedding day.

It was especially hard for me, because I have a B.F.A. in photo...so all I would do was critique other artist's photos. :confused3 I was also in a hard spot where all of our artsy-college friends who studied photography offered to shoot our wedding, but I had to go with my gut and decline. (I couldn't risk anything bad happening :scared1:)

Then ALL of the most-used/well-known DISboard photographers were unavailable for our date. :guilty:

I was getting really upset until I found a post about a set of photographers that were similar to the Roots, so I Googled them.

(This is the exciting part :)):
**We are using Ashley and Phillip Colhouer from 13:13 !!!!!** :yay:

If you haven't seen their work...go to their site and blog! :thumbsup2
http://1313photography.com/

I feel at such peace right now knowing that we are going to have fantastic photos! :rolleyes:

I'm really excited too because we are actually going to have Ashley and Phillip a couple days through our trip (they live a little ways away; so we're housing them at Disney) They're going to be able to shoot our rehearsal and our wedding day!

Chris and I are traveling down to Cape Cod tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family (This is my first Thanksgiving without my parents! :sad1:) But I know I will have a fun time...we get to share more wedding info with them! :laughing:

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!! :flower3:

hey my names Vicky, i came across you because i'm searching for a reception location, and i saw you had the same problem a few months ago. I see you went with the Dance hall, which would also be my pick except my wedding is March 10 2011 on a thursday, the ceremony is a 5pm and they dont offer it past 6. Did you get to see the other location you were interested in i know you mentioned the LSS, which i like the idea of, but i'm worried about how dark it is and the way its set up. I'm new to this site any info you can throw at me would be great. I love the choices you've made so far, especially your color choices they look great together.

yay for getting what you wanted! so relieving to know you are safe with good photographers! i cant wait to read more, hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

hey my names Vicky, i came across you because i'm searching for a reception location, and i saw you had the same problem a few months ago. I see you went with the Dance hall, which would also be my pick except my wedding is March 10 2011 on a thursday, the ceremony is a 5pm and they dont offer it past 6. Did you get to see the other location you were interested in i know you mentioned the LSS, which i like the idea of, but i'm worried about how dark it is and the way its set up. I'm new to this site any info you can throw at me would be great. I love the choices you've made so far, especially your color choices they look great together.

Hi hun, I'll send you some of my personal experience with the venue locations in a PM. :)

yay for getting what you wanted! so relieving to know you are safe with good photographers! i cant wait to read more, hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

Thanks Sarah! I do feel at ease (finally!!!) :goodvibes

We got the go from my planner--our Planning Session and Menu Tasting will be on May 12th, 2011!!! :thumbsup2

So I've been on the phone with my parents about making our travel arrangements. I think I've made our whole little trip schedule...it might change a little though.
Me and my parents are staying at the Wilderness Lodge this time for 3 nights! SO EXCITED! ;)
I don't know where Chris and his parents want to stay yet...It'd be great if we could all stay together at the Wilderness Lodge, but I don't want to force anyone to staying there (I know that the rustic theme overpowers some people) and knowing his mom, she'd wanna stay at the Poly, haha.

But here is the tentative May 2011 trip schedule:

Screenshot2010-12-03at91902PM.png

I'm excited to be trying the California Grill and Hoop-Dee-Doo for the first time! :goodvibes

I got word from my family and friends that they received our save-the-dates in the mail this week!!! :goodvibes I'm so excited!

I haven't even seen them in person yet, but they are the ones that DFTW provides:
std-2.jpg

They even said that they were able to get on the facebook wedding website, which I guess is working fine... :confused::laughing:

I also went ahead and ordered some shoes!!!
I thought I originally found a pair that I was going to buy, but the heel turned out to be too tall (I'm not good with heels! :laughing:)

So I've been searching the web for WEEKS trying to see if there was something I like.

Then I came across a pair of Nina shoes which had an appropriate heel size for me! And it came in white satin (that will match my dress) and it has a pleating design! Then I noticed that you could make your own in the same style.

So here's what I ordered!
Screenshot2010-12-08at82506PM.jpg

Screenshot2010-12-08at82520PM.jpg

Screenshot2010-12-08at82526PM.jpg

It's gonna be my "something blue" :lovestruc

Then I ended up finding an online coupon code and saved 30% plus got free shipping and sent it to Fe's house in NH so I got no tax too! :cool1:

Let's just hope they're gonna fit! :confused3

I am so jealous that you are a Pittsburgh gal. Df and I are huge Steelers fans and we love PA. If it wasn’t so cold we would move there. We have been to Philadelphia a couple times, still hoping to eventually make it out to a game in Pittsburgh though. YAY a fellow CM. I actually worked at Disney Store on the studio lot in 2001, it isn’t there anymore :o( Do you love it? Is your store one of the new style?
I love that you chose 11-11-11 because it has so much meaning behind it! I can’t believe that it was exactly 1,000 days later, if you ask me it’s fate! It’s so cute how you and your Mom dressed similarly and that DFTW snapped your pic. That’s a fun keepsake. Sooooo glad you were able to get the DT flower girl cones & ring pillow so inexpensively! (If you ask me they were way overpriced to begin with just to have his name attached to them) They are beautiful though. AKL sounds amazing (and romantic), I read about their concierge level and the special safari thing. I imagine you forget you are in Florida sometimes staying there. I think you made the right choice about the flower girl dresses and surprisingly the stock photo didn’t do it justice. I think it will be absolutely perfect for your little princesses!! It is so sparkly!!
Drinking around the world seems like fun, I like the checklist. (stealing it) I love the top of the dresses they match beautifully. Your dress is gorgeous! What a great idea, the Cindy pic for your guests. Did you change the back to B&W (Being an artistically gifted person)? I think feathers rock for centerpieces and you are right, they do match the style and theme of the hall.
OK, I’m super jealous that you went to the D23 Fantasia 70th event. I bet it was awesome. I can’t wait for the next D23 expo out here in Aug!!

BTW, I think the jewelry you found is stunning and not too overpowering. It is hard to tell on the model because of her subtle make-up, but I am sure it will look perfect, if you love it, go for it!

you'll be at your planning session the same time we are on vacation!! we will be staying at the gf so maybe we'll see your epix at some point!! we may try to do ours then too. haven't decided yet.

so i'm not sure if i ever told you... i was born and raised in the pittsburgh area and moved away at 19 after i completed my first/only year of college at point park. are you headed there for the holidays? i'm leaving on the 23rd and am coming back on the 26th.

all your plans look great btw!

All of your dinning choices sound great, many of those are my favorite places to eat at! Congrats on booking the planning session and getting the STD'S!

I am so jealous that you are a Pittsburgh gal. Df and I are huge Steelers fans and we love PA. If it wasn’t so cold we would move there. We have been to Philadelphia a couple times, still hoping to eventually make it out to a game in Pittsburgh though. YAY a fellow CM. I actually worked at Disney Store on the studio lot in 2001, it isn’t there anymore :o( Do you love it? Is your store one of the new style?
I love that you chose 11-11-11 because it has so much meaning behind it! I can’t believe that it was exactly 1,000 days later, if you ask me it’s fate! It’s so cute how you and your Mom dressed similarly and that DFTW snapped your pic. That’s a fun keepsake. Sooooo glad you were able to get the DT flower girl cones & ring pillow so inexpensively! (If you ask me they were way overpriced to begin with just to have his name attached to them) They are beautiful though. AKL sounds amazing (and romantic), I read about their concierge level and the special safari thing. I imagine you forget you are in Florida sometimes staying there. I think you made the right choice about the flower girl dresses and surprisingly the stock photo didn’t do it justice. I think it will be absolutely perfect for your little princesses!! It is so sparkly!!
Drinking around the world seems like fun, I like the checklist. (stealing it) I love the top of the dresses they match beautifully. Your dress is gorgeous! What a great idea, the Cindy pic for your guests. Did you change the back to B&W (Being an artistically gifted person)? I think feathers rock for centerpieces and you are right, they do match the style and theme of the hall.
OK, I’m super jealous that you went to the D23 Fantasia 70th event. I bet it was awesome. I can’t wait for the next D23 expo out here in Aug!!

BTW, I think the jewelry you found is stunning and not too overpowering. It is hard to tell on the model because of her subtle make-up, but I am sure it will look perfect, if you love it, go for it!

Aww, thanks for reading through my PJ! I really appreciate it :goodvibes

That's awesome that you guys love Pittsburgh! I totally understand about the cold weather (and it's cloudy almost every day, booo :rolleyes:)

I am TOTALLY in love with being a CM. Best feeling ever. Our store is not one of the new ones, but it gets the job done. :lovestruc

LOL. And yes, I did change the b/g to the Cindy pic. ;)

I'm going to the next D23 Expo!!! We should have a DISmeet! :thumbsup2

you'll be at your planning session the same time we are on vacation!! we will be staying at the gf so maybe we'll see your epix at some point!! we may try to do ours then too. haven't decided yet.

so i'm not sure if i ever told you... i was born and raised in the pittsburgh area and moved away at 19 after i completed my first/only year of college at point park. are you headed there for the holidays? i'm leaving on the 23rd and am coming back on the 26th.

all your plans look great btw!

Yay! Disney in May is such a great time! I think it'll be great if you get a chance to spy on us doing our epics! :goodvibes

And Woohoo to another Pittsburgh girl!!! :woohoo: It's insane how many PA brides I'm reading about on here! Small world.
I don't know my plans for the holidays yet (fast approaching, I know) but my work schedule isn't done yet. I am flying back to Pittsburgh this week though, I have jury duty, so I guess I'll be celebrating the holidays with my family early.

All of your dinning choices sound great, many of those are my favorite places to eat at! Congrats on booking the planning session and getting the STD'S!

Thanks! We're getting really excited about everything. Especially the dining, isn't dining at Disney like...the best part?! :laughing:

:bride:11 months!!!!!! :bride:

I can't believe a month has already passed from our 1 year mark! I guess it really will go by fast!!! :laughing:

Also, I ordered our cake knife and server set! I thought it was reminiscent of the "glitzy glam" style in the Art Deco era :)
GHMA02180801.jpg

PS. Seasonal flavor Mint Chocolate Silk is DELICOUS! ;)

Have a great weekend! :hug:

:love::love:Yay!!!!! 11 month mark for us both!!! :):love::love:

Love the cake server set!! I am debating whether to get one or not, since we will have cupcakes, but we will still be cutting something for the cake cutting ceremony... :goodvibes

Gorgeous princess sparkly cake cutting set, I love it!! I would love to have a DISmeet for the expo!!I went to the first one, but after work and only for one day so i missed a lot! Planning ahead for the next one. ;) So glad you love working at the DS, I do miss it. Can't wait to read more!!!popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter