D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just second hand from my nephew who is a CM and will be working SWGE...but the main criteria for restricting entry to one time per person for the reservation period is the ticket used. If you try to use the same park hopper or AP twice, you won't be able to get in the second time. The ID's are just to limit the second hand market.

That would make sense. Whether they can implement that successfully is another question.

This is just second hand from my nephew who is a CM and will be working SWGE...but the main criteria for restricting entry to one time per person for the reservation period is the ticket used. If you try to use the same park hopper or AP twice, you won't be able to get in the second time. The ID's are just to limit the second hand market.
Interesting. Anyone with multiple reservations, please report back on your experience after your first check in.

For anyone still waiting in the hold queue, take heart. After refreshing for well over an hour (and I was on the page shortly after 8 am), we got our reservation. DH will be happy. :)

OKAY..... I'm in for a second date!!! :dogdance: I have the 1st from the Villa ressie for check on June 21st BUT THEY have us scheduled for checkout June 22nd with our time block of 8am - 12pm !:worship: NOW the 2nd date I MADE is for actually Friday June 21st with time block 11am - 3pm!!! :thanks:

SO WHY might it be an issue if you have more than one reservation for entering SWGE??? :rolleyes:

Are we allowed to have both one from a hotel stay AND one from the lottery?

My guess, based on how they do Moonlight Magic and because my hotel confirmation does not have a QR code, they will issue you wristband for the hotel stay at the hotel, and you will use your QR code for your other reservation.

I think you will be fine.

Seriously? Can anyone else confirm this?
It now says reservations are no longer available. My second device just got through the screen. I was logged in right at 10 AM and it just put me through a few minutes ago. My husband forgot, logged in 46 minutes late and got past the hold screen in about 10 minutes.

Makes total and complete sense, tell your nephew may the force be with him!! lol

A Sunday at DL when WonkaKid isn't first on Peter Pan!
Ha! Actually, I was first in line both yesterday and last Sunday. Both times, there were families with small children behind me. When I reached the boarding area, I let both of them have my first-place spot :-).

My friend just realized that our reservations are for 8:00 p.m. Not a.m. :-(. Still cool, though. I'll try later to make my own reservations.

Did it ask how many in your party? My reservation only shows my name. I hope I did it right.

When I first did mine (while in a room with 25 middle schoolers doing various activities), I missed the "add" people to your party button. Ended up with a reservation that just listed my name. UGH!
I went back in the waiting line under my husband's account and did it correctly the second time. His confirmation now shows all 5 of our names listed. (I will call when they aren't slammed to see if they can cancel and free up my loner boo boo reservation since I would rather go with the family)

Last edited:
When I first did mine (while in a room with 25 middle schoolers doing various activities), I missed the "add" people to your party button. Ended up with a reservation that just listed my name. UGH!
I went back in the waiting line under my husband's account and did it correctly the second time. My/his confirmation now shows all 5 of our names listed.

Same!!

I also wonder how well they will be able to implement a system like that, but it doesn't seem impossible. If they can do it with FPs, they should be able to do it with this (assuming they want the line to enter SWGE to back up worse than FP return lines because they are doing both ticket scans and ID checks).

Since we have multiple reservations from different sources, I'll hold out to see what implementation looks like before buying tickets. If this is truly how they are keeping people out, the easy work around is to buy multiple single day tickets rather than one multi-day ticket -- still cheaper than VIP tours!

Ha! Actually, I was first in line both yesterday and last Sunday. Both times, there were families with small children behind me. When I reached the boarding area, I let both of them have my first-place spot :-).

My friend just realized that our reservations are for 8:00 p.m. Not a.m. :-(. Still cool, though. I'll try later to make my own reservations.

Not sure why but I was in Google Chrome loading for an hour and a half but then I tried IE and was in 10 mins later.

Interesting. Anyone with multiple reservations, please report back on your experience after your first check in.

Yes, I'll be interested to see how this works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter