D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly I logged in from desktop about 10:05, and phone at 9:55. Desktop got through, and phone is still pending.

I was trying on my phone and laptop. I originally opened Google Chrome on the laptop, but then also did IE a bit later (like 10:15). Guess what came through - my IE version that was last opened!!! Hey - I got in and that is what was most important to me!

There's pretty much no possible way you're going to be able to ride Smuggler's Run and create a light saber / build a droid in a 4 hour window. The times will begin backing up as more and more people refuse to leave because they are still in line for something and it will be a predictable mayhem. No thanks.

I'm going to be more glass is half full and think this might not be as much chaos as some people think. It all depends on how many reservations they limit it to. If the number isn't terribly high... I think it could turn out to be an amazing experience. If I was Disney, for this trial period, I would want to keep the numbers low and make it as smooth as possible so that everyone can get the word out about how great it is and cast members can get a feel for the new positions.

That said, my family and I are prepared for it if it does turn out to be crazy. We'll be happy if we can have a look around and grab some snacks. My dad has so health concerns so if it's packed wall to wall we've already said we'll have a peek around and leave - I highly doubt it will be that crazy though.

I was able to go in and make a reservation with my husband's account! The only difference is now we're going on the last day of our trip instead of the first. Going 8:00 am June 7. Thanks for the suggestions!
Glad it worked out! I bet your heart sunk when you realized the mistake!

Just to see what would happen, I tried the link somebody posted. It worked immediately and I got this message:

"This email address has previously been used to make a reservation. You may only make one reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge."

So there's some limit, at least. But it did NOT kick me out because I already had a hotel reservation. (Now to cancel that overpriced hotel).

Feel kind of bad. I legit just logged in at 11 am and got through at 11:09am! Didn’t have to wait or use multiple devices. I have June 22 at 11am. I did that on purpose so the first few weeks I can read about crowd patterns before going down there. I think I’m going to avoid the park altogether before then...

I just got through. I wanted June 8th but it was all gone. I ended up going with June 22nd from 11 to 3. Hopefully I can make it work.

I have had 2 Safari browsers open for 72 minutes (phone and ipad) and both are still on the Wait screen. Went to Chrome and logged into my account first, then hit book SWGE. It went to the booking page in less than one minute. WTH. Anyway got close to what I wanted (wanted 6/22 8am but that is gone so only got 11am). People, try opening in a new browser, as this has worked very quickly for several of us!!

I was lucky enough to have a friend get us May 31st at 8 PM to Midnight. We also have 8 AM to Noon the next day due to our DVC reservation so very little sleep between the two times...

Pretty bored today so I've been speculating.

Do you think they'll use d23 as a platform to announce the next stages of lucasfilm and marvel movies.

We don't really know much about marvel after Spiderman and that a gotg3 is happening eventually.

Same with Star wars. Besides the TV shows, dunno really what will happen after Skywalker.

I think yes on Marvel - I think we are likely to get the 2020 and maybe even 2021 slate of Marvel movies. Probably even a "Black Widow" trailer. (Which I think is shooting this summer.)

Star Wars not so sure. Clearly they will use this to push Episode 9 and possibly even the stuff on Disney + (Not sure how they are going to handle the Disney + stuff versus the panels.) But based on Iger's latest mention, I think they are still unsure how to proceed with Star Wars. Possible that you could get an announcement of the GOT show-runners movie as in what time period it's planned for, but I just don't see any SW movie that will be shooting in 2019 and I think the next SW movie is at earliest shooting in 2020 and release December 2021. So I really think any announcement won't involve cast and directors or even release date - just maybe something like "We're going forward with this story set in the old republic."

This brings up a topic. Traditionally they've always had a "Legends" panel and "Animation movie" panel on Friday, then "Live Action movie" panel and "Parks and Resorts" panel on Saturday. Television has never had a really big panel on it's own. However, Disney has a HUGE product coming a few months after D23 - Disney +, which has a TON of big-name shows (Marvel, Disney, Lucasfilm and more). Are we going to get a fifth panel on Sunday for Disney +? Or does Disney+ bump one of the other panels to Sunday?

That is annoying because that is one less spot for someone else.
To be fair, I'm just one person - I'm not booking for a group. And this is the only way I can guarantee I will get in. I think, since I am coming all the way from Australia for this, it is pretty reasonable. It's 4am here right now and I've been awake since yesterday, so I feel like I've worked for this.

The DISboard has proven that pooling of resources gives greater chances of success! Thanks to everyone that shared their experiences. I'm feeling for all those like my buddy who didn't get a chance to get in for the weekend they were in town, or didn't have the benefit of this board to avoid some mistakes.

Perhaps we'll have a Q&A thread set up for us to post our in-park questions and answers. Thanks again for being a great community!

To be fair, I'm just one person - I'm not booking for a group. And this is the only way I can guarantee I will get in. I think, since I am coming all the way from Australia for this, it is pretty reasonable. It's 4am here right now and I've been awake since yesterday, so I feel like I've worked for this.

Nothing to feel bad about it. This isn't a team sport, you do you!

I'd been a little crazy all morning. I was logged into my phone and laptop. My phone never did go through, but the laptop did. I can't believe I missed the place to add the names. I thought I was being prepared, and I still messed up. Be careful everyone. I'll see if I can fix this somehow, but I am so sad!

My suggestion is to let it be. Call the phone line after this all dies down and see if they can help you. If people are adding guests to a hotel reservation, then I am sure they can accommodate you. Honest mistake. They should be good with that. Take heart....and pixie dust....and may the force be with you!

I'm going to be more glass is half full and think this might not be as much chaos as some people think. It all depends on how many reservations they limit it to. If the number isn't terribly high... I think it could turn out to be an amazing experience. If I was Disney, for this trial period, I would want to keep the numbers low and make it as smooth as possible so that everyone can get the word out about how great it is

That's a great point!

Woo hoo! A friend just got us reservations for June 9, 8:00 a.m. That's a Sunday, which is perfect because that's when I always go :-). What a great way to start my day :-).

Way to go. I thought about doing Sunday also but I am hoping I can find a flight early morning and then fly home late that evening and avoid the hotel cost. I am going to DW next April and want to save my vacations days for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter