D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two hotel reservations during this period and got two confirmed reservations. I will be really put out if during our second hotel stay, I am denied entry as that is why I am paying for the hotel. Their policy needs to be very obvious. I will be spending a lot of money staying on property, and I should be informed if I cannot use the reservation more than once.

You should definitely be informed either way. I would could call and ask and be sure so you know.

I have two hotel reservations during this period and got two confirmed reservations. I will be really put out if during our second hotel stay, I am denied entry as that is why I am paying for the hotel. Their policy needs to be very obvious. I will be spending a lot of money staying on property, and I should be informed if I cannot use the reservation more than once.

In a related concern, I have a reservation for my hotel stay, which I would prefer to cancel if I can get a free one. Hoping there’s a way to do that.

I have a feeling that's how it's going to work. Disney only promised one reservation per guest. If even VIPs can't gain access to the land (after spending thousands per tour), I doubt they're going to allow multiple reservations even for hotel guests. But you never know.

I wish they would make this very apparent! What good does it do to turn away people at the gate if they have already take up reservation slots.

In my opinion they already did... (the only a little misleading thing is that they posted different posts with different wording in the FAQs on theirs website and on their blog but if you read both it is pretty clear...
They said one reservation per person and that everyone above 18 years old has to bring a photo Id to enter the land... this pretty much indicates that they can and will enforce one visit per person. (Probably regardless of the number of reservations you might have been able to snag...)

Just called Disney and they said ALL guests will need to scan their IDs upon entering the land. NO multiple accesses to the land. One reservation (either for hotel or public reservation, not both).

I have a feeling those who did split stays are going to have the same thing. One reservation for the entire duration of the reservation period.

Edit: So make sure to bring your photo ID or you might not be able to access your reservation, even if you're not the primary.

Drivers license one day, passport the next day?

So, would my husband and I each be able to make a reservation on different days for our family and only actually show up to one of them? My MIL is coming to visit the last week of the reservation window so I was going to make a reservation then for us all but my husband would really rather go as soon as the land opens, so if he actually scores one of those early days, we will not go again when his mom is here. She can take it or leave it, it's not essential for her to go.

I know we can only actually enter once, but can we have two reservations using our separate accounts?

I'm sure you'll be able to make several reservations, as many as you have accounts. However, you'll only be able to actually use one.

I wonder if there are cancellations if people will be able to pick up those spots later or if they account in their total for the fact not everyone might show up. I know it is GE but whenever you have something free not everyone follows through for one reason or another.

I guess if people really wanted to get ahead of everyone else, they could do that. But you would also need a separate ticket, too. Not something I would want to risk (potentially wasted time, $$).

This is quite similar to getting Hamilton tickets when it came to our city. It was a virtual queue with a randomly assigned number to each guest. If it is the actual same company running it, don’t be surprised if your “number in line” is a very high number - we had numbers in the 20,000s get seats and there were no more than 10,000 total seats available. I think it assigned numbers non-sequentially. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Same here...I was #78000 something in the Denver queue for Hamilton. Needless to say...I did not get tickets!

We're not going til August...but rooting for all of you! I'm sure I would be very stressed right now in your shoes!

Driver’s license one day, passport the next day.

I think that they collect some data along with it... so name, date of birth, adress... so they can make sure there are no false duplicates...

Might work with passports from different countries though... but I wouldn’t count on that one either..( and it’s against the Disney rules anyways)

Um, so you're actively looking for a way to game the system and get in there more than once even at the expense of someone who may not get in at all during the reservation period?

People are going to try it, but I'm sure it'll be all for naught. Disney will be able to link it. If you use your passport and it says you live in the U.S., they're probably going to wonder why you're not producing your state ID...won't be too hard to figure that one out. Plus, you can't just use the same park ticket because I'm sure they'll have some sort of a flag on the park ticket as well.

People are going to try it, but I'm sure it'll be all for naught. Disney will be able to link it. If you use your passport and it says you live in the U.S., they're probably going to wonder why you're not producing your state ID...won't be too hard to figure that one out. Plus, you can't just use the same park ticket because I'm sure they'll have some sort of a flag on the park ticket as well.

Yes, I don’t think anyone will be able to game the systems without breaking any laws!
This procedure thing sounds pretty thought through.
And that’s what I really like about it. It sounds fair for everyone...( at least for now on paper!)

Does 4 hours seem like not enough time to ride the ride and do the other experiences? We would like to ride the ride, but also my son wants to the light saber experience and we would like to explore the land and eat there. I'm worried the line for the Falcon ride is going to be really long. How are the going to kick everyone out if you are in line for the Falcon ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter