D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While there could be 3 joe smiths but how do you explain 3 groups of joe, Mary, bob and Sam Smith to a CM. I doubt they will enforce it to that level but I am not going to risk not getting in at all since I did not obey the 1 reservation limit.

Comic Con ticket sales use a similar queue system. The waiting room opens for a certain amount of time before sales start so everyone can get in, check their browser, make sure they aren't blocking cookies, etc. It does not matter what time you get in the waiting room. At the specified time (10 for us today), the queue will start and everyone in the waiting room will be randomly placed in the queue, no specific order, as long as you're in the waiting room at that time you have as much chance as anyone else. Once everyone has been placed in the queue, groups of people are 'let in' to the reservation site, based on their random spot in line. Usually as reservations for certain days start getting full, it will be posted to everyone in the queues, but that's for Comic Con with only 4 days available, not sure how that will work here. When all the reservations are gone, anyone still in the queue is out of luck.

Joe and Jane already scanned both their IDs in the first reservation, so when they try to gain access to the land the second go-round they'll be turned away since it'll flag that they've already visited once within the reservation period (May-June). Theoretically the kids could still get in, but I doubt people will want their <15 year olds in a crowded land by themselves.

You are correct that after the first time, everyone over 18 has had their ID's checked. If they are going to be keeping a system of everyone's driver's license #'s or Passports #'s...now that's the questions.

My guess is they will scan your park ticket, not your ID. You can probably only get in once per the duration of your ticket, whether it’s an AP or 1 day or 5 day park hopper. That’s fair.

This would make the most sense and hopefully they do it that way.

This is quite similar to getting Hamilton tickets when it came to our city. It was a virtual queue with a randomly assigned number to each guest. If it is the actual same company running it, don’t be surprised if your “number in line” is a very high number - we had numbers in the 20,000s get seats and there were no more than 10,000 total seats available. I think it assigned numbers non-sequentially. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Comic Con ticket sales use a similar queue system. The waiting room opens for a certain amount of time before sales start so everyone can get in, check their browser, make sure they aren't blocking cookies, etc. It does not matter what time you get in the waiting room. At the specified time (10 for us today), the queue will start and everyone in the waiting room will be randomly placed in the queue, no specific order, as long as you're in the waiting room at that time you have as much chance as anyone else. Once everyone has been placed in the queue, groups of people are 'let in' to the reservation site, based on their random spot in line. Usually as reservations for certain days start getting full, it will be posted to everyone in the queues, but that's for Comic Con with only 4 days available, not sure how that will work here. When all the reservations are gone, anyone still in the queue is out of luck.

This is quite similar to getting Hamilton tickets when it came to our city. It was a virtual queue with a randomly assigned number to each guest. If it is the actual same company running it, don’t be surprised if your “number in line” is a very high number - we had numbers in the 20,000s get seats and there were no more than 10,000 total seats available. I think it assigned numbers non-sequentially. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Thanks!

Just called Disney and they said ALL guests will need to scan their IDs upon entering the land. NO multiple accesses to the land. One reservation (either for hotel or public reservation, not both).

I have a feeling those who did split stays are going to have the same thing. One reservation for the entire duration of the reservation period.

Edit: So make sure to bring your photo ID or you might not be able to access your reservation, even if you're not the primary.

Was anyone else able to access the reservation landing page without logging in? I was. I just clicked the link from the Disney Parks Blog page and got to the page saying not to refresh or close the page. How do I know I am logged in? I'm on my phone using Chrome.

Just called Disney and they said ALL guests will need to scan their IDs upon entering the land. NO multiple accesses to the land. One reservation (either for hotel or public reservation, not both).

I have a feeling those who did split stays are going to have the same thing. One reservation for the entire duration of the reservation period.

Thanks for that info. I'm glad to see they're really trying to make sure each person can get in only once during the reservation period.

Edit: So make sure to bring your photo ID or you might not be able to access your reservation, even if you're not the primary.

I wish they would make this very apparent! What good does it do to turn away people at the gate if they have already take up reservation slots.

Was anyone else able to access the reservation landing page without logging in? I was. I just clicked the link from the Disney Parks Blog page and got to the page saying not to refresh or close the page. How do I know I am logged in? I'm on my phone using Chrome.
The page is going to likely redirect to a queue website starting at 10am. From there once it’s your turn it will likely direct to you a landing page that you can log in on. Disney already does this kind of system with the DVC moonlight magic events and D23 ticket sales.

The page is going to likely redirect to a queue website starting at 10am. From there once it’s your turn it will likely direct to you a landing page that you can log in on. Disney already does this kind of system with the DVC moonlight magic events and D23 ticket sales.

Ok. I just found it weird because my husband told me the page was loading really slowly and it took forever for him to login and I wasn't even asked to login!

I have two hotel reservations during this period and got two confirmed reservations. I will be really put out if during our second hotel stay, I am denied entry as that is why I am paying for the hotel. Their policy needs to be very obvious. I will be spending a lot of money staying on property, and I should be informed if I cannot use the reservation more than once.

It clearly says everyone over 18 needs ID

So we have reservations for myself and my 2 kids at the DLH so already have a reservation for on-site stay. However, we have relatives who live near by and are passholders so I am trying to make reservations for them because they are planning to come and join us at the parks. I have not moved our current reservation for being hotel guests to the time I am trying for if I can get a reservation for them too so now I'm torn between (if I can) make 1 reservation and list all 6 of us today and not use the reservation tied to our hotel stay or if I should just make the reservation for the 3 of them and then call to move our reservation to the same time? If they don't get a reservation I would rather leave our reservation when it is so it doesn't take away from our time to spend in the parks with them. I actually have 2 of them on our current hotel reservation since they may stay with us at the hotel but we would still need 1 more spot or someone wouldn't be able to get in SWGE. Thoughts? What would anyone else here do?

PS - I am currently logged in and waiting on the reservation page with a different account than the one I used to make the hotel reservation.

My screen just changed and I don't have the notice up anymore about not refreshing and I didn't refresh it. Why did it go back to the Galaxy's Edge Home Page?

So, would my husband and I each be able to make a reservation on different days for our family and only actually show up to one of them? My MIL is coming to visit the last week of the reservation window so I was going to make a reservation then for us all but my husband would really rather go as soon as the land opens, so if he actually scores one of those early days, we will not go again when his mom is here. She can take it or leave it, it's not essential for her to go.

I know we can only actually enter once, but can we have two reservations using our separate accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter