CruisingCA is back to WISHing....

I haven't been really strict about what I've been eating and I haven't been exercising as much as I used to but the scale showed a loss this week so I'm claiming my 10 pound clippie. Let's just see if the scale starts creeping up again when I start weight training again.

I really need to get a handle on watching what I eat.

Exercise: Yesterday I did Cathe's Timesaver workout #1. I haven't done anything yet today, I'll have to wait until this evening. I'm still not working out as intensely as I was prior to surgery but I'll get there. I look at this as a temporary setback. Uggh..That and my trip to Hawaii will be a setback.

Food: I'm doing WW but I also try to limit my carb intake. I've really been slipping up in this department. Starting next Monday I'm really going to be strict with limited sweets and excess carbs.

Hey Rae Ann!:wave2:

A big congrats on your 10 pound clippie! Wow! You're going to Hawaii?!:hyper:

I'm so glad you're feeling better and getting back to exercising again. I have problems watching what I eat too. Just because I'm Cathe-ing 5-6 times a week doesn't mean I can slack off when it comes to eating right. That's the one area that's most difficult for me.

How do you like the Timesaver dvd? Yesterday I had the time so I did PUB (I've gotten great results with it!) and Legs & Glutes. I honestly don't know if I've ever had this much lower body DOMS before. :headache: What was I thinking?!

Way to go on all your hard work, Rae Ann!

Yesterday was a good day. I stayed OP and got my exercise in, I picked up my brand new glasses, got my hair colored (gotta cover those gray) & cut (I cut another 2 1/2 inches off). In the past 3 months I've cut over 6 inches off. It used to be past my bra strap and now it's a little below my shoulders. Hmmm. Maybe THAT could account for some of the weight loss since I have very thick hair and a lot of it. LOL.

Exercise: I did the cardio portions of Cathe's kickboxing & step intervals (from the crosstrain xpress dvds), then did half of the power hour. I skipped the exercises that I dread doing. If I'm only doing weight training during the day, I usually don't skip exercises but if I've already done 50 minutes of cardio, ANY weight training that I do is a bonus.

Things to do today: Go to the ob-gyn for a checkup, fill my prescription, go to work for 5 hours, go to the supermarket, finish packing, check DS's homework, update the WISH exercise challenge thread, give the kids a bath, go to the airport.

Hey Rae Ann!

I was thinking of you as I did Step Blast this morning because I know you said it's one of your favorites! I was so happy to make it through the Step Challenge at the end and still have some air left in my lungs. So many times I've pooped out by then!:faint: I've been thinking of getting CTX--I have All Step which came with my Club Step. I keep going to Cathe's site to check for Hardcore updates, but there's not really much news. I am sooooo pumped for that series!

It's sounds as though you've got a very busy day ahead (Ob/Gyn :crazy2: ) and I'm really impressed that you've already gotten your exercise in!

Congratulations on all your hard work--you're doing GREAT!:cool1:

Hi Rae Ann,

I'm :faint: just thinking about everything you have to do today. I'm sure you'll get it all done. Have a great trip.
Beth

I was reading through your journal. I don't have that Cathe. I might have to look into it. It sounds terrific. BTW, thanks for all the work you are doing with the exercise challenges:wave:

My weekend was busy busy busy...

Our 8:15 pm flight which was supposed to arrive in Hawaii at 10:45 was delayed to 12:45 am!! We didn't arrive at the airport until 3:15 (Hawaii time). I was so tired and then DD woke up at 7:30 in the morning!!!

We had a wonderful time at the different parties and get togethers. My aunt & uncle were thoroughly surprised at their surprise 25th anniversary party. My uncle's sister is an ordained minister and she renewed their vows for them at the restaurant. They had members of their wedding party stand beside them as they renewed their vows. My sister and I were their flower girls so I told my sister - at least I'M not the world's oldest flower girl, you are (she's only 14 months older than me).

I didn't even try to stay OP this weekend. I did get in a half an hour walk on the beach though. On Saturday morning we went to the beach early to have breakfast and enjoy the beach before it got too hot. DD had been saying that she didn't want to go to the beach, she wanted to go to the pool but as soon as she got there she had a blast making sand castles.

TOM came early so I'm having a blah/bloated day. I'll try to get my exercise in this afternoon.

Hi Rae Ann! Sandcastles on a gorgeous Hawaiian beach sure sounds like paradise! :sunny:

You must've had a great time--how nice for your aunt and uncle to be renewing their vows after 25 years!

Glad your trip was so nice and welcome back! :wave2:

Welcome back Rae Ann,

I'm glad you had a great time. Be careful the tag fairy would jump all over 2nd oldest flower girl. :tongue:
Sorry to hear about TOM. Keep :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: and that bloated feeling should pass quickly.

Take care,
Beth

Glad you had a good time...we missed you;)

I know what you mean about TOM...he came early here too. Just drinking lots of water and exercising seems to help.

Have a good week!

Hi Rae Ann,

Just read the last 5 pages of your journal. Sounds like you are staying pretty motivated and on track with your exercise. Keep up the great work....

Reading about your tubal brought back memories of when I had mine. I was 31 and at the time, I was probably in the best aerobic shape of my life. I was running about 20-25 miles a week and I weighed about 132 pounds...(I'm 5'9"). I was in such good shape that I was able to go for a short run 4 days post-op. I really miss running, but the last few times I tried I hurt my hips and my left knee. Maybe next spring when I'm back down to a reasonable weight, I'll start with some walking outdoors and see if I can slowly add in some jogging. I really think my old bones can't take the extra weight right now.

Glad you had a good time in Hawaii. My DH and I were planning to go to Hawaii for our 20th anniv. this year, but I ended up taking my DS around to look at colleges instead. Priorities, ya know....Hawaii ain't going anywhere, just like WDW...

Hope you continue to achieve much success in your journey...and thanks for your work updating the exercise challenges! :wave:

Jean

I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated my journal. I've had to work at a different site for the past four days (yes I even worked this weekend) and I've had to work longer hours than usual. I'll be there another 3 days so I may or may not have time to post in journals for a few days.

I really need a huge kick in the butt....I haven't exercised in a few days and I haven't been really strict with my diet. I haven't gained any weight back but I don't want to get complacent either.

I took DD to the dentist for the first time this week because I noticed she had 3 cavities. I was wrong. She has 8 cavities. OMG!! The dentist said that she has unusually weak enamel. I brush & floss her teeth twice a day and sometimes she'll brush her own teeth during the day. We'll really have to limit her sweets now. At least my inlaws will finally listen to us when we tell them not to give her sweets (the babysit her during the day). Since she's so young, the dentist is going to have to knock her out to fix all her teeth at once because it would take 5 different appointments to fix all her teeth by using a local anesthetic. The dentist's bill will be over $2000 and the anesthesiologist's bill may be another $1000. I'm not sure how much dental insurance will cover all of this. Uggh. He said that we can wait until January so I can get dual dental coverage for her (through my work & my husband's work) and get some $$ into our flexible spending account (I've already used up the $$ for this year's plan). I have a feeling I'll be paying a lot for her dental work in the years to come.

I understand what you are going through w/ dentist. Both of my boys had problems w/ baby teeth! We spent a fortune getting them fixed. ALL 4 molars for one of my sons came in bad....the other just had lots of problems. Knock on wood...my daughter has never had a problem. The boys know to take care of these older teeth.

It sounds like you've been majorly busy! I know that when I'm working...it's hard to fit in that exercise. And when I don't exercise...food doesn't go well.

Thanks again for keeping the challenge going w/ your busy schedule...I think that any ground rules you set...we will all be more than willing to follow...keeping track of everyone's minutes and then posting them is a lot of work.

Take care of yourself!

Hi RaeAnn,

Your poor DD! At least it sounds like you have a good dentist who has her best interests at heart.

Your schedule sounds like a killer. I hope you areable to rest tonight.

Take care,
Beth

I am sooooooooo tired. I've been working a lot of overtime because we have a project that's due. It's either feast or famine at work. I have times where I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs and then other times we're overwhelmed with work.

Even though I haven't been watching what I've been eating and I haven't been exercising, I've actually lost weight. So far on the WISH program I've lost 12 pounds. They've been catering in lunches but since I haven't been snacking between meals, I guess I'm doing okay.

I've put up the October challenge thread. I'm going to start with 1000 minutes but hopefully I can get up to 1750. I'm not going to sweat not making my goal for September, I've had extraordinary events during the month (tubal ligation, trip to Hawaii, and 1 week of a hellacious work schedule). The madness at work should end soon so I'll be able to get back into the swing of things shortly. My poor Cathe dvds have been neglected.

Thanks everyone for posting in my journal. It's time to go to sleep.

Hi Rae Ann...thanks for stopping by...I'll get my act back together this week...sorry that work has been so crazy for you...I've been putting in some hours this week too...I think all that exercise last week really set me up this week for rebellion:( I know it's all mind games...but I think I'm just gonna sign up for 1000 minutes this month and hope for the best. Thanks again for everything.

Gail

Hi Rae Ann! :wave2:

I'm sorry you've had such a busy and tiring week. Ugh--as an insomniac, I understand what it's like to feel like you're running on empty much of the time. I do hope things slow down for you and that you soon feel energized and well-rested! :hug: :hug: :hug:

P.S. If Cathe finds out you've been neglecting her, she'll come to your house and make you do low-end squats 'til your quads explode. :eek: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter