CruisingCA is back to WISHing....

Hi RaeAnn,

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so crazy at work. I hope you at least get paid OT. Don't worry about the Sept challenge. You definately had legitamate causes for not making your goal. I do know you'll make October goal.

Get some rest woman,
Beth

I've finally started back on the program. I did a Cathe step video last night (one of the older ones, I forget the name already). I noticed that I've lost some of my strength & endurance. Sigh. I just better build it back up again. I'm no longer working crazy hours at work anymore so I have no excuse for not exercising.

I jumped back on the scale and I've gained back 2 pounds after the weeks of non-WISHing. I guess that's not too bad but it sure is motivation to get back on track.

Rae Ann,
I'm with ya. I hate it when my workouts get derailed. It seems as if I become "deconditioned" faster now and it is such a pain to feel as if I'm continually "starting over". But we can only do what we are capable of...don't give up, in a week and a half to two weeks you'll be back to where you were!:Pinkbounc

Hi Rae Ann,

I understand what you mean. I didn't work out for the last 4 days, and ended up struggling today. Great job getting back at it. I know those 2 pounds will be off in no time.
Take care,
Beth

Hi Rae Ann! :wave2:

Oh, I know what you mean about losing strength and endurance when not working out for a while! I'm sure Cathe'll be getting you back in tip-top form before you know it, :cool1: and I'm sending you lots and lots of good wishes and motivation vibes! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Have a great evening!

Hey Rae Ann, it's good to see you! :) Don't worry, you will get back to your fabulous, butt kicking, workout blasting self in no time! I am always amazed at the workouts you do! You'll lose that 2lbs. fast I'm sure. Way to go getting back into the swing of things! :)

Hi, Rae Ann! Well, I am sorry to see that this past month has been a little rougher than usual for you. I know how you feel about the exercise though. When Scott and I first got married I was a workout machine. I worked out 3 times a day and felt the best I ever had. But I know once you get off track it is really difficult to get back in the swing of things. I started working and that was it. But I know you can get back on track. I have seen (or should I say, read?!) how hard you work and I know that if anyone could overcome this, it would be you. Just think of this as an obstacle, never a failure! Well, I am wishing you lots of luck and hope to hear from you soon! Bye! :wave:

I haven't been around here much lately but I wanted to tell everyone that I'm doing well. I've been extra busy at work again and haven't had a chance to exercise as much as I'd like to but I'm not trying to make excuses for my disappearance!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and I look forward to visiting with everyone again in 2005. I'm packing up the family & we're going to Hawaii for a 2 week vacation. I'm going to have to write a few resolutions for myself for 2005 and post them here.

Tasha - glad to hear your pregnancy is going well!

Michelle, Gail, Beth, luvmydogs, auroraluvsphillip, and everyone else - thanks so much for visiting my journal. I promise to give you more to read in '05.
:earboy2:

I've gotta start WISHing again!! I got a notice that my new Cathe dvds that I ordered this summer are coming in the mail tomorrow and I'm sooooo out of shape. Only 4 more months till we get to cruise with Mickey!

I'm off to read more journals to get some inspiration and visit with my WISH buddies.

Good Luck Rae Ann!!! You'll do great!! I came back after being gone for toooooo long and I'm already seeing results again! This is the best place to go for motivation:) Lucky you have the cruise to look forward to!! You'll have such a fun time! For now I'll have to stick to my Disney fix through this site :earboy2:

Hey Rae Ann!! It's so good to see you around again. Don't feel bad..I went MIA for awhile there...but started back on the wagon! Baby steps! :cool1:

You'll get back with it..and reading journals always helps me. Enjoy those new Cathe videos!

Gail

I did about 20 minutes of Cathe's Kick Max dvd before I stopped. Whew...Baby steps. She has a "blast" section that is super high intensity. I don't think I have the energy to keep up yet.

Eating: Uhhhhh....sorta bad. This morning I had a cream cheese danish (the food at work is so tempting), then we went out for Peruvian food for lunch and I had chicken with cilantro rice and some kind of chicken rice soup (it was green). I came home and had 6 regular oreos because I had totally forgot about my 100 calories snack packs in the cupboard. I really struggle during the late afternoons. For dinner I had sushi and a cabbage salad.

When I look back on what I've eaten today I wish I had a sensible breakfast and had a healthier snack. I don't want to start counting points yet.

My goals for week 1 (starting on Saturday):
30+ minutes of exercise everyday (low intensity, weights, yoga, step, brisk walking, or a little bit of high intensity to get in "cardio" shape)
No more soda. Last year one of my new year's resolution was to cut out carbonated drinks. I was really good for 8 or 9 months. Then I started to drink diet sodas. Now I'm back to drinking non-diet sodas.
Sign up for the new weight loss club at the gym at work on Monday. Our gym is starting a new program - watching what you eat, weighing in weekly, pilates, etc. It starts at 11:30 on Monday and I need to weigh in and take a pic (ACK).

Kelyn39 & Gail: Thanks for visiting my journal. I really miss posting & reading all the journals.

Hi, Rae Ann! I was really excited to see you posting in your journal again. I have missed reading it. It's great that you are getting back on track and I agree...baby steps are best. I wish you the best of luck at meeting your new goals. I know how motivated you can be and am sure you will be kicking butt with the exercise again in no time!

Exercise: 20 minutes of Cathe's Low Max and the 20 minute Cathe strech max (with the stretch bands). I really enjoyed streching with the bands; I'll have to do it more often.

I reorganized all of my exercise dvds in one of those cd holders. I have over 50 exercise dvds....OMG I just spotten 11 more dvds on a shelf. I am embarassed to say that I haven't even done them all. Okay, no more buying dvds until I've tried everything at least once.

To do: increase water intake, grocery shopping, take my vitamins.

Hey Tasha!! Glad to hear from ya.

Holy Cow!! That's a lot of excercise DVD's! At least you'll be able to switch things up:) I understand where you're coming from with the soda thing. I was so incredibly addicted to it for so long. I started drinking diet soda 2 years ago, but I decided to stop drinking it last month and have stuck to it pretty well. I try to keep water around me at all times so I don't reach for a soda instead. It's so hard but it was worth it. I think it played a part in the weight I lost last month. Good luck with everything! You're doing great :flower:

Good luck on your goals for this week! Wow, that IS a lot of exercise DVDs. You shouldn't get bored with them any time soon anyway. ;)

Exercise for Sunday: I did the step intervals portion (including the warmup & cool down) for Cathe's IMAX3. Then I had to go over the "reverse mambo" on the step several times before I got the moves down. Her choreography is great but she really doesn't do a good job of cueing (letting you know which steps are next) or explaining the trickier moves.

LOL - even with all those dvds I look through them and think, "Nope not that one...too hard. Don't feel like kickboxing today. This instructor is irritating. I don't feel like doing hardcore weights. Don't want to look at Billy Blanks and his spandex shorts. Bah, yoga, I'm not a bendable pretzel." You get the idea. :rotfl:

I did go to the grocery store yesterday but I still need to go to Trader Joes. I bought some frozen lean cuisine dinners that I'll take to work for lunch this week. I'll make a small salad and bring fruits & healthy snacks also. I've bought a case of Diet Brisk tea so I don't have to drink soda anymore. Last year when I stopped drinking soda I lost 5 pounds in 3 months without doing anything else.

I nearly choked on my water when I read what you said about Billy Blanks in his spandex shorts! :rotfl: I have his DVD and I have thought that a time or 2 myself! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day and I hope you have a great Tues.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter