Cruising in late February? Is it too cold

The water in Castaway in Feb was definitely cold and it was windy too. My eldest didn't mind at all but my little one fussed. They were both happy on the pools on the boat.

I think it depends on where you're coming from. I am a native Floridian and I would say that the time period you are looking to cruise is way too cold. Those who are coming from the Midwest or North will disagree

We're from Ohio and we think the Castaway water is an initial shock, but once you're in it's great. Late February is our favorite time to cruise Disney!

We've cruised in both early February and early March and both were fine. Weather systems can pass through that drop the temperature. Our next cruise is in January, and we plan to attempt the water. Even in winter it's still warmer than the ocean temperature that I grew up with in Santa Cruz, CA in the summer.

We've cruised in both early February and early March and both were fine. Weather systems can pass through that drop the temperature. Our next cruise is in January, and we plan to attempt the water. Even in winter it's still warmer than the ocean temperature that I grew up with in Santa Cruz, CA in the summer.
Something else to remember when those weather systems pass through is they don't just affect the temperature. We had very choppy water every time we encountered a cold front on our cruise in February. One night was rough enough that the barf bags came out. The next day, our time on NCL's island got cut short because the water was already rough when we got there, making tendering a challenge, and it was only getting worse. Even without having to tender, the water may be too rough for many to feel comfortable swimming, especially little ones.

“Too cold” varies from person to person. Are you generally more cold or warm?

We're from Ohio and we think the Castaway water is an initial shock, but once you're in it's great. Late February is our favorite time to cruise Disney!

I agree, but I also feel that way about the ocean water near me in the summer....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter