Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that’s workable. (It was entirely possible they were gonna do stupid rules but these things are doable.)

Hope folks realize how hot it’s gonna be with everything being pushed outside so not much in the way of AC breaks. It sounds to me like eating or drinking will only be allowed in specifically designated places which will suck for hydrating and is a major departure from WDW where you can pull over and grab a sip of water anytime you can distance.

Also wonder if “relaxation zones” will be allowed. Doesn’t sound like it?
We went to an NBA game recently where you could only eat/drink in your seat or in designated areas. And you had to pull your mask up between bites/sips. So not fun. I get why those rules are in place but I won’t be attending another game until it’s safe and restrictions are lowered. DL wouldn’t be fun that way either.

I don’t get this. Everyone knows practically speaking ain’t nobody sailing from the US until Nov at the earliest. Maybe Carnival figures their prices are too low to make enough to cover the costs of re-deploying to MX for a season or two?

I think the pressure is really starting to mount on the CDC to release a modified order to allow sailings prior to Nov. 1. Governor DeSantis and a few cruise line presidents (DCL and CCL) were at Port Canaveral a few days ago in a round table discussion pointing out the restrictions on cruising and economic/employment impacts in Florida.

I do agree that CCL is probably looking at a limited capacity sailing at a more economical price which may not be worth relocating.

I think the pressure is really starting to mount on the CDC to release a modified order to allow sailings prior to Nov. 1. Governor DeSantis and a few cruise line presidents (DCL and CCL) were at Port Canaveral a few days ago in a round table discussion pointing out the restrictions on cruising and economic/employment impacts in Florida.

I do agree that CCL is probably looking at a limited capacity sailing at a more economical price which may not be worth relocating.

more like,DeSantis is going to take them to court, If they don’t have clear opening guidelines by summer.

I don’t see how he would have a legal case to overturn what the CDC is doing.
Who knows? Maybe it’s a moot point and we’re under the grips of a new strain by then?

but DeSantis is a fiery personality (also an attorney educated at Yale and Harvard) who would *likely* use either A. The airtime or B. An actual legal basis to make a big fuss come the summer.

if he says something, we can be sure we’ll see an impact (positive or negative) one way or the other.

From FLA, love DeSanis...BUT... This is no go. It is to show he cares and went to war for the cruise business. The CDC is not worried about a lawsuit from a state. This will/would take months ,so about the fall (which is when they plan to start now). Also everyone is looking to see how the actual cruises this summer sailing from other country's go. Let someone else take the hit if there is issues.

So Swan & Dolphin has been using charter buses, not Disney buses, for months now but apparently their MK line no longer drops at MK, you're dropped at the TTC. Pretty major change!
Yep. Suggestions on the S&D thread are to walk to YC or BW bus stops (making those buses more crowded, reducing access for guests of those resorts, so not good).

So Swan & Dolphin has been using charter buses, not Disney buses, for months now but apparently their MK line no longer drops at MK, you're dropped at the TTC. Pretty major change!
I thought that changed when or shortly after they switched buses, but I could've been imagining things.

I thought that changed when or shortly after they switched buses, but I could've been imagining things.
It did. Once The Swan and Dolphin made the change to Mears, they lost the ability to drop guests in a WDW bus load zone and had to use the charter lots.

The only time you are going to see a charter bus in a park load zone will be if Disney chartered them and they are servicing Disney resorts.

It may have. We stayed there last August and while the Epcot/HS bus was chartered, I cannot remember if the MK bus was but I know for sure they still dropped off at MK. Not sure when it changed but worth noting. I follow all kinds of Disney news but hadn't seen that before today. TTC is such a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter