Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut my 2 week trip down to 8 days around that timeframe was well, going down Memorial Day weekend and coming back June 5. Seeing those reports of buckets filling at HS made me book park days “just in case” on the couple of days I set aside for resort/pool time at GF and YC. Something tells me that week is going to fill up quickly too.

I’m just really salty that APs who stay on site get screwed so badly by the bucket system as it currently stands, which is a LOT of us out of state APs. I don’t know if it’s an allocation issue or what, but it’s really irritating seeing resort bucket at capacity meanwhile AP is wide open. It really ought to allow us to draw from the other bucket if one is filled.

I hope SAB isn’t slammed too badly since I’ll be there when BC opens back up...I was going to splurge for a cabana at GF but I might well need to book one at YC too at this rate.
Yeah, we were supposed to go on a June 7 sailing on the Dream but moved it, but haven't changed our dates so we are only doing the parks May 31-June 4 and having June 5 & 6 as pool days/relaxing days (moving to OKW on June 5 since the cruise was added on after the original trip was booked and we needed a couple extra nights). We'll just do parks on our full days/non-travel & moving days and leave the relaxing to the other days. It's my 6th trip since reopening so I'm not too concerned, but I know for others the thought of all those buckets filling up is anxiety inducing. I know if we had our relaxing pool days at YC/BC I would be inclined to book a cabana, I'm not usually a pool person, but I think I could go for chilling in one of those while my kids run around.

As far as the bucket thing goes, I've never had trouble booking my reservations as an out of state AP, but then again I book my trips kinda far out. I can see how it's extremely frustrating when you just want to move stuff around and see the AP bucket wide open. I'm hopeful they do some shifting of slots from AP to resort guest, I know if I was looking at booking for that time period and saw no HS I would change my mind and not go to WDW. If they want resort bookings they're going to have to give that bucket more slots, especially with more resorts opening.

At the risk of starting another mask debate (I swear I'm not), I am very curious how you all think Disney will start walking back the mask requirement? Do you think it will be gradual or one day masks will be required and the next day they won't be? I think it would be phased out, maybe only indoors and then finally not required anywhere.
How do you think they will decide the timing of that? Percent of the population that has been vaccinated, COVID rates below a certain threshold, an order by the government (CDC or President), other, all of the above?
I do think Disney will let guests wear masks for years to come.
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
As far as the "Disney will let guests wear masks for years to come", they already did previously. On my trip end of January/early February 2020 there were already folks wearing masks in the parks. I remember on my first HS day, turning around after buying a Millenium Falcon popcorn bucket for my friend, and being face to face with an Italian woman and her family all wearing masks (I only note their nation of origin to point out it wasn't an American wearing a mask, and for the reference I noticed A LOT of foreign travelers wearing masks already on that trip). I also noticed on that trip, while riding DME, that there were a ton of mobile doctors and pharmacy vans at all the resorts we stopped at and thinking "well dang, that's not good". So, I do think that it had already started before it was ever mandated, and I wouldn't hate it if people still wore masks if they were feeling a little off so they don't spread their germs all over the place. I would like the days to be gone of getting sick on vacation at a Disney park.

I also think the'll just be like "masks are done!", but I do think we'll see it coming via CDC guideline changes so it won't come as too much of a shock.

I've only been casually following this thread since I didn't expect to go to any of the parks until late 2021 at the earliest. However I was surprised with a Disney trip for my milestone birthday in May. Right now MK is only open until 6:00 on my birthday and therefore the latest ADR we could get was 3:45. I know they have been extending park hours almost every month since Fall and extended Park Hours would likely also mean later ADR's becoming available.. How far in advance do they usually announce the new hours? Also, is there a way to sign up on either Disney's website or MDE to be notified when the hours change? Not sure if this makes a difference or not but as of last weekend every day in May was in the green except for Star Wars Day.
ADRs are generally available an hour after park closes. Suspect you’re just too late to booking. Set a touring plan alert in case anyone cancels.

So great the UK residents are able to finally get a slice of Disney before everyone else. They kind of got the shaft because of all the restrictions here.

Also noticed this. “The line is not mandating passengers be vaccinated, but stated it would be "implementing multiple layers of health and safety measures considering guidance from the U.K. government, health authorities and medical experts.”

Anyone know if you can get Uber eats delivery or similar to lobby at Rivera? Specifically will they let them through the gate shack?

ADRs are generally available an hour after park closes. Suspect you’re just too late to booking. Set a touring plan alert in case anyone cancels.
Seems ADR hours don't automatically adjust. Right now for my upcoming dates Epcot hours were just extended until 11 pm but dining only shows through 7 pm. Annoying that it isn't automatic but that's where TP reservation finder can help like you said!

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can get Uber eats delivery or similar to lobby at Rivera? Specifically will they let them through the gate shack?
I had a Postmates delivery in Nov and they let him through. I went to meet him under the portico instead of trying to meet inside.

As far as the "Disney will let guests wear masks for years to come", they already did previously. On my trip end of January/early February 2020 there were already folks wearing masks in the parks. I remember on my first HS day, turning around after buying a Millenium Falcon popcorn bucket for my friend, and being face to face with an Italian woman and her family all wearing masks (I only note their nation of origin to point out it wasn't an American wearing a mask, and for the reference I noticed A LOT of foreign travelers wearing masks already on that trip). I also noticed on that trip, while riding DME, that there were a ton of mobile doctors and pharmacy vans at all the resorts we stopped at and thinking "well dang, that's not good". So, I do think that it had already started before it was ever mandated, and I wouldn't hate it if people still wore masks if they were feeling a little off so they don't spread their germs all over the place. I would like the days to be gone of getting sick on vacation at a Disney park.

I also think the'll just be like "masks are done!", but I do think we'll see it coming via CDC guideline changes so it won't come as too much of a shock.
Yea, I've known many people (patient's I've treated) with some serious lung issues (mostly cystic fibrosis, lung failure awaiting transplant and the like) who have regularly worn masks in public for most of their lives already. Where even the mildest respiratory illness could be really bad. But I'm sure there will people, even without those issues, wearing masks for a while.

Also probably worth noting, on/around Monday Disney moved feature pool hours to 10am-11pm (they were previously 10am-10pm, which have been in place since Labor Day), so that may be the spring/summer hours they stick to for the rest of the warm weather seasons.

I have yet to see confirmation that all resorts have in fact moved to 11pm closing, but have seen reports from several resorts so I ‘suspect’ (key word) this may be the case across property. Would appreciate any real-time/on the ground reports if anyone happens to be there now/soon. Thank you!
All of pop pools say 11pm closing. 10a-11p

It is probably already on here but today I saw one small world boat with plastic. View attachment 565381View attachment 565381
Disney: You can have lower wait times or a good view. Pick one!

Navi, the newest ride with plexiass, is down to a 25 minute wait today, but was still 55 earlier in the week. Wait times across the board look low today actually.

Yeah, we were supposed to go on a June 7 sailing on the Dream but moved it, but haven't changed our dates so we are only doing the parks May 31-June 4 and having June 5 & 6 as pool days/relaxing days (moving to OKW on June 5 since the cruise was added on after the original trip was booked and we needed a couple extra nights). We'll just do parks on our full days/non-travel & moving days and leave the relaxing to the other days. It's my 6th trip since reopening so I'm not too concerned, but I know for others the thought of all those buckets filling up is anxiety inducing. I know if we had our relaxing pool days at YC/BC I would be inclined to book a cabana, I'm not usually a pool person, but I think I could go for chilling in one of those while my kids run around.

As far as the bucket thing goes, I've never had trouble booking my reservations as an out of state AP, but then again I book my trips kinda far out. I can see how it's extremely frustrating when you just want to move stuff around and see the AP bucket wide open. I'm hopeful they do some shifting of slots from AP to resort guest, I know if I was looking at booking for that time period and saw no HS I would change my mind and not go to WDW. If they want resort bookings they're going to have to give that bucket more slots, especially with more resorts opening.

I book far out too, but this trip unfortunately has gotten changed like three times due to pandemic wrenches in plans, not counting the original moving it to this May from last. Normally the only thing I tinker with incessantly leading up to a trip is ADRs, but had to change resorts and dates a couple of times. So I had to mess with my park days.

Luckily I called and was able to get the Passholder desk to book when I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter