Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one makes me sad. 😢We’ve been going to the Boardwalk as DVC members since our 2 guys were in elementary school. They’re now in their early 30s and ESPN was one of their favorite places to hang out and watch sports. We’re all due to go back in November. They’ll be really disappointed if it’s gone. Sigh.
Yes. I agree. We own at BWV as well and anytime we are there during football season we go to ESPN club to watch the games. That's where my picture is from. First Ample Hills and now ESPN.😭

Yes. I agree. We own at BWV as well and anytime we are there during football season we go to ESPN club to watch the games. That's where my picture is from. First Ample Hills and now ESPN.😭

I'm totally with you. The loss of Ample Hills and possibly ESPN really stings. Every WDW trip would include a visit to both. Great memories watching games and eating ice cream with my family.

I'm totally with you. The loss of Ample Hills and possibly ESPN really stings. Every WDW trip would include a visit to both. Great memories watching games and eating ice cream with my family.

Let’s hope that over time these can be replaced with vibrant establishments, and that the unique atmosphere and fun of the Boardwalk returns!

I'm at MCO ready to head back home and twice they have said over the intercom "Arriving Disney Cruise Line crew, please proceed to your Disney Cruise Line bus transportation." Maybe they have a large number of crew expected to arrive today?
I read an article that said some cruise lines may begin bringing back workers in order to meet quarantine requirements before they can begin testing cruises. All the workers have to quarantine for a couple of weeks before they can even begin working and getting the ship ready, so they would need to bring back workers who are vital for certain areas before bringing in passenger facing folks to get the ship ready. I think it's a long process to quarantine everyone before any work begins and meet CDC regulations. Still a good sign though of them possibly starting the process, we have a cruise booked for beginning of June that we're more than likely moving (again). Really don't know how I feel about paying all that money to be one of the first passenger sailings, I want them to have things smoothed out a bit first.

I read an article that said some cruise lines may begin bringing back workers in order to meet quarantine requirements before they can begin testing cruises. All the workers have to quarantine for a couple of weeks before they can even begin working and getting the ship ready, so they would need to bring back workers who are vital for certain areas before bringing in passenger facing folks to get the ship ready.

The CEO of NCL has stated they will need ~90 days to restart operations.

"As for occupancy levels during the start-up phase, Del Rio said that the CDC has not yet given the industry their target occupancy levels. However, NCLH is looking at an initial 50 percent level."

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24453-norwegian-90-day-window-for-cruise-restart.html

The CEO of NCL has stated they will need ~90 days to restart operations.

"As for occupancy levels during the start-up phase, Del Rio said that the CDC has not yet given the industry their target occupancy levels. However, NCLH is looking at an initial 50 percent level."

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24453-norwegian-90-day-window-for-cruise-restart.html
Yes, I read that as well. Between the crew quarantine and just getting the ships up and running with new safety protocols and back on the water again after so much time it's going to take months. I feel like some people feel like it will be like the parks where they bring back CM and 2 weeks later they're read to go, this is a major undertaking that will take a long time.

Yes, I read that as well. Between the crew quarantine and just getting the ships up and running with new safety protocols and back on the water again after so much time it's going to take months. I feel like some people feel like it will be like the parks where they bring back CM and 2 weeks later they're read to go, this is a major undertaking that will take a long time.

We have a cruise booked for the end of December and are leery that it will be a go. And even if it is, I do wonder what the experience will be like not only on the ship, but the ports of call. I don't want to be restricted to only do excursions via the cruise line sanctioned ones. The best experiences I have had is when I go through the locals. We'll see.

Yeah, I read a story on them. The expanded too fast and took on a lot of debt. COVID didn't really have anything to do with it.
Bob Iger assisted the original owners of Ample Hill with their business plan.

edited to add I have no idea if the Disney location was owned by Ample Hills or run by Disney under license from Ample Hills.

Unfortunately, actions have consequences. Covid response has destroyed hundreds of thousands of businesses. These are just a couple more examples.
ESPN Club closing is just a rumor and while most likely true, Disney started to abandon the ESPN Club concept well before COVID. The one in Downtown Disney closed 2.5 years ago. Ample Hills filed for bankruptcy before COVID. These aren't mom and pop shops, any decision to reopen is strictly a business one that's most likely been in the works before COVID.

But that is not what is being reported yesterday by people that dined with new rules, they still interacted maskless for parts of their meal. As soon as drink was on table, you order food after drinks come, they bring food when drinks are there.....so for most part nothing much changed. Its kinda of crazy to make people stick them on mid eating/chewing when the server stops by for a min to ask if need anything.....think about that is just insane.
I think its been this way in NYC for a while but I can't remember if it is government mandated or if its just sort of the unspoken rule that everyone does but its actually pretty easy. Like if someone is coming up to refill your water I see most people just pick up their mask and hold it over their nose and mouth instead of putting it completely on since by the time they get it on server will be away. I think people will get the hang of it.

I think its been this way in NYC for a while but I can't remember if it is government mandated or if its just sort of the unspoken rule that everyone does but its actually pretty easy. Like if someone is coming up to refill your water I see most people just pick up their mask and hold it over their nose and mouth instead of putting it completely on since by the time they get it on server will be away. I think people will get the hang of it.
Eww! I’m not touching my mask mid-meal. Thank goodness that’s not what Disney expects as we have had 0 reports that is what they’re telling people to do now.

Eww! I’m not touching my mask mid-meal. Thank goodness that’s not what Disney expects as we have had 0 reports that is what they’re telling people to do now.
Lol I hear you. Its def not for everyone and Disney seems to have a handle on it so far :)

What in the world is going on this Saturday that all of the parks are greyed out for AP's? I know it's opening weekend of Flower and Garden but still. Every park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter