Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
how was seated at table vs not seated at table hard to understand? Now it’s more complicated.
It's NOT for me. But it seems people were taking advantage, so Disney clarified the rules. Same thing happened when people were eating in indoor queues. Taking a quick sip of water would have been fine, but people started having full on picnics in line so the rules changes.

Recent pics of Tron. On two days we saw construction during weekdays (I thought all activity had stopped?). The first two are the same pic, one is cropped and taken from the Barnstormer queue on Friday 2/26. The third was taken from Speedway the previous Sunday and no construction going on. I thought I had taken some pics of the workers working up in the buckets on the tracks on Thursday 2/18 but I can't seem to find them. (I'm now wondering if I imagined that, lol)

Attachments

• Tron1.jpeg
    Tron1.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 36
  • Tron2.jpeg
    Tron2.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Tron3.jpg
    Tron3.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 35
Recent pics of Tron. On two days we saw construction during weekdays (I thought all activity had stopped?). The first two are the same pic, one is cropped and taken from the Barnstormer queue on Friday 2/26. The third was taken from Speedway the previous Sunday and no construction going on. I thought I had taken some pics of the workers working up in the buckets on the tracks on Thursday 2/18 but I can't seem to find them. (I'm now wondering if I imagined that, lol)

They are committed to completing the outside canopy but then the rumor/understanding is they will pause construction and have sealed the inside, etc. ... I think we shall see for how long after we see when full capacity returns and how consistent the demand is (basically how quickly Disney gets back to full revenue)

They are committed to completing the outside canopy but then the rumor/understanding is they will pause construction and have sealed the inside, etc. ... I think we shall see for how long after we see when full capacity returns and how consistent the demand is (basically how quickly Disney gets back to full revenue)
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I thought I read it stopped and this makes sense to finish up the exterior.

What is Disney currently doing for package cancellations and final payment timelines. Are they cancelling if you don't pay at 30 days? I am 50/50 on if I'm going to be able to for 4/2 still and it will be come more clear about 14 days out. I know I can change my dates (and that is what we'd do) but I've already cancelled three trips and really don't want to postpone again if possible.

I don't think it specifically was amazing but I do think having a sports bar on property is a good thing - so if it is gutted to make it better and maybe a little more upscale but still a sports bar I would be cool with that
Has anyone heard any rumors of whether it's an total refurb or something completely new?

I don't think it specifically was amazing but I do think having a sports bar on property is a good thing - so if it is gutted to make it better and maybe a little more upscale but still a sports bar I would be cool with that
If they would just put in something similar to CityWorks there, I'd be happy. That place is really good. Last time I went to the ESPN zone, the food was just ok and I didn't love the atmosphere.

If they would just put in something similar to CityWorks there, I'd be happy. That place is really good. Last time I went to the ESPN zone, the food was just ok and I didn't love the atmosphere.
I'm not a huge fan of sports bars in general, but we ate at the NBC grill at Universal Citywalk several years ago and the food there was great!

We ate at RIX (CSR) last trip a few weeks ago the place was totally empty - food was just OK

What is Disney currently doing for package cancellations and final payment timelines. Are they cancelling if you don't pay at 30 days? I am 50/50 on if I'm going to be able to for 4/2 still and it will be come more clear about 14 days out. I know I can change my dates (and that is what we'd do) but I've already cancelled three trips and really don't want to postpone again if possible.
I would recommend calling Disney to be 100% sure. I believe it's still less than 30 days that full payment is required but don't quote me on that. In this case I'd go directly to them to ask.

Book with Confidence
Enjoy peace of mind when you book your next stay—with a flexible cancellation policy for arrivals through April 30, 2021.

Rooms and Packages
To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through April 30, 2021. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.

You don't have to pay by the 30 days. Since Covid, they've been allowing full payment at checkin if you'd like. Currently it's through the end of April I believe, but they keep extending it, but either way you should be good.

Has anyone heard any rumors of whether it's an total refurb or something completely new?

This one makes me sad. 😢We’ve been going to the Boardwalk as DVC members since our 2 guys were in elementary school. They’re now in their early 30s and ESPN was one of their favorite places to hang out and watch sports. We’re all due to go back in November. They’ll be really disappointed if it’s gone. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter