Critique/Suggestions for adults only, friends weekend

kboo

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are two female friends 50+ going to WDW in the spring. I am a Disney veteran with tween kids (who have tried most of the signature restaurants already); when we go, we usually hit the parks *hard*. One of my BFFs wanted to join me for a Disney weekend for me to share my love. We are going to be there for 3 days, 2 nights over a long weekend (March 1-3). She's already gotten a 2day PH with the ability to extend a third day if we want. I have an AP with photopass.

A little about my friend:
  • Has been to WDW once, maybe 25 years ago, in connection with a conference. She thinks maybe grand floridian and she visited MK?
  • Never married, no kids
  • Has seen 1-2 Disney classic movies (Pinocchio) and Star Wars Ep 4, 5 (I know!)
  • Is in great physical shape and an early riser, so walking will not be an issue
  • "likes" thrill rides
  • Expressed an interest in seeing Galaxy's Edge
  • "not interested" in character meals
  • generally very flexible and we are both very experienced travelers and she wants to defer to me on the disney plan, other than the info I've gotten above (lol "no pressure")

Neither of us are big drinkers, but we like good food. We are staying at Riviera and have 2 dinners booked. I'm thinking of trying to show her the headliners and using ILL (and maybe G+):

Friday:
  • arrive
  • afternoon: AK: Pandora, Flight of Passage (I don't even think she's seen Avatar), Safari, FoLK
  • early dinner: Flying Fish
  • evening: Epcot + Moonlight Magic: F&G festival, Guardians, Remy ... world showcase stroll before MM, fireworks

Saturday:
  • AM: Rope drop HS, Rise of the Resistance, Galaxy's Edge, TS Land, maybe RNRC and ToT
  • early dinner: Topolinos
  • evening: MK - fireworks, Tron ...

Sunday:
?

Questions:
  1. Is this too much? Too little?
  2. We should get Genie+? (I think yes?)
  3. Are there other rides/places we should check out in each park?
  4. I am not sure if Friday evening is enough time for Epcot. We have to leave WDW around 11:30 on Sunday, so should we rope drop Epcot that morning?
  5. Other ideas for Sunday AM?

What you have sounds great! I'd definitely look to do ILL for FOP and for Tron, and probably Rise - it's extra cost, but takes away the worry of getting on them - and allows you to select a time window that makes sense for you. I notice you mention RoRC to HS - be aware that's currently down for an 'extended' refurb - not sure it will be open for you. Genie+, especially Saturday, could offer you some flexibility and options for riding those attractions - more so than without G+.

I'm sure you know, but MM will run quite late Friday night, which could make rope drop Saturday a challenge!! Your Sunday AM plans might be sleeping in a bit! Have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter